This catalog is issued in honor and in memory of my late wife, Hanna Jane Trigère. Her life was filled with creating beauty in the world and hiddur mitzvah. Some of her work can be seen below, and additional art, writings, and videos can be viewed at her website, www.JaneTrigere.com.
May her memory be for a blessing, and may it inspire us to make this a more beautiful and compassionate world.
Wishing you all a joyous Pesach.
1. The Jewish Contribution in Twentieth-Century Art: Selections from the Permanent Collection. Milwaukke Art Museum, 1993. 60 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271421) $15.00
2. Juhasz, Esther. Sephardi Jews in the Ottoman Empire: Aspects of Material Culture. Israel Museum, 1990. 280 pp. Catalog of the exhibit with superb black and white and color illustrations, Inspiring work. Very Good. Paperback. (270909) $25.00
3. Kaethe Kollwitz : Zeichnungen, Radierungen, Lithographien, Holzschnitte, Skulpturen. Tel Aviv Museum, 1971. exhibition catalog about 85 pp. In english and Hebrew with black and white images, ex library with pocket and book plate. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272565) $26.00
4. Kanof, Abram. Jewish Ceremonial Art and Religious Observance. NY: Abrams, 1969. 253 pp. ex library with markings. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (229063) $18.00
5. Kanstsedikas A. Masterpieces of Jewish Art Bronze. Moscow: Imidzh, 1991. 318 pp. In Russian and English. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
illustrated book of Jewish ceremonial objects and crafts found in museums and private collections in Russia (259289) $25.00
6. Katz Raymond signed by. Prelude to a New Art for an Old Religion; 27 Original Motifs Based on the Hebrew Alphabet. Chicago: Stein, 1945. 27 pp. spiral bound, Good +. cardboards.
Preface and explanatory notes by Shlomo Marenoff (271328) $65.00
7. Kayser ,Stephen. Jewish Ceremonial Art: A Guide to the Appreciation of Art Objects…Principally from the Collection of Jewish Museum. Phil: JPS, 1955. 12mo 168 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (229073) $15.00
8. Kirshenblatt Gimblett Barbara editor. The Art of Being Jewish in Modern Times. Pennsylvania, 2007. 449 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271358) $18.00
9. Kirshenblatt Gimblett Barbara editor. Destination Culture: Tourism, Museums, and Heritage. California, 1998. 326 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (271366) $58.00
10. Kleeblatt Norman. Larry Rivers’ History of Matzah: The Story of the Jews (an exhibition catalogue). Jewish Museum, 1984. 27 pp. with some fold out art. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (255226) $16.00
11. Kleeblatt Norman. Leon and Julia Obermayer Collection at Congregation Rodeph Shalom. Philadelphia: Rodeph Shalom, 1988. 31 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Includes discussion of Jewish ceremonial art and life transitions and examples of works and then catalog (270951) $15.00
12. Kleeblatt, Norman (editor). Mirroring Evil: Nazi Imagery/ Recent Art. New Brunswick: Rutgers UP, 2002. New. Paperback.
Catalog from controversial exhibit at Jewish Museum. When does art become kitsch and offensive to memory? (269017) $10.00
13. Krippendorff Ekkehart. Die Darstellung des Judentums in der Lehrerbildung und im Schulunterricht. Bonn: Verbandes Deutscher Studentenschafte, 1960. 96+ 36 pp. typed mimeograph, paper yellowing but not brittle, small piece of cover lacking, slight library mark on paste down. Good. Wrapper.
Verbandes Deutscher Studentenschaften (271320) $25.00
14. Kroyanker, David. Jerusalem Architecture-Periods and Styles; Jewish Neighborhoods and Public Buildings Outside the City Walls. Keter, 1987. 356pp, in Hebrew. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (253496) $35.00
15. Kupferminc Mirta. Wanderings. HUC JIR Museum, 2009/2010. Exhibition catalog of the work of Argentinian Jewish artist about 50 pp many color illustrations includes essays about her work. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272572) $53.00
16. Landsberger, Franz. A History of Jewish Art. UAHC, 1946. 369 pp.classic work. good. Hardcover .
Was head of the Jewish Museum in Berlin, was imprisoned by the Nazis and was able to flee and take a position with HUC in Cincinnati. (272556) $17.00
17. Langer, Lawrence (essay and commentary). Landscapes of Jewish Experience: Paintings by Samuel Bak. Boston: Pucker Gallery/Brandeis, 1997. large 8vo 126 pp. dj creased . Good. Hardback & DJ.
Bak was from Vilna, hidden during the Holocaust. Paints as a witness to the destruction and as a survivor rebuilding for future (260692) $25.00
18. Leveen, Jacob. The Hebrew Bible in Art: The Schweisch Lectures of 1939. London: Hermon Press, 1974. 140 pp. 51 plates one page has pen marks book plate sfep. good. cloth. (271350) $12.00
19. Levine, Lee ( editor). Ancient Synagogues Revealed. Detroit: Wayne State, 1982. 199 pp Filled with illustrations. dj torn. Good. Hardcover . (267302) $15.00
20. Levy Jane. The Jewish Illustrated Book. Berkeley: Judah Magnes Museum, 1986. 150 pp. Very good. Paperback.
Essays on the Jewish illustrated book Jewish artists as Book illustrators and catalog of books illustrated by the artists. (267303) $10.00
21. Lewbin Hyman. Rebirth of Jewish Art The unfolding of Jewish Art in the Nineteenth Century. NY: Shengold, 1974. 8vo 125 pp. good. cloth. (260687) $15.00
22. Liberman Judith Weinshall. My Life into Art; an Autobiography. Booklocker, 2007. 328 pp inscribed copy. Very Good. Paperback.
From Israel to the USA, her journey form law into art. Known for her Judaica work and memorials to the Shoah especially Holocaust Wall Hangings also distributed by Schoen Books. (220789) $30.00
23. Liberman, Judith Weinshall. Holocaust Wall Hangings. Boston: Charles River, 2002. 89 pp. Very good+. Hardback & DJ.
Exquisitely produced book combines reproductions of 45 unique multimedia artworks about the Holocaust with analytical essays about these works, each from a different perspective. The large textile wall hangings have been exhibited in museums throughout the USA. Essays by Stephen Feinstein, Salvatore Scalora, Ori Soltes and the artist. (252099) $15.00
24. Lilien, E.M. (Zeichnungen); Rahlwes, F (Hrsg.) . Die Bucher der Bibel Die Lehrdichtung Die Spruche * Hiob * Der Prediger * Ruth * Jona * Esther * Daniel. Wien: Harz, 1923. 304 pp. Good +. Cloth.
E.M. Lilien was the leading Jewish artist of Jugendstil. One of the special characteristics of this volume is that in addition to the usual numerous illustrations, Lilien has designeddifferent stylized letters for the text which is elegantly printed in red and black. (268149) $150.00
25. Lilien, E.M. (Zeichnungen); Rahlwes, F (Hrsg.) . Die Bucher der Bibel Die Liederdichtung; Die Psalmen * Die Klagelieder * Das Hohelied. Wien: Harz, 1923. 328 pp endpapers foxed, plate removed ffrom back endpaper the interior is clean, no marks. book bit shaken, decorated covers bit soiled. Good. Cloth.
E.M. Lilien was the leading Jewish artist of Jugendstil. One of the special characteristics of this volume is that in addition to the usual numerous illustrations, Lilien has designed over 100 different stylized borders for the text which is elegantly printed in red and black. (259133) $125.00
26. Lilien, E.M. (Zeichnungen); Rahlwes, F (Hrsg.) . Die Bucher der Bibel Die Liederdichtung; Die Psalmen * Die Klagelieder * Das Hohelied. Wien: Harz, 1923. 328 pp hinge starting crown and base of spine slight tears. GoodGood +. Cloth.
E.M. Lilien was the leading Jewish artist of Jugendstil. One of the special characteristics of this volume is that in addition to the usual numerous illustrations, Lilien has designed over 100 different stylized borders for the text which is elegantly printed in red and black. (268150) $165.00
27. Lilien, E.M.; Bar-Am, Micha; Feldman, Nira (editor). Painting with Light; The Photographic Aspect in the Work of E M Lilien. Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv Museum, 1990. 239 pp. top corner slightly bumped. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Exhibition catalog. Magnificent. (260149) $40.00
28. Mann Vivian. Jewish Texts on the Visual Arts. Cambridge, 2000. 236 pp. sfep . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271349) $30.00
29. Mann, Vivian ,(editor). Convivencia: Jews, Muslims and Christians in Medieval Spain. NY: Jewish Museum, 1992. large 8vo 264 pp. Good +. wrapper.
Essays by Benjamin Gampel on Jews Christians and Muslims through the eyes of Sephardic Jews, Hebrew poetry by Raymond P. Scheindlin, Dwayne Carpenter on social perceptions in literature, Science in Medieval Spain by Thomas Glick, Mudejar tradition, cultural identity and hegemony by Jerrilynn Dodds, Hebrew Illuminated Manuscripts by Gabrielle Sed-Rajna and Material Cultural in Medieval Spain by Juan Zozaya (260267) $15.00
30. Marcel Janco Exposition Retrospective. Tel Aviv Museum, 1972. 40 pp. In Hebrew and English ex library with pocket and book plate many color images. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272570) $24.00
31. Marx Alexander Herrmann Meyer. Festschrift für Aron Freimann. Soncino, 1935. 172 pp. ex library with markings and plate,tape on spine wonderful essays including Gershom Scholem on A Kabbasilsitc Work in the British Museum. Good-. Hardcover .
From 1897 he was chief of the Hebrew department at the Stadtbibliotek Frankfurt, and under his direction the library in Frankfurt upon Main assembled one of the richest collections of Judaica and Hebraica in the world. He retired in 1933 when the Nazis came to power and immigrated to the United States in 1938. Between 1939 and 1945 he served as consultant in bibliography to the New York Public Library.(Wikipedia) (272377) $68.00
32. Mary Ryan Gallery. Hugo Gellert. Gallery, 1986. 32 pp. works for sale by Gellert and prices, cover worn worker art. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271331) $30.00
33. Mayor Hyatt inscribed by. Rembrandt and the Bible. Metropolitan Museum, 1979. 48 pp. wonderful images. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272554) $20.00
34. Mellinkoff Ruth. The Horned Moses in Medieval Art and Thought (California Studies in the History of Art, 14). California, 1970. 210 pp. with many plates following text bookplate. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271317) $18.00
35. Mendelsohn Ezra (editor). Art and Its Uses The Visual Image and Modern Jewish Society Studies in Contemporary Jewry an annual VI. NY: Oxford UP, 1990. Excellent collectionof essays including The Artist as refugee and Visual Dreyfus Affair and Max Lieberman painting in publ sph 8vo 418 pp. very good. Hardback & DJ. (271351) $15.00
36. Mendelsohn Ezra. Painting a People; Maurycy Gottlieb and Jewish Art. Brandeis, 2002. 279 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (271348) $16.00
37. Meyers-Kingsley Dara. Two Site Specific Artworks at the Center for Jewish History Luminous Manuscripts Diane Samuels and Biblical Species by Michelle Doner. Center for Jewish History, 2008?. about 25 pages with many color illustrations, magnificent. Very Good. Wrapper. (265085) $18.00
38. Millner, Simon. Lesser Ury. NY: Macmadim, 1943. Fourteen etchings by Ury. Text in Hebrew 12mo 16+14 pp. tears to spine and crown bruised. Good-. Hardcover . (256602) $15.00
39. Milrod Glenda. Ketubah: The Jewish Marriage Contract. Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980. Magnificent work. material on loan from the Cecil Roth collection at Beth Tzedec Museum 58 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (263459) $25.00
40. Mintz Sharon curator. Towards the Eternal Center: Israel, Jerusalem, and the Temple an Exhibition , March 5-June 27, 1996, the Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America. JTS, 1966. 71 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (260140) $20.00
41. Mintz Sharon (curator). Kehillat Ha Kodesh Creating the Sacred Community; The roles of the Rabbi Cantor Mohel and Shohet in Jewish Communal Life. JTS, 1997. 70 pp. back cover slight crease, filled with images. Very Good. Paperback. (271395) $15.00
42. Moore, Claire, editor. The Visual Dimension: Aspects of Jewish Art. Boulder: Westview, 1993. 8vo 184 pp. new. cloth.
Published in memory of isaiah shachar, in cooperation with the oxford centre for postgraduate hebrew studies. (265738) $24.00
43. Morgenstein, Susan & Levine, Ruth. The Jews in the Age of Rembrandt. Judaic Museum of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington, 1982. 84 pp.three essays and exhibition plates inscription on tp. Good +. Paperback. (272553) $20.00
44. Moritz Spitzer; Mira Friedmann;. Jerusalem: paintings and drawings. World Zionist Organization. Department for Education and Culture in the Diaspora .Dvir, 1968. “Mordechai Ardon, Avigdor Arikha, Ludwig Blum, Leon Engelsberg, Leopold Krakauer, Mordechai Levanon, Ruben Rubin, Jakob Steinhardt, Anna Ticho, Joseph Zaritsky.” 1 portfolio ( pages, 10 plates (some color) folio Magnificent images. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
[Edited by Moshe Spitzer. Description of the pictures by Mira Friedmann. (271301) $75.00
45. Moshe Castel Retrospective Exhibition 1928-1973. Tel Aviv Museum, 1973. 70 pp. ex library with pocket and book plate many color images. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272568) $20.00
46. Moshe Castel Retrospective Exhibition 1928-1973. Tel Aviv Museum, 1973. 70 pp. ex library with pocket and book plate many color images. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272569) $20.00
47. Nadler Steven. Rembrandt’s Jews. Univ of Chicago, 2003. Discusses Rembrandt’s realtionship with the Jewish people and Judaism. 250 pages . Very good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271347) $12.00
48. Namenyi, Ernest. The Essence of Jewish Art. NY: Yoseloff, 1960. 92 pp. ex library with plates. Good. Hardcover . (271352) $10.00
49. Narkiss Bezalel editor. Journal of Jewish Art. Volume Ten 1984. Jerusalem: Center for Jewish Art, 1984. 118 pp. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
“Pharaoh is Dead and Living at the Gates of Hell,” Narkiss, “Three Mysterious Ladies Unmasked,” Ruth Mellinkoff, “Further Thoughts on an Ealry Illustrated Pentateuch,” Gabrielle Sed-Rajna, “The ‘Camera del Mapamondo et del Caiero’ in the Palazzo di San Sebastian in Mantua,” Clifford M. Brown, “The Use of Meaning of Christian Motifs in Illustrations of Jewish Marriage Contracts in Italy,” Shalom Sabar, “Illustrations in Early Editions of the Tsene-U’rene: Jewish Adaptations of Christian Sources,” Milly Heyd, “The Masonic Mizrah and Lamp: Jewish Ritual Art as a Reflection of Cultural Assimilation,” Alice M. Greenwald, “Prophet Elijah’s Ascension in the Works of Chagall,” Mira Friedman (257004) $30.00
50. Newman, Elias. Art in Palestine: A Survey of the Development of Contemporary Art: Fifty Biographies. NY: Siebel, 1939. 125 pp . good. Hardcover .
Many refugee artists sculptors and stage designers included.Biography also includes a reproduction of artist’s work (272555) $25.00
51. Nochlin Linda (editor). The Jew in the Text Modernity and the Construction of Identity. London: Thames and Hudson, 1995. 8vo 335 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
The portrayal and use of the Jew in modern fiction. Sixteen Essays Articles are, “Starting with the Self: Jewish Identity and Its Representation,” Linda Nochlin, “Modernity, Identity, Textuality,” Tamar Garb, “Neither Black Nor White: THe Figure of ‘the Jew’ in Imperial British Literature,” Bryan Cheyette, “Charles Dickens’ ‘Oliver Twist:’ Fagin as a Sign,” Juliet Stein, “Toulouse-Lautrec’s Illustrations for Victor Joze and Georges Clemenceau and their Relationship to french Anti-Semitism of the 1890’s,” Gale B. Murray, “Joh Singer Sargent’s Portraits of the Wetheimer family,” Kathleen Adler, “Salome, Syphilis, Sarah Bernhardt, and the Modern Jewess,” Sander L. Gilman, “When Is a Jewish Star Just a Star? Interpreting Images of Sarah Bernhardt,” Carlo Ockman, “Marcel Proust: In Search of Identity,” Julia Kristeva, “From Fin de Siecle to Vichy: The Cultural Hygienics of Camille (Faust) Mauclair,” Romy Golan, “Vampires, Viruses, and Lucien Rebatet: Anti-Semitic Art Criticism During Vichy,” Michele C. Cone, “El Lissitzky’s ‘Interchange Stations’: The Letter and the Spirit,” Judith Glatzer Wechsler, “The Jew in Sartre’s ‘Reflexions sur la question juive.’ An Excercise in Historical Reading,” Susan Rubin Suleiman, “I.AM.A”: Addressing the Jewish Question in Joyce’s ‘Ulysses,'” Steven Connor, “Assimilation, Entertainment, and the Hollywood Solution,” Claire Pajaczkowska and Barry Curtis, “‘A Little Child Shall Lead Them’: The Jewish Family Romance,” Marshall Berman, “Parvenu or Palimsest: Some Tracings of the Jew in Modern France,” Adrian Rifkin, “The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum: Memory and the Politics of Identity,” James E. Young (267323) $10.00
52. Ofek Ruthi curator. E. M. Lilien. The First Zionist Artist. Letters, Etchings, Drawings, Photographs. Tel Aviv: Open Museum, 1997. 184 + 163 pp. In English and Hebrew ex library with pocket. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272374) $40.00
53. Olin Margaret. The Nation without Art Examining Modern Discourses on Jewish Art. Nebraska, 2001. 275 pp. Seven essays in three categories Defining Jewish Art Reclaiming Jewish Art and Abstaining from Jewish art includes Martin Buber: Jewish Art as Visual Redemption. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271365) $12.00
54. Omar, Abed Al-Samih Abu. Traditional Palestinian Embroidery and Jewelry. self, 2005. 144 pp. filled with color illustrations. Very Good. Hardcover . (262549) $9.00
55. Ozick Cynthia. Ink and Inkling: Mark Podwall, Master of the True Line. Mt Holyoke College, 1990. 40 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272573) $15.00
56. The paintings of Moritz Oppenheim Jewish LIfe in 19th Century Germany. Jewish Museum, 1981. 6 page foldout of exhibit. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263451) $16.00
57. Perry-Lehmann, Meira. Pins: Woodcuts, 1942 – 2000. Israel Museum, 2000. 126 pp. exhibition catalog Text in English and Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272551) $20.00
58. Ranc Robert preface de. Abram Krol De Livre En Livre MCMLXI-MCMLXV. Ecole Estienne, 1966. 49 pp. tears to covers slight stain beautiful work bu French Jewish artist. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271329) $50.00
59. Rosenfeld Gavriel. Building After Auschwitz Jewish Architecture and the Memory of the Holocaust. Yale, 2011. 437 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261221) $20.00
60. Rubin Carmela. Sionah Tagger: Retrospective. Tel Aviv Museum, 2003. 180 pp. with color plates in Hebrew and English. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
One of the founding generations of Israeli artists (271197) $28.00
61. Sabar Shalom editor. A Crown for a King: Studies in Jewish Art, History, and Archaeology in Memory of Stephen S. Kayser. Gefen, 2000. 217 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (271356) $16.00
62. Sachs Angeli editor. Jewish Identity in Contemporary Architecture/Judische Identitat in Der Zeitgenossischen Architektur. Prestel, 2004. 175 pp. large 8vo filled with signifigant essays. Very Good. Hardcover . (271360) $23.00
63. Scharf Isiu. Isiu Scharf: Motives and Figures from Yiddish Literature; Demuyot u-motivim min ha-sifrut ha-yidit : dapim grafiyim. Tel Aviv: 1969. 11 of 16 plates insprired graphics wonderful black and white images in slipcase wear and tear to spine. Good. cardboard. (271305) $55.00
64. Schor Mira curator. Abstract Marriage Sculpture by Ilya Schor and Resia Schor. Provincetown Art Association, 2013. 51 pp. includes several essays and images of their work and full color plates, inspired and magnificent work and homage. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (269402) $30.00
65. Schwab, Walter (editor). Jewish Artists: The Ben Uri Collection. London: Ben Uri Art Society, 1994. A catalogue of works by Jewish artists and of Jewish interest in the possession of the Ben Uri Art Society. London. 8vo 160 pp. new. Stiff Wrapper. (263457) $15.00
66. Schwarz K. Modern Jewish art In Palestine with 130 illustrations and an appendix containing the biographies of the Palestinian Artists. Jerusalem: Mass, 1941. 176 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate taped spine reading copy. Good-. Hardcover . (272373) $40.00
67. Schwebel (Fox Evrett introduction). David’s Journey. From the Books of Samuel and Kings. Yeshiva University/Stabilized Chaos Press, 1997. 43+141 pages Israeli artist, slight library mark title page. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Inaugural exhibit (271893) $25.00
68. Schwebel Ivan. Schwebel: Jerusalem – Tel Aviv. Jerusalem: Aviva, 1989. 224 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) Important Israeli Artist. Very Good-. Paperback. (263454) $26.00
69. The Sculpture & Drawing of Elie Nadelman 1882-1946. Whitney, 1975. 118 pp. filled with illustrations. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (263730) $17.00
70. Sed- Rajna, Gabrielle. L’Art Juif. Presses Universitaires, 1985. 124 pp. small paperback. Very Good-. Paperback. (272557) $12.00
71. Sed-Rajna Gabrielle Ziva Amishai-Maisels; Bernard Wooding; Sara Friedman. Jewish Art. ABrams, 1997. folio. pp. 635.pp. 795 illus. (272 colour). massive tome reinforced hinges, small remainder mark on lower fore edge. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271339) $84.00
72. Seder sefirat ha-ȯmer : facsimile of an Omer calendar from Italy, c. 1800 (Mic. 4105). JTS, 1990. 110 pp. black and white illsutration to augment the dates, In Hebrew small volume. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272575) $45.00
73. Semin Dedier. Christian Boltanski. London: Phaidon, 1999. 160 pp. Very Good. stiff wrapper.
Articles, essays, and interviews with Boltanski. Also filled with his work. Extensive art concerning the Shoah. (269450) $35.00
74. Sentry Lodge B’nai B’rith. We Bear Witness; A tribute by Americans to the Contributions of the Jew in America. Domesday, 1945. 65 pp. cover worn ex library with markings , the Lodge describes contributions it made to the War effort. Good. Cloth.
Tributes by famous Americans including Geroge Washington, Calvin Coolidge, Mark Twain, etc. (253874) $15.00
75. Shachar Isaiah. Jewish Tradition in Art: The Feuchtwanger Collection of Judaica. jerusalem: Israel Museum, 1981. 340 pp., in Hebrew and English. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Lists and descriptions of Jewish ceremonial art objects and especially amulets with photos. Beautiful collection (260336) $56.00
76. Shadur, Joseph. Traditional Jewish Papercuts. An Inner World of Art and Symbol. UPNE, 2002. 263 pp. Classic work. very good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272579) $30.00
77. Shilo-Cohen, Nurit. Bezalel: 1906-1929. Jerusalem: Israel Museum, 1983. 8vo 390 pp.dj very worn book plate writing on half title, In conjunction with exhibition, exhaustive study of the work of Boris Schatz and the art school in Jerusalem. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (269298) $40.00
78. Simon Schama. Rembrandt’s Eyes. Knopf, 1999. 750 pp dj creased.Magnificent tour de force. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272576) $26.00
79. Sorek Ronit curator. The Divine Image: Depicting God in Jewish and Israeli Art. Israel Museum, 2006. 58 + 69 pp, In Hebrew and English. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (256788) $15.00
80. Soussloff Catherine (editor). Jewish Identity in Modern Art History. Berkeley: Univ. fo Calif, 1999. 240 pp. new. Paperback.
Ten essays on Bezalel, Liebermann, Aby Warburg, Clement Greenberg, Meyer Schapiro, etc. (272559) $15.00
81. Steven Fine, Vivian B. Mann, Margaret Olin, Editors. Images: a Journal of Jewish Art and Visual Culture; Volume 4. Brill, 2010. 138 pp. masthead page appears three time. Very Good +. Paperback.
Yearly publication (271291) $36.00
82. Steven Fine, Vivian B. Mann, Margaret Olin, Editors. Images: a Journal of Jewish Art and Visual Culture Volume 3; The Vivian Mann Festschrift. Brill, 2009. 151 pp. bottom corner bumped. Good +. Paperback.
Yearly publication (271292) $32.00
83. Sussman Varda. Ornamented Jewish oil-lamps from the destruction of the Second Temple through the Bar-Kokhba revolt. In Hebrew. Mosad Byaliḳ, 1972. 145 pp. In Hebrew ex library with markings and plate and number n spine. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272401) $25.00
84. Volavkova Hana. The Synagogue Treasures of Bohemia and Moravia. Prague: Sfinx, 1949. 97 pages of plates + 38 pp. very good dj. Good +. cloth. (218689) $25.00
85. Winter Irene. Ingathering: Ceremony and Tradition in New York Public Collections. Jewish Museum, 1969. lists 257 objects about 35 pp. slight tear to front cover. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271393) $15.00
86. Wolf Connie. Daniel Libeskind and The Contemporary Jewish Museum: New Jewish Architecture from Berlin to San Francisco. Rizzoli, 2008. 124 pp. large 8vo filled with glossy photos. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Contributions from Faniel Liebeskind, Mitchell Schwarzer and James Young (267687) $15.00
87. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica : The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 1; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2005. Magnificent new periodical. Articles: Figural Art in Ancient Judaism by Lee Levine; Toward a Semiotic Approach to Jewish Art by Avigdor Poseq; The Meaning of the Zodiac in Synagogues…by Mira Friedman; Dragons: A Symbol of Evil in European Synagogue Decoration? by Ilia Rodov; Gallico’s Identity Exposed: Revealing an Erased Colophon from a Renaissance Prayer Book by Evelyn Cohen; Discovering the Floersheim Haggadah by Yael Zirlin; Art and Early Zionist Movement: Controversy and Discord by Avram Kampf; Chagall’s Fiddler by Mirjam Rajner; Arnold Schoenberg’s Self portraits…by Milly Heyd; An Early Torah Pointer from Afghanistan by Shaul Shaked and Ruth Jacoby. Followed by book reviews and memoriams. Condition new. Paperback. (271295) $30.00
88. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica : The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 8; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2012. 164 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (261171) $40.00
89. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica : The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 9; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2013. 142 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (261174) $40.00
90. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica, Volume 5: The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2009. 145 pp. bottom corners bumped. Condition new. Paperback. (257000) $30.00
91. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica, Volume 7 The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 201`. 160 pp. Condition new. Paperback. (261172) $30.00
92. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica: The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 2; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2006. fourteen essays 184 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (271293) $68.00
93. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica: The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 3; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2007. Six essays 128 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (271294) $65.00
94. Yerushalmi, Yosef. Haggadah and History: A Panorama in Facsimile of Five Centuries of the Printed Haggadah. Philadelphia: JPS, 1975. 495 pp. dj torn. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Two hundred plates. Includes the Shoah. (260339) $20.00
95. Young James. At Memory’s Edge: After Images of the Holocaust in Contemporary Art and Architecture. New Haven: Yale, April 2000. 256 pp.slight pen markings, foxing to top edge. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Explores Germany’s memorial crisis and how can contemporary artists remember the Holocaust, which they never knew. (269601) $10.00
96. Zeldis-Mcdonough, Yona; Zeldis, Malcah. Moments in Jewish Life: The Folk Art of Malcah Zeldis. Friedman, 1996. 91 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
Remembering the shtetls of Eastern Europe in tradition of Grandma Moses (271533) $15.00
97. Zionism. Yediot Iriat Tel Aviv No 1 and 2. Tel Aviv: Oct Nov 1932. Monthly newsleteer , few pages slight staining not affecting text 37 pp. + 31-56 plus mimeograph of 8 pp of statistics that details the workers their backgrounds, tables concerning the labor, the contractors names and number of workers and projects . Good +. Boards. (269817) $85.00