Dear Friends and Colleagues:
I appreciate your taking the time and commitment reviewing this list of recent acquisitions. Our goal has always been to fulfill and nourish the scholar and librarian’s quest for unusual and hard-to-find Judaica. This is a dance we do together. It also involves your choosing to waltz along with us.
In the clarion calls and turmoil of the world we inhabit often we can lose sight of the simple joy of being immersed even bathed in the wellspring of a book. Books can take us on far away journeys of insight and exploration and also close to our own interior homes. We so need to take good care and nourish ourselves.
May we with vision carry on the quest, and again depart from the wilderness into a land of promise and fulfillment.
May the days ahead be peaceful and filled with good health, companionship and the joy of discovery and renewal.
Ken aka Yekutiel
1. Abramson, Glenda. The Writing of Yehuda Amichai: A Thematic Approach. SUNY, 1989. 254 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
(SUNY series in Modern Jewish Literature and Culture) (282709) $23.00
2. Abramson, Henry. A Prayer for the Government: Ukrainians and Jews in Revolutionary Times, 1917-1920 (Harvard Series in Ukrainian Studies). Harvard University Press, 1999. 254 pp.slight library marks and tape on spine. Very Good. Paperback. (283968) $18.00
3. American Jewish Conference on Soviet Jewry. August 12 1952. American Jewish Conference on Soviet Jewry., 1959. 24 pp. slight library marks with pocket mimeographed some creased pages tears. in protective folder. Good. Library Binding.
OCLC Number: 21547889 (284320) $23.00
4. Aminoah, Nehemiah; Histadrut ha-Poʻel ha-Mizraḥi be-Erets-Yiśraʼel. הפועל המזרחי בשנות 709־702 : סיכומי פעולה לועידה העשירית, ירושלים 12־7 מרחשון 710/ha-Poʻel ha-mizrahi bi-shenot 702-709 : sikume peʻulah la-veʻidah ha-ʻasirit, Yerushalayim, 7-12 mar heshvan 710. Histadrut ha-Poʻel ha-Mizraḥi be-Erets-Yiśraʼel., 1949/50. 192 pp. In Hebrew, ex library with pocket and markings. Good. Library Binding.
OCLC Number: 319729310 (284995) $48.00
5. The Anti-Jewish campaign in present-day Poland : facts, documents, press reports. Institute of Jewish Affairs,, 1968. 78 pp.ex library with pocket some creased pages. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 1004851217 (283928) $25.00
6. Ascoli, G. Iscrizioni greche, latine, ebraiche di antichi sepolcri giudaici del napolitano, edite e illustrate. Torino: Loescher, 1880. 120 pp. +plates In Italian, ex library with markings. Good +. Library Binding.
OCLC Number: 959359585 (284468) $68.00
7. Assis, Yom Tov. Jewish economy in the medieval crown of Aragon, 1213-1327 : money and power. Brill, 1997. 261 pp.ex library with bookplate and tape on spine. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
This is a seminal study of the economic history of the Jewish community of Aragon, covering a period of about 125 years from the beginning of the thirteenth century until 1327. OCLC Number: 469801844 (283958) $53.00
8. Avi-Shaʼul, Mordekhai. מסבה של סופרי א”י /Mesibah shel sofre ʹErets Yisraʹel. Lishkat ha-sefer shel ʹAgudat ha-Sifrut ha-ʻIvrit, 1926. 128 columns (columns 113-128, advertisements) in Hebrew, has library pocket, pages worn stained mottled may be water stains, creased,book has seen much use after the years . Fair. Library Binding.
OCLC Number: 21647674 (284996) $40.00
9. Bakanov, B. Zionist falsehoods. Moskva: Novosti Press Agency Publishing House, 1974. 76p., wrapss, minor burn mark in margins of a few pages Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (285443) $25.00
10. Barnett, R D. Catalogue of the permanent and loan collections of the Jewish Museum ;London. Jewish Museum Harvey Miller, 1974. 414 pp. slight library marks slight tape on spine, folio heavy tome . Good +. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 473619241 (284189) $65.00
11. Barzilay, Yitzhak. Manasseh of Ilyah Precurser of Modernity Among the Jews of Europe. Magnes, 1999. 225 pp. ex library with bookplate and pocket. Good. Paperback. (284123) $28.00
12. Bass, H. Dertsiungs-entsiḳlopedie. 1, Aleph – bet 2 2, Gimel – dalet. CYCO, 1957. 528 + 512 pp. In Yiddish, ex library with bookplate and pocket. Good +. Hardcover .
OCLC Numbers: 823234381 + 823234385 (284195) $56.00
13. Beit-Arié, Malachi. The Makings of The Medieval Hebrew Book – Studies in Palaeography and Codicology. Magnes Press, 1993. 283 pp. Scarce title, In English, ex library with pocket and bookplate tape number on spine. Very Good. Hardcover . (284056) $58.00
14. Beit-Arié, Malachi; Sirat, Colette . Manuscrits medievaux en caracteres hebraiques, portants des indications de date jusqu’a 1540. Tome III Notices. In Hebrew. Hebrew University, 1986. about 150 pp. library marks with bookplate and pocket. Very Good. Boards. (284057) $125.00
15. Ben-Jacob, Abraham. יהודי בבל : מסוף תקופת הגאונים עד ימינו, ד״א תשצ”ח־ה”א תש”ך (1038־1960) = History of the Jews in Iraq : from the end of the Gaonic period (1038 C.E.) to the present time. Mekhon Ben-Tsevi , 1965. 471 pp. ex library with pocket, In Hebrew, taped number to spine.
OCLC Number: 12490530has (284043) $45.00
16. Ber, of Bolechow. Ber Bolekhovers zikhroynes. Berlin: Klal, 1922. 147 pp.ex library with pocket slight tape on spine paper yellowing . Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 1124488462 (284140) $38.00
17. Bergner, Yosl; Kahane, Penuel (introduction). Yosl Bergner : drawings to Franz Kafka. Jerusalem: Tarshish, 1959. 91 pp edges bumped and slightly torn, spine repaired. inscription on fep by William Braude , whimsical drawings, Tarshish was founded by Moritz Spitzer master graphic artist. Good. Hardcover .
Artist born in Warsaw, emigrated to Australia (1937) and then Israel in 1948 .Tarshish Press under the mastery of Moshe Spitzer OCLC Number: 81300551 (285720) $136.00
18. Berkowitz, Michael (editor). Nationalism, Zionism and ethnic mobilization of the Jews in 1900 and beyond. Brill, 2004. 321 pp. bookplate and slight library marks . Very Good-. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 905443226 (283995) $72.00
19. Berliner, Abraham. שריד מעיר : כולל מאמרים שונים הנוגעים בקורות היהודים בעיר ; (ר״ל בעיר רומא כאשר היא נקראת אצל חז״ל) /. Krakau: Fischer, 1893. 23 pp. slight library marks taped spine with title in white on spine. Good. Boards.
Ḳabets ʻal yad, mi-kitse nirdamim, shanah 9 , OCLC Number: 57583945 in 1873, when Israel Hildesheimer opened the rabbinical seminary in Berlin, Berliner was elected professor of Jewish history and literature. In this position, as well as in that of author, he displayed an untiring activity. His edition of Rashi’s commentary to the Pentateuch (1866) first made him known as a scholar;(Wikipedia) (284074) $43.00
20. The Bess and Paul Sigel Hebrew Academy of Greater Hartford Yearbook 2007 / 5767. Hartford: Hebrew Academy, 2007. 125 pp. Filled with pictures of all students at Hebrew day school by grade and their activities . Very Good. Paperback. (285325) $36.00
21. Bigman, Stanley. The Jewish population of greater Washington in 1956 : report on an interview survey of size, social characteristics, residential mobility, community participation, and observance of some traditional Jewish practices. Jewish Community Council of Greater Washington, 1957. 173 pp. water stains to covers, ex library with bookplate and pocket, slight tape on spine. Good-. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 55208791has (284193) $36.00
22. Black, Eugene. The Social Politics of Anglo-Jewry, 1880-1920. Blackwell, 1989. 428 pp. dj creases corner of cover bumped . Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (285173) $18.00
23. Blakeslee, Spencer (inscribed by). The death of American Antisemitism. Prager, 2000. 277 pp. slight library marks and tape on spine. Good +. Hardcover .
Contends that although anti-Jewish incidents do occur in the USA, anti-Jewish beliefs have almost disappeared from the American cultural scene in the last 50 years. The fact that Jewish advocacy organizations (JAOs) are still preoccupied with antisemitism signifies a continuing need for the real or imaginary presence of antisemitism for Jewish group survival.(worldcat entry) OCLC Number: 41185175 (283938) $48.00
24. Bostom, Andrew (editor). The Legacy of Islamic Antisemitism: From Sacred Texts to Solemn History. Prometheus, 2008. 765 pp.slight library marks and slight tape on spine. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (284228) $18.00
25. Brecher, Frank. Reluctant ally : United States foreign policy toward the Jews from Wilson to Roosevelt. 168 pp. ex library with bookplate and pocket. Good. Hardcover . (283934) $48.00
26. Butler, Samuel. An Atlas of Ancient Geography. cary and Lea, 1832. 21 double maps maps are in good shape marbled boards very word and scuffed torn quarter leather spine. Good. Boards. (284925) $54.00
27. (Cooking) Mandelsohn, Gadi. Ugot Yom Huledet. Adam Motzaim LeOr, 1983. 140 pp. In Hebrew stange book various cakes and concoctions based on characters and stories . Good +. Hardcover . (285156) $20.00
28. (Cooking) Eisenberg, Mrs. Gilbert. Treasures from Our Kitchens. cleveland heights ohio: Beth Am Sisterhood/Morris Press, 1987. spiral_bound. [viii], 284, p., wraps with plastic comb binding, 5×8.5 inches, wraps lightly worn. Very Good. Spiral Bound. (285122) $32.00
29. (Cooking). Beth El Cooks from Generation to Generation: A Treasury of Best Loved Recipes from Beth El Families. Minneapolis: Beth El Women’s League,, 1984. Spiral_bound. xv, 439p., wraps with plastic comb binding.
Good. plastic comb binding. OCLC Number: 122271049 (285118) $32.00
30. (Cooking). Council Cooks. Omaha Nebraska: Omaha Section National Council of Jewish Women, 1973. three ring binder 224 pp.cokbook . Very Good-. three ring binder. (285161) $32.00
31. (Cooking). Sharing Our Best: Choice Recipes and Cooking Skills. Canton Ohio: Canton Chapter of Hadassah, 1981. spiral_bound. vii, 202p., wraps with plastic comb binding, 5.5×8.5 inches, rear wrap stained else very good later printing. Originally published in 1980 to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Canton Chapter of Hadassah. Good. spiral bound. (285151) $32.00
32. (Cooking). Silver Avenue Specials: Traditional and Modern Jewish Recipes. Olathe, Kansas: Cookbook Publishers, 1989. Spiral_bound. 78p., wraps with plastic comb binding, 5.75×9 inches, illus., very good condition. Recipes contributed by the participants and staff of the Fannie L. Morris Day Center at the Jewish Home of the Aged in San Francisco. Good. Spiral Bound. (285152) $32.00
33. (Cooking). Still fiddling in the kitchen. Greater Detroit : National Council of Jewish Women, 1992. 255 pp.wonderful cook book. Good. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 28181432 (285159) $28.00
34. Cowley, A E. A Concise Catalogue of the Hebrew Printed Books in the Bodleian Library. Clarendon Press, 1929. 816 pp. hinges starting wear to spine scuffing to crown of spine, pasted name removed from pastedown. Good. Hardcover . (285171) $173.00
35. Da Costa, Isaac; Brewster, Bertam; and Roth, Cecil. Noble families among the Sephardic Jews; with Some account of the Capadose family (including their conversion to Christianity), by Bertram Brewster, and An excursus on their Jewish history, by Cecil Roth. Oxford University Press, 1936. 219 pp. dj very torn, small folio, 1 folding family tree, 44 full-page plates. Blue buckram boards with gilt lettering on the spine. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
OCLC Number: 1169857397 (285176) $325.00
36. Dias, J J Vaz. Hut ha-Shani/חוט השני : תולדות משפחה 1492-1945. Tene, 1991. 196 pp.. ex library with pocket and bookplate. Very Good-. Hardcover .
History of the author’s family – Vaz Dias – in Portugal and in the Netherlands. Some of his ancestors lived as Conversos in Covilha, Portugal until the end of the 18th century, when they settled in Amsterdam and The Hague OCLC Number: 233060838 (284046) $48.00
37. The Dilemma: Modern Conundrums Talmudic Debates Your Solutions – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2011. 227 pp. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback. (283899) $25.00
38. Espíndola, Roberto; Kacowicz, Arie Marcelo. Latin America on the international stage. Hebrew University, 1996. 49 pp. slight library marks. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 47138362 (284199) $25.00
39. Federman, Raymond. To whom it may concern : a novel. fiction collective two, 1990. First Edition. A renewed contact after 50 years of two French Jewish children who escaped the roundup during the Shoah.
first a series of mysterious letters. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (285431) $25.00
40. Federation of Jewish Men s Clubs. Intermarriage Concepts And Strategies for Families and Synagogue Leaders. Federation of Jewish Men s Clubs., 2012. 108 pp. slight library marks. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 817966175has (284233) $18.00
41. Fischel, Walter. Jews and Judaism at the court of the Moghul emperors in medieval India. AAJR, 1949. offprint 138-177 pp. ex library with bookplate and pocket . Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 173014291 (284216) $23.00
42. Frenk, Azriel . Yehude Polin bi-yeme milhamot Napolyon : (le-toldot ha-yehudim be-Polin) In Hebrew. Warsaw: 1912. 55 pp. In Hebrew, pages yellowing but not brittle ex library with pocket and bookplate taped spine with number and lettering on spine. Good-. Boards. (284152) $65.00
43. Gajano, Sofia. Aspetti e problemi della presenza ebraica nell’Italia centro-settentrionale : (secoli XIV e XV). Roma: [Universita di Roma],, 1983. 382 pp. In Italian, exlibrary with markings bookplate and pocket. Good +. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 11673156 (284105) $32.00
44. Glaser, Joseph (editor). Tanu Rabbanan : Our Rabbis Taught : Essays on the Occasion of the Centennial of the Central Conference of American Rabbis, 1989 Yearbook, Volume II. CCAR, 1990. 155 pp. six essays . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
OCLC Number: 506936130 (285150) $15.00
45. Golb, Norman (editor). Judaeo-Arabic studies : proceedings of the Founding Conference of the Society for Judaeo-Arabic Studies. hardwood, 1997. 256 pp. Good +. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 632677108 (283931) $68.00
46. Goldberg, Jacob (editor). Jewish Privileges in the Polish Commonwealth Volume III (3) In Polish. Israel Acadmey, 2001. 167 pp. ex library with bookplate and pocket In Polish . Good +. Hardcover . (284114) $18.00
47. Greenbaum, Abraham. Minority problems in Eastern Europe between the world wars : with emphasis on the Jewish minority. Institute for advanced studies, 1988. 163 pp. ex library with markings bookplate. Good +. Large Paperback.
OCLC Number: 463451124 (283973) $23.00
48. Grunbaum, Izaak. Milhamot Yehude Polin (1905-1912). Warsaw: “‘Ahi’asaf”, 1922. 163 pp. In Hebrew, ex library with bookplate,slight tape on spine first few pages fragile rest are yellow. Good-. Boards.
OCLC Number: 835975377 (284155) $45.00
49. [Hagadah ve-seder shel Pesaḥ] Form of Service for the Two First Nights of Passover with an English Translation. NY: L H Frank, 1866. 60 pp. new hinges, new spine, marbled boards worn and losing marbling. Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 16145728 (283652) $100.00
50. Halperin, Israel. Takanot medinat Mehrin (410-505)/ תקנות מדינת מהרין .. Constitutiones congressus Generalis Judaeorum Moraviensium (1650-1748). Hevrat mekitse nirdamim,, 1951. 302 pp. ex library with markings spine repaired.
OCLC Number: 234320474 (285445) $43.00
51. Heaven on Earth A Virtual Tour of our Holy Temple – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2008. 73 pp.student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback. (283905) $24.00
52. Herz Stephen (inscribed by). Whatever You Carry Poems of the Holocaust. Barnwood Press, 2003. 83 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 53401313has (285140) $20.00
53. Horowitz, Elliot (editor). The Mediterranean and the Jews Vol. 2: Society, culture and economy in early modern times. Bar Ilan, 2002. 266 pp. ex library bookplate and slight tape on spine. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (284109) $38.00
54. How Happiness Thinks – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2011. 230 pp.contains student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 985748983 (283897) $20.00
55. How Success Thinks Jewish Secrets for Leading a Productive Life – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2016. 205. pp. student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback. (283907) $24.00
56. Huberman, Steven. Jewish Los Angeles : synagogue affiliation planning report. Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles, 1984. 51 pp.library marks pocket covers creased. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 12299773 (284198) $20.00
57. Ida, Etty Hilevitz Batsheva Goldman. Ze’ev Raban. A Hebrew Symbolist. זאב רבן : סימבוליסט עברי / Zeʼev Raban : simbolist ʻivri. Tel Aviv Museum of art, 2001. 283 pp.In Hebrew beautifully produced and illustrated. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (284515) $43.00
58. Israeli, Yael Avida Uri. Oil Lamps from Eretz Israel: The Louis and Carmen Warschaw Collection In Hebrew; Nerot heres me Erets Yisrael: Osef Luis ve Karmen Varshau. Senitel, 1961. 206 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate and pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 21917796 (284456) $10.00
59. Jacobson, Rabbi Simon. A spiritual guide to the counting of the omer : forty-nine steps to personal refinement according to the Jewish tradition. Vaad Hanachos Hatmimim, 1998. 49 pp. has some penl annotations rather unusual. Good +. Spiral Bound.
OCLC Number: 84241925 (285165) $36.00
60. Judaism Decoded: The Origins and Evolution of Jewish Tradition – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2009. 223 pp. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 985872726 (283904) $24.00
61. Kodesh, Shlomo (inscribed by). שלמה קודש מספר סיפורים מבית אבא / Shlomo Kodesh tells the stories of his father’s home. self, 1995. 327 pp.ex library with bookplate and slight tape on spine long inscription. Very Good-. Paperback.
Dr. Shlomo Kodesh, one of Israel’s foremost language educators, was generally regarded as the prime architect or “grandfather” of the Ulpan movement, In his youth, Shlomo Kodesh engaged in Zionist activities on behalf of the Jewish National Fund and Brith Ivrith Olamit. He traveled widely and visited most of the Jewish communities in Lithuania for the promotion of Zionism. OCLC Number: 1235567807 (284126) $45.00
62. Kohler, Max. Jewish Rights at the Congresses of Vienna (1814-1815) and Aix-la-Chaplle (1818). American Jewish Committee, 1918. 209 pp. e xlibrary with bookplate. Good +. Hardcover . (283935) $13.00
63. Kol Chevra: 17th Yahrzeit of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach; Reb Shlomo’s Stories. Carlebach LegacyTrust, 2011. 238 pp.coffee type stains on bottom and corners not affecting text. Good +. Paperback. (285149) $36.00
64. Korey, William. Russian antisemitism, Pamyat, and the demonology of Zionism. Sassoon Centre/Harwood, 1995. 243 pp. ex library with pocket. Good +. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 33982746 (283930) $48.00
65. Lehmann, Emil. Emil Lehmann Gesammelte Schriften: Kreis seine Freunde. Berlin: Hermann, 1899. Important Jewish leader in Dresden, active in Jewish and community affairs, author wrote against the Anti Semitic polemics and Stocker, 408 pp. slight library marks, hinge repaired, includes picture of him.
OCLC Number: 1170017813 (1909 edition) (285440) $65.00
66. Krinsky, Carol Herselle. Synagogues of Europe Architecture * History * Meaning. NY: MIT Press, 1985. 457pp. Large 8vo.sfep dj slight tears. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Monumental work. Basic for study of European synagogues. (278870) $15.00
67. Levin, Salmond. A century of Anglo-Jewish life, 1870-1970 : lectures to commemorate the centenary of the United Synagogue London. London: United Synagogue, 1970. 130 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (285506) $16.00
68. Levinson, Eyal. And you shall love your friend as yourself : same-sex kidushin v-nisu’in Same-sex kidushin v-nisu’in. ALEPH, 2004. 60 pp. with an afterword from Rav Zalman Schachter Shalomi . Very Good. Spiral Bound.
OCLC Number: 122962376 (285148) $48.00
69. Lipner, Elias. Two Portuguese Exiles in Castile. Magnes, 1997. 173 pp. slight library marks slight tape on spine. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
OCLC Number: 38056461 Hispania Judaica, 10. (284078) $48.00
70. Lowe, Rabbi Daniel (head of school). Building our Future. Hartford: Hebrew High School of New England, 2011. 130 pp. filled with images of the graduating students, different activities, and various ads from the community. Lots of dedications on fep. Very Good. Hardcover . (285326) $40.00
71. Magazanik Manasseh. Sefer ha-Yehudim be-Rusya : korot ha-ʻitim li-vene Yehudah be-Rusya mi-shenat 5640-668. Bi-defus ha-Tsefirah, 1909. 139 pp. In Hebrew, ex library with bookplate hinges started In Hebrew. Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 41262340 (284119) $45.00
72. Magazanik Menasseh. Sefer Ha-yehudim be Russya/ ספר היהודים ברוסיא. In Hebrew. 1913. 138 pp.In Hebrew paper yellowing library marks and bookplate slight white tape on taped spine. Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 48378775 (284215) $45.00
73. Mann, Vivian (editor). From Court Jews to the Rothschilds: 1600-1800 Art Patronage Power. NY: Prestel, 1996. 290 pp. Large 8vo. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Beautiful book. (284293) $15.00
74. Marx, Alexander (inscribed by). A Jewish cause celebre in sixteenth century Italy : the pesakim of 1519. Wien: 1932. pp. 150-193 ex library with pocket, inscribed to Prof. S Landauer . Good. Library Binding.
Abhandlungen zur Erinnerung an Hirsch Perez Chajes. OCLC Number: 806432270 (283940) $32.00
75. Mercer, Jackson; and Jackson, Rachel. Wise Friends. Hiddur Mitzvah Press, 2021. 15 pp. beautiful words and drawings about gemillut chassadim in English and Hebrew. Very Good. Paperback. (285146) $18.00
76. Metzger, Deena. A Sabbath among the ruins. Berkeley: Parallax, 1982. 174 pp. poems on human frailty. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 26530276 (285142) $16.00
77. Michigan Historical Records Survey Project. Inventory of the Church and Synagogue Archives of Michigan Jewish Bodies. Detroit: Michigan Historical Records Survey, 1940. 64 pp. slight library marks pocket t and slight tape on spine , WPA project. Good. Paperback nimeographed .
OCLC Number: 3764866has (284188) $58.00
78. Miriam, Rifka. Kutonti Ha-Tzehuba (My Yellow Gown). Ekked, 1966. 52 pp. poems in Hebrew with illustrations, Israeli poet and writer. Very Good. Hardcover . (285158) $36.00
79. Nahon, Umberto (editor). Scritti in memoria di Sally Mayer (1875-1953) : saggi sull’Ebraismo Italiano. Jerusalem: Fondazione Sally Mayer, 1956. 361 + 231 pages In Italian and Hebrew.ex library with marking and bookplate slight tape to spine. Good +. Hardcover .
Mayer was active in Jewish and Zionist affairs. After World War ii, he became president of the Milan Jewish community, the second largest in Italy. OCLC Number: 1169898738 (284160) $43.00
80. Naiditch, Hannah (inscribed by). Memoirs of a Hitler Refugee; Activism and Issues Define My Life. Xlibris, 2008. 306p., Signed and inscribed by the author. Good +. Paperback.
“Wonderful opinion pieces.” Noam Chomsky OCLC Number: 290448791 (285444) $26.00
81. Na’or, Bezal’el. Kabbalah and the Holocaust. Orot, 2001. 135 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 845659915 (285084) $75.00
82. Nettler, Ronald (editor). Studies in Muslim-Jewish relations Volume 1. harwood, 1993. 205 pp. ex library with bookplate and pocket. Good +. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 48442237 (283932) $34.00
83. Norwich. Tercentenary of the re-settlement of the Jews in Great Britain : exhibition. Norwich Castle Museum.; Norwich Hebrew Congregation , 1956. 30 pp. mimeographed. Very Good. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 31428464 (285178) $53.00
84. Oren, Mordecai. Reshimot asir Prag; The story of a Political Prisoner in Prague. Israel: Sifriat Poalim, 1958. 356 pp,. in Hebrew, ex library with bookplate and pocket, taped number on spine , back cover some water staining affecting top of last few pages of book. Good. Hardcover .
Mordechai Oren, was a prominent Israeli leftist who was jailed in Czechoslovakia in the 1950’s on trumped-up charges of espionage, Mr. Oren, a leader of the Mapam Party, a Soviet-oriented but Zionist group, was arrested while on a trip to Czechoslovakia on Dec. 31, 1951. The following year he was called as a witness by the prosecution at the trial of Rudolf Slansky, the Communist Party secretary general who was later hanged for ”high treason, espionage and economic sabotage,” and 13 other prominent Czech Communists, many of them Jewish. In 1953 Mr. Oren, who was himself accused of espionage, was sentenced to 15 years in prison. He was released in May 1956 during Prague’s de-Stalinization period and returned to his kibbutz in Israel, saying on his return that he had been forced ”to confess to what never happened.” In the 1960’s the Prague Government formally exonerated him.(NY Times) OCLC Number: 13239042 (284346) $30.00
85. Orzach, Shalom. Celebrating Israel in Our Lives. United Synagogue, 1998. 79 pp. Connecting young people with Israel. Slight library mark. Very Good. Paperback. (285018) $15.00
86. Piechotka, Maria and Kazimierz. Wooden Synagogues. Warsaw: Arkady, 1959. 220 pp.dj worn and torn, introduction by Steven Kayser. Good . Hardback & DJ.
Published by the Institute of Polish Architectecture of the Polytechnic of Warsaw. Drawings, sketches, photos of destroyed synagogues. Essential reference work of synagogues destroyed by the Nazis in Poland (285162) $130.00
87. Polonsky, Pinchas. Religious Zionism of Rav Kook. Machanaim Orot Yerushalayim, 2013. 93 pp. translated from the Russian. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 713725004 (284329) $15.00
88. Porcher, Jean. La Bibliotheque Henri de Rothschild: manuscrits, dessins, livres precieux. Paris: 1949. 11 pp. + 16 planches library marked with slight tape on spine. Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 901586967 (284221) $15.00
89. Raffalovitch, Rev I . Anglo-Hebrew modern dictionary. Shapiro Vlalentine, 1920s. 898 pp. and also Complete Hebrew English Dictionary by P. Arnold Kellner 466 pp. covers worn, new spine and new titles on spine. Good +. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 822576138 (285335) $78.00
90. Raskin, Richard. Life is like a glass of tea : studies of classic Jewish jokes. Quid Pro Books, 2015. 279 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 922354286has (285164) $28.00
91. Ravid, Benjamin. Economics and Tolerance in seventeenth century Venice : the background and context of the Discorso of Simone Luzzatto. American Academy for Jewish Research,, 1978. slight library mark to tp and fore edge pocket and slght tape on spine. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 654795016 (284153) $28.00
92. Refugee facts; a study of the German refugee in America. American Friends Service Committee,, 1939. 24p., staplebound pamphlet, old price in crayon on cover, interior clean. On refugees from the Nazis, including Jews; tries to assuage American fears of job losses or other problems from accepting them.
Good +. Pamphlet . (285441) $32.00
93. Reubeni, Aaron. Demokratiyah ve totalitariyut In Hebrew. Mass, 1940. 160 pp. In Hebrew ex library with bookplate and pocket tears to spine spine is taped . fair. Boards. (284359) $38.00
94. Rituel des Prieres Journalieres Semaine Sabbat & Fetes. Paris: M Samuel/Durlacher, 1925. 640 pp. new endpapers and hinges and new spine, slight library marks, Daily Praery Book . Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 40336817 (285336) $65.00
95. Rosenfeld, Alvin. Anti-Zionism in Great Britain and beyond : “respectable” anti-semitism? American Jewish Committee, 2004. 48 pp. ex library with bookplate. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 236103720 (283927) $22.00
96. Rosenstein, Neil. אבני זכרון. [Avne zikaron] = Stones of remembrance = Avnei Zikaron. The Computer Center for Jewish Genealogy, , 1999. 217 pages : illustrations, maps, genealogical tables ; 29 cm + 1 CD-ROM, ex library with pocket. Very Good. leather esyle.
“Based on the manuscript Avnei zikaron by Samuel Zvi Weltsman of Kalisz.”who travelled through Poland and Lithuania prior to WW1 and recordedepitaphs of 921 prominent Jewish persons buried in 51 communities OCLC Number: 43951843 (284018) $85.00
97. Rossi, Giovanni Bernardo de. Translation of Dizionario storico degli autori ebrei e delle loro opere/Dictionary of Hebrew Authors. Mellen, 1999. 188 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket. Good. Hardcover . (284462) $25.00
98. Rubin, Rivkai. Provokatorin/ פרובוקטורים. Mitspeh, 1933. 198 pp. In Hebrew, ex library with markings and tape on spine. Good. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 19163040 (284347) $30.00
99. Samuels, Claudia . The numismatic legacy of the Jews as depicted by distinguished American collection. Numismatic Review, 2000. 211 pp.+ 11 plates , slight library marks and bookplate and slight taped spine. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
OCLC Number: 923492850has (284187) $38.00
100. Schumann, Peter. Life and death of Charlotte Salomon. self, 2018. about 30 pages writing on free end paper pictorial painted graphic novel of her life and murder, her extraordinary art work was gathered in the book Life or Theater? Very Good-. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 1076422984 (285166) $30.00
101. Seidman, Irving. Born a Jew Becoming a Jew. self, 2021. 107 pp. memoir of growing up Jewish and later in life taking on his Jewish identity,author of the Jews Community of amherst history and a retired Prof from UMass. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (285160) $25.00
102. Shaked, Shaul (editor). Irano-Judaica II: studies relating to Jewish contacts with Persian culture throughout the ages. Ben Zvi, 1990. 254 pp. ex library with pocket and bookplate slight tape on spine, covers and top corners heavily bumped, reading copy. Good-. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 802602201 (284172) $30.00
103. Shaked, Shaul (editor). Irano-Judaica III: studies relating to Jewish contacts with Persian culture throughout the ages. Ben Zvi, 1981. 181 pp. ex library with pocket and bookplate slight tape on spine . Very Good-. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 474321188 (284171) $58.00
104. Shaked, Shaul (editor). Irano-Judaica I: studies relating to Jewish contacts with Persian culture throughout the ages. Ben Zvi, 1982. 322 + 134 In English and Hebrew pp. ex library with pocket and bookplate slight tape on spine, creases to cover. Good-. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 802602201 (284175) $48.00
105. Shubow, Leo. The Jews and Gentiles in Germany during the fifteenth century : a treatment of their social relations. Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, 1932. MA theses manuscript 122 pp, library markings,.bookplate and pocket , slight tape on spine. Good. Library Binding.
OCLC Number: 959338628 (284194) $75.00
106. Shulvass, Moses. Roma vi Yerushalayim : toldot ha yahas/ רומא וירושלים : : תולדות היחס של יהודי איטליה לארץ ישראל . Jerusalem: Rav Kook Mossad, 1944. 205 pp. in Hebrew library marks and bookplate paper yellowing slight tape on spine. Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 874900999has (284162) $23.00
107. Silber, Dr. Mendel (introduction). Prospectus of the library of Ephraim Deinard at New Orleans, La., also a list of Jewish antiquities depicting the “History of religion”. Moinester, 1926. 40 pp. In Hebrew, with illustrations ex library with taped spine, spine worn covers worn. Good-. Hardcover . (284460) $28.00
108. Soul Quest: The Journey Through Life Death and Beyond – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2009. 133 pp.contains student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 856543263 (283903) $24.00
109. Spiegel, Alexander (inscribed by). A Life in Storm. Jerusalem: Newman, 1963. 290 pages, inscribed. Good condition. Hardback & DJ.
autobiography -growing up in Czarist Russia, rescuing Yiddish writers , working for Jewish causes in Germany and eventually coming to the USA, (284506) $45.00
110. Survival of a Nation: Exploring Israel through the Lens of the Six Day War Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2017. 281 pp.contains student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 1117641256 (283900) $24.00
111. Terzin Memorial Book. Terezinska Pametni Kniha: zidovske Obeti Nacistickych Deportaci Z Cech a Moravy 1941-1945 Volume 1 and 2. Terezinska iniciativa Melantrich, 1995. 1559 pp. in two volumes very heavy tomes In Czech Memorial Book to those murdered by the Nazis and depported from Bohemia and Moravia 1941-1945 and also The Terezin Memoiral Book Buide to the Cacech Original in English published in 1996 128 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (285104) $375.00
112. Theresienstadter Gedenkbuch : die Opfer der Judentransporte aus Deutschland nach Theresienstadt 1942-1945. Berlin: Institut Theresienstädter Initiative im Verlag Academia , 2000. 895 pp. In German heavy tome lists those who were murdered and the transports. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
OCLC Number: 44403970 (285106) $185.00
113. Tivoni, Shelomoh. נשים כמעין : (ספורן של סעדה וחביבה מגורי־ג׳יספאן) /. ha-Kibuts ha-meʼuhad, 1981. 151 pp. ex library with pocket. Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 27938027 (284072) $36.00
114. Torah Studies Season One Student Manual. Rohr Jewish Learning, 5776 2016. 220 pp. studies of Bereshith The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback. (283908) $25.00
115. Tuznman, Anni. The Tremble of Love A Novel of the Baal Shem Tov. Dancing Letter Press, 2016. 532 pp. advance review copy. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 958385921 (285147) $15.00
116. Ṿaʻad Kehilot Luv be-Yisra’el. יהדות לוב : מאמרים ורשימות על חיי היהודים בלוב.Yahadut Luv. Ṿaʻad Kehilot Luv be-Yisra’el, 1962. 428 pp.,In Hebrew, slight library marks tape on spine. Good. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 77751389 (284101) $48.00
117. Weiser, Raphael (editor). Treasures from the Library Ets Haim/ Livraria Montezinos; of the Portuguese Israelietisch Seminarium Ets Haim Amsterdam. Jerusalem: Jewish Narional and University Library, 1980. Exhibition cataloge 119 pages with esays in Hebrew and English, Good. Wrapper.
Jewish life in the Netherlands (285179) $23.00
118. Weiss, J G. Papers of the Institute of Jewish Studies London Volume 1. Magnes, 1964. 210 pp.covers bit worn ;includes Urbach Laws Regarding Slavery as a source of social history Werblowski Faith Hope and Trust: A Study of the concept of Bittahon. Very Good-. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 228438484 (285174) $40.00
119. Wensinck, A J. Handworterbuch des Islam Im Auftrag der Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen. Brill, 1941. 829 pp. library marks and slight tape on spine tear to cover, cover worn, heavy tome. Good. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 462827727 (284060) $45.00
120. What is? Rethinking Everything We Know about Our Universe Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2018. 256 pp.contains student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 1107619372 (283901) $24.00
121. Wilson, Colonel Charles. Picturesque Palestine, Sinai and Egypt Two Volumes. Appleton, 1881-1883. First American edition.,2 volumes x, 240, vi, -, 42 engraved plates, light wear at spine ends and corners,top corners bumped two heavy tomes needing additional shipping charges , slight library stamps and tape to spine, rebound in heavy library binding. Good. Library Binding cloth. (284871) $250.00
122. With All My Heart: The Jewish Art of Prayer and Spiritual Experience – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2019. 248 pp.contains student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 1107619372 (283902) $18.00
123. Woocher, Jonathan. If you build it, will they come? : accessibility, affordability, and participation in Jewish communal life. Center for Policy Options, University of Judaism, , 2000. 30 pp. slight library marks. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (284319) $23.00
124. Wrestling with Faith – Student Textbook. The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, 2018. 73 pp. student notes in pen on some pages The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is the adilt education arm of the Chabad Lubavitch movement. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 1111579774 (283906) $24.00
125. (Yemen) Tobi, Yosef. כתבי היד התימניים במכון בן־צבי. Yemenite Jewish Manuscripts in the Ben Zvi Institute. Ben Zvi, 1982. 404 pp.ex library with bookplate and pocket. Good +. Hardcover . (284096) $135.00
126. Zalkin M. מגנזי וילנה : תעודות הסטוריות לתולדות יהודי ליטא /From the Hidden Trasures of Jewish Vilna. Ben Gurion, 2001. 43 pp. In Hebrew, ex library with pocket and bookplate. Very Good-. Paperback. (284179) $18.00
127. Zeiger Gene (inscribed by). Radio Waves. White Pine, 2005. 99 pp. Jewish infused poet z”l” Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 62202205has (285143) $12.00
128. Zeldes, Nadia. “The former Jews of this kingdom” : Sicilian converts after the expulsion, 1492-1516. Brill, 2003. 360 pp. slight library marks. Very Good-. Hardcover .
OCLC Number: 907009875 (284025) $97.00
129. מבקר עד ערב : ספר יובל לר׳ מרדכי בן הלל הכהן במלאת חמישים שנה לעבודתו הספרותית, תרל״ד־תרפ״ד. Mi-boker ʿad ʿerev : sefer yovel le-R. Mordekhai ben Hilel ha-Kohen bi-melot hamishim shanah la-ʿavodato ha-sifrutit, 634-684. 1924/25. 89 pages, 4 plates in Hebrew pocket and slight library marks Sefer yovel le-R. Mordekhai ben Hilel Hakohen important Hebrew writer and Zionist A delegate to the first Zionist Congress (1897), he was the first to deliver a speech in Hebrew. In 1907 he settled in Palestine. Hacohen, who was one of the founders of Tel Aviv, played an active part in the economic and cultural life of the yishuv.(encyclopedia.com) Good. Library Binding.
OCLC Number: 1062334055 (284994) $63.00