Dear Friends and Colleagues:
For the previous Judaica catalog we quoted from Carlos Zafon’s Shadow of the Wind. To continue that tradition here is a quote from a mystery set in a Brooklyn bookshop.
That’s why I call this place the Haunted Bookshop. Haunted by the ghosts of the books I haven’t read. Poor uneasy spirits, they walk and walk around me.The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley
Some years ago we described our bookshop in the firehouse as follows:
In the spirit of The Haunted Bookshop, perusing the stacks here you might bump into Franz Kafka reading an insurance text, Theodor Herzl reading a work on Palestine in the 19th century, Sigmund Freud pondering a piece by Stekel, Abraham Heschel reading a tome on mysticism and Bruno Schulz chatting under the sign of the crocodiles.
Wandering the aisles is an intellectual journey that stretches into 19th century Vienna and Berlin and ends up in the modern world. It is the kind of place to linger and delight in the journeys of others and commence your own pilgrimage. It is a respite from the maddening pace and pressures of modern life, a place of solace and also community.
May your journey in this new Judaica catalog offer you both solace and delight in a time of much upheaval and confusion. And perhaps a volume will appear that appeals to your curiosity ….
It is now two years since Hanna Jane’s death and I want in her memory to share something she wrote:
When our daily life is touched by beauty, we are affected profoundly. Good design of ordinary tools and materials is a true blessing. When these items are also beautiful our spirit soars.
In Jewish custom, we perform a mitzvah when we raise the common to the level of princes. This act is called hiddur mitzvah. So we embroider challah covers, we sculpt menorahs we weave colorful prayer shawls, and we bind a siddur…our hands direct our hearts toward the Creator.
May her memory be for a blessing.
1. Abeles, Siegfried. Tams Reise durch die judische Marchenwelt. Funfundzwanzig Kindermarchen nach judisch-volkstumlichen Motiven von Siegfried Abeles. Brandeis, 1922. 100 pp. pages very yellowed but not yet brittle reading copy. Fair. Boards. (277835) $45.00
2. Ritta, Alima. Between Frame and Window Alimah : ben misgeret le-halon. Tel Aviv Museum, 2009. 230 pp. about 170 pp. in Hebrew with many many color illustrations of her work. Very Good. Paperback.
Alima Ritta an important Israeli artist, her work and essays about the work, exhibition catalog (277943) $65.00
3. Amir, Eli and Lane, David. Training of Residential Child and Youth Care Staff. Neurim, 1991. 152 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
Youth Aliyah (277905) $6.00
4. (Anti-Semitism) Cellier, Abbe J. Pour ou contre les Juifs, par l’abbe J. Cellier. Saint Amand: Catholique St Joseph, 1896. 350 p. spine and covers taped The relationship of Christianity towards the Chosen People, how to approach the Jewish people. Good. Paperback. (277817) $45.00
5. (Anti-Semitism) Gold, Helmut (hrsg). Abgestempelt. Judenfeindliche Postkarten. Auf der Grundlage der Sammlung Wolfgang Haney; (Stamped Anti-Jewish Postcards). Umschau, 1999. 380 pp. Essays and many illustrations, includes Nazi propaganda also. Good. Hardcover .
Eine Publikation der Museumsstiftung Post und Telekommunikation und des Jüdischen Museums Frankfurt am Main (277898) $30.00
6. (Anti-Semitism) Heekelingen, Herman de Vries de. L’Orgueil Juif. Paris: Revue internationale des societes secrètes,, 1938. 120 pp. Jewish conspiracy to conquer the world :Concludes with this passage: “Le danger vient donc de tous les cotes,les Juifs en faisant les moutons, ont su interesser a leur cause kes milieux le plus divers. Il est inutile de combattre leur orgueil cause de tout, Ce que vingt siecle n’ont pu obtenir,notre epoque ne l’obtiendra pas non plus.Devant cet orgueil invetere,il n.ya a qu’um moyen de defense: lui donner un derivatif. Permettre aux Juifs,et au besoin les forcer,de former un Etat pareil aux autres,c’est a dire liquider la diaspora..” Good. Paperback.
He was a regular contributor to Ernest Jouin’s anti-semitic and anti-masonic Revue internationale des societés seceètes [International Review of Secret Societies]. De Vries traveled in Switzerland, France, and Germany giving lectures on the “jüdischen Bedrohung” [Jewish threat] He was a Professor of Paleography (with specialization in archaeology, prehistory, and ancient history) ~Wikipedia (277810) $52.00
7. (Anti-Semitism) Ketels, Robert H (inscribed by). Revision…des Idees et Souvenirs 1914-1951. Le Racisme Paneuropeen, 1953. 222 pp. Chapter on the European Race, the Jews, Socialism Marxism etc. Anti Semitic tract. Very Good. Paperback.
Ketels published Le Culte de la Race Blanche in 1935 and Revision…des Idees et Souvenirs 1914-1951 in 1953. An observer of colonial rule in the Congo,Ketels was a virulent critic of race mixing and his role as a fore-runner in the “social racist” movement is acknowledged in Amaudruz : Nos autres racisted (From Uwe Backes The Exteme Right in Europe page 244) (277814) $75.00
8. (Anti-Semitism) Tharaud, Jerome. Quand Israel N’est Pas Roi. Paris: Plon, 1933. Subtle anti-semitic work 12mo 244 pp. paer yellowing but not brittle covers soiled and torn. Fair. wrapper. (277815) $15.00
9. (Anti-Semitism). Lectures fancaises: La Republique des Rothschild; M. Pompidou, Petite histoire d’une dynaste, L’Empire Rothschild. Paris: Revue , April/May 1962. 124 pp.Lectures francaises, v. 6, nos. 61-62, Good. Paperback. (277808) $32.00
10. Aricha, Joseph. Day and Night: A Novel Yom VeLeilah. Alef, 1963. 86 pp. dj torn In Hebrew illustrated by Amos Aricha who wrote thrillers and science fiction. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
OCLC Number: 66909474 (278080) $65.00
11. Avrech, Mira. The Private World of Public People. Olamam ha-katan shel gedole olam. edanim, 1990. 293 pp. In Hebrew slight library stamp. Very Good. Hardcover
Israeli journalist (277886) $15.00
12. Azmon, Yael (editor). אשנב לחייהן של נשים בחברות יהודיות : קובץ מחקרים בין–תחומי / A View into the Lives of Women in Jewish Societies: Collected Essays. Shazar Centre, 1995. twenty essays 394 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover . (277885) $25.00
13. Backal de Gojman, Alicia. Camisas, escudos y desfiles militares : los Dorados y el antisemitismo en Mexico, 1934-1940. Escuela Nacional de Estudios Profesionales Acatlan, 2000. 566 pp. In Spanish. Very Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 47685856 (278834) $32.00
14. Bergman, H. Shahar Sefer Limud La Mathelim Helek Rishon. warsaw: Achiasaf, 1922. 100-144 pp. ex library with markings charming illustrations,paper yellowing but not brittle. Good. Hardcover . (278203) $26.00
15. Bernstein Ellen. The Promise of the Land. Behrman House , 2020. 86 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
“This haggadah explores themes of nature and the land within the Passover seder, to help participants develop an ecological understanding of and connection with Jewish tradition. It includes core Passover texts, with sidebars and additional features that uncover the connections between the seder and the land”
OCLC Number: 1096492365 (278404) $16.00
16. Brod, Max (essay by) Lask, I. (text by). Haggadah Shel Pesach Service for the First Nights of Passover; 17 illustrations in colour by A Allweil. Tel Aviv: Sinai, nd. 64 pp. writing on tp and free end papers, with a few owner stamps on pages also,.leatherette covers wih Bezalel copper image of Jerusalem on covers,crwon of spine torn and tears to leatherette spine, illustrations are tipped in. Good +. leatherette.
revised English translation by Joseph Loewy (278083) $100.00
17. Dauber, Antonio. Antonio’s Devils: Writers of the Jewish Enlightenment and the Birth of Modern Hebrew and Yiddish Literature. Stanford, 2004. 354 pp. dj creased . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277897) $26.00
18. Delegacion de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas. (P). Informativo DAIA. Buenos Aires : Delegacion de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas, Jan 1973- Dec 1974. about 18 issues ; each issue about 15-20 pp., slight library mark on cover . filled with articles about Jewish life in Argentina and Anti Semitism et.al. Issues are very scarce . Good +. Wrapper.
DAIA (Delegación de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas) is the umbrella organization of Argentina’s Jewish community. As such, it represents the community in official events and conducts its contacts with authorities. DAIA is the Argentine affiliate of the Latin American Jewish Congress and World Jewish Congress (WJC), the world-wide umbrella organization of Jewish communities.DAIA has been strongly involved in fighting antisemitism in Argentina, and claiming for justice in the 1994 AMIA bombing (278003) $75.00
19. Delegacion de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas. Informativo DAIA. Buenos Aires : Delegacion de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas, mar 1965-Dec 1972. about 35 issues ; each issue about 5-20 pp., slight library mark on cover . filled with articles Issues are very scarce . Good +. Wrapper.
DAIA (Delegación de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas) is the umbrella organization of Argentina’s Jewish community. As such, it represents the community in official events and conducts its contacts with authorities. DAIA is the Argentine affiliate of the Latin American Jewish Congress and World Jewish Congress (WJC), the world-wide umbrella organization of Jewish communities.DAIA has been strongly involved in fighting antisemitism in Argentina, and claiming for justice in the 1994 AMIA bombing (278004) $85.00
20. Fishman, Isidore. The History of Jewish Education in Central Europe; from the end of the sixteenth to the end of the eighteenth century. Goldston, 1944. 176 page inscribed by author. Good. Hardcover . (277973) $8.00
21. Forest, Louis. La naturalisation des Juifs algeriens et l’insurrection de 1871 : étude historique. Soc. française d’impr. et de libraire,, 1897. 55 pp.covers slightly soiled , back cover lacks small piece. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (277819) $65.00
22. France, Anatole. Thais. Warsaw: Stiebel, 1922. 172 pp.crown of spine bumped tranlsted from French into Hebrew by David Frischmann. Good. Hardcover .
David ben Saul Frischmann was a Hebrew and Yiddish modernist writer, poet, and translator. He edited several important Hebrew periodicals, and wrote fiction, poetry, essays, feuilletons, literary criticisms, and translations.(Wikipedia) (277872) $36.00
23. Freund, Jacob. Hanna: Gebet und Andachtsbuch fur isr Frauen und Madchen. Breslau: Jacobsohn, 1898. 12mo 283 pp.,new spine, decorated cover pen inscription on fep and names of two women who died on back end paper. Very good condition. Cloth. (277833) $36.00
24. Ganzfried, Rabbiner Schelomo . Kizzur Schulchan Aruch. Frankfurt-am-Main: Hofmann, 1925-1936. volume 2 385-768, volume 3 769-1134 pp. lacks volume 1 paper yellowing, spine worn. Good. Hardcover .
In deutsch ubertragen fon Selig Bamberger in Hamburg (277895) $65.00
25. Godfrey, Antony. Three Rabbis in a Vicarage: The Story of Belsize Square Synagogue. Larsen Grove, 2005. 360 pp. history of the shul;The Salzberger Years The Kokotek Years and the Mariner Years. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Belsize Square Synagogue is a synagogue and Jewish community in Belsize Park, Hampstead, in the London Borough of Camden. It is independen utilizing the tradition of German Liberal Judaism. (277794) $15.00
26. Goldin, Hyman. First Hebrew Reader New and Improved Method. Bloch, 1912. 66 pp. library pocket. Good. Boards. (278100) $25.00
27. Goldin, Hyman. Third Grade in Hebrew. Sinai, 1917. 95 pp.boards worn. Good. Boards. (278099) $24.00
28. Gordon, Isaachar. Sefer MeHakrei Eretz Chomat VeDaAt HaGeografia Helek Rishon. Vilna: Shumuel Fun, 1865. 162 pp. library marked some staining pages in good shape,taped spine with title . Good. Hardcover . (278199) $30.00
29. Hagani, Baruch. Le sionisme politique et son fondateur Théodore Herzl (1860-1904). Paris: Payot, 1917. 250 pp. tear at base of spine. Good. Paperback. (277809) $42.00
30. Haggadah Shel Pesach. Givat Chayim, 1952. about 25 pp. charming illustrations typed mimeographed by kibbutz members, stapled tears along spine, paper yellowing but not brittle. Good. Stiff Wrapper mimeo.
Like Ein Harod, the kibbutz split in 1952 in the wake of ideological differences between supporters of the two main socialist parties, Mapai and Mapam. This created two new and separate kibbutzim ~ (Wikipedia) (277876) $85.00
31. Haggadah Shel Pesach. Kiryat Gat, 2000. 32 pp. glossy paper filled with color illustrations. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (277877) $32.00
32. Halperin, Yeheal (songs by) Engel, Yoel (music by). Bekern Zavit Shir Meshahek LeGanei Yeladim Ule Batei Sefer Helek Shenei. Tel Aviv: Hagginnah, 1927. 40 pp. ex library and in library binder, filled with text and music. Good. Library Binding. (278095) $45.00
33. Harris, Hyman (inscribed by). Toldot ha-neginah veha-hazanut be-Yisra’el :Hebrew Liturgical Music: A Survey of Traditional Hebrew Music: Biblical Cantillation and the Music of the Cantors. Hotsaat Bitsaron, 1950. 486 pp.In Hebrew hinge started. Good-. Hardcover .
kolel A. mekorot ha-neginah ha-Ivrit ha-mesoratit yesodotiyah shel neginah ha-tefilah ha-atikah veha-tiftehotah. B. mekorot ha-te’amim u-neginotehem mi-Roshitan ed ha-Shitah Le-Keriyat Ha-Toarah Al-pi Toi Ha-Zimrah. G. ma’amarim u-mehkarim D. te’ur ishiyutam ve-hesegehem shel ha-hazanim yotsre zimrat bet-ha-keneset/ (277874) $30.00
34. Hok le Yisrael Sefer BaMidbar Ḥoḳ le-Yiśraʼel : … Livorno: Eleizer Menachem Otolenagi, 1843. 174 double pages, spine taped and lacks piece at bottom covers worn former owner stamp on back endpaper. Good. Boards.
OCLC number for v. 2. Shemot–v.3. Ṿa-yiḳra. (278194) $55.00
35. Horowitz P. צחוק מהול בדמעות : חדודי יהודי רוסיה ופולין /Tsehok mahul bi-demaʿot : hidude Yehude Rusyah u-Polin. Jerusalem: 1931. 155 pp.wear slight stains to cover. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Jokes of the Jews of Russia and Poland.OCLC Number: 1085191851 (278282) $75.00
36. Jacob Ibn Habib . Eyn Yisrael Helech Shanee. Livorno: Tovianna Press, 1835. 244 double pages, new covers and title on cover hinges repaired. Fair. Boards. (278283) $50.00
37. James-Chakraborty, Kathleen. In the Spirit of Our Age: Eric Mendelsohn’s B’nai Amoona Synagogue. Missouri Historical, 2000. 83 pp. filled with illustrations of this important work by refugee architect from BauHaus movement. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277845) $15.00
38. Jones Sian, Kushner Tony (editors). Cultures of Ambivalence and Contempt; Studies in Jewish and Non Jewish Relations. Vallentine Mitchell, 1998. 322 pages twelve essays . Very Good. Cloth.
Essays in Honour of the Centenary of the Birth of James Parkes (277896) $18.00
39. The Kaufmann Haggadah Facsimile Edition MS 422 of the Kaufmann Collection in the Oriental Library of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. Hungarian Academy, 1957. 90 pages lacks Scheiber’s descriptive brochure, corners bumped. Very Good. Boards. (278476) $65.00
40. Lemann, Augustin. Le sceptre de la tribu de Juda entre les mains de Jésus-Christ ou Le messie venu. Vitte et Perrussel,, 1880. Second Edition. 185 pp.back cover creased slightly, The prophecy of Jacob as revealing the coming of Jesus as Messiah. Good. Paperback. (277816) $50.00
41. Lestschinsky, Jacob. ha-Demut ha-leʼumit shel Yahadut ha-golah / הדמות הלאומית של יהודות הגולה /; National aspect of the Jews in Diaspora. Perets, 1959. 410 pp. In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover . (277869) $25.00
42. Letteris M. Chicre Lew, Betrachtungen; Ein Sendschreiben uber das hohere Studium der heiligen Schrift… Pressburg: Schmid, 1837. 21 pp. library marked, in Hebrew. Good. Cloth. (278015) $35.00
43. Levin Shlomo. The Human Rights Haggadah. na, 2019. 95 pp. with contemporary references quite inspired work. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
illustration and design by Tiferet Sigala. OCLC Number: 1089562184 (278405) $25.00
44. Margalioth, Mordecai (inscribed by). ha-hilukim she-ben anshe Mizrah u-vene Erets Yisraʼel. Jerusalem: Mas, 1937. 183 pp. ex library with markings spine has title in white lettering OCLC Number: 427219828
Morgalioth was a scholar of Midrashic and Geonic literature. Margaliot was born in Warsaw and immigrated to Palestine as a child. He taught Rabbinical literature at the Hebrew University 1950–57, and from 1958 Midrashic and Geonic literature at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York.In 1938 he published a scholarly edition of Ha-Hillukim she-Bein Anshei Mizraḥ u-Venei Erez Yisrael (“Differences in Religious Customs Between Babylonian and Palestinian Jewries”), a small compilation, which in his view was written in Palestine about the year 700 c.e.(Encyclopeida.com) (278288) $100.00
45. Morris, Nathan. הנער : a Hebrew textbook for the higher grades of the elementary school Part 1. Omanuth, 1939. 84 pp. ex library with markings. Good. Boards. (278202) $25.00
46. (Music) Bugatch, Samuel. Songs of Our People A Collection of Hebrew and Yiddish Songs. Farband, 1950s?. 250 pp. tears to bottoms of song pages not affecting text, rebound title Metro Music stamped on fep and title page. Good. Hardcover . (277868) $26.00
47. (Music) Coopersmith, Harry. Favorite Songs of the Jewish People, Selected and Arranged with Piano Accompaniment. New York: Transcontinental Music Corporation, 1939. 71 pp. lacks pages 66-70, hinge starting. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (277859) $24.00
48. (Music) Friedman, Samuel. Sheerai Mikdosh Music for the Sanctuary. melodic music to be rendered by the People, for the People using the First Revised edition of the Union Prayer Book or any other Ritual. Part One For Sabbath and Festivals Part Two For New Year and Day of Atonement. Bloch, 1945. 1-72 pp.+73-133 pp. two volumes. Good +. Hardcover .
Former Rabbi of North West London Synagogue Temple Israel Amsterdam NY And Temple Ohev Sholom Reform Harrisburg Pa. (277851) $40.00
49. (Music) Glanz, Leib; Eliezer Steinman. זהרים : קובץ לזכר לייב גלאנץ /Zeharim : ḳovets le-zekher Leyb Glants; Zeharim in Memory of Leib Glantz. Mekhon Tel-Aviv le-musiḳah datit Yehudit, 1985. 320 pp dj very torn. in Hebrew, filled with memories , photos, some music. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277850) $54.00
50. (Music) Idelsohn, A.Z.; Cohon, Baruch Joseph (musical editor). Jewish Song Book for Synagogue, School and Home. Cincinnati: Publications for Judaism , 1951. third edition. 548 pp.In transliterated Hebrew . Good +. cloth. (277873) $10.00
51. (Music) Wohlberg, Max. Shirei Zimroth. Bloch, 1947. 43 pp. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (277863) $28.00
52. Olivenstein, M. (warsaw). Sepher Ov “Memory of Father”. London: Olivestone, 5676. 29 pp in Hebrew, title page torn. Good. Cloth. (278014) $25.00
53. Patch, William. Christian Trade Unions in the Weimar Republic 1918-1933. New Haven: Yale, 1985. 8vo 259 pp. As new. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278629) $5.00
54. Raban, Zeev illustrator (signed by). The Song of Songs. Berlin: SD Saltzman/Hasefer, 1923. Brown boards with silver and gilt doves circling with Hebrew letters in the middle, blue and silver pictoral endpapers, 26 tipped in color plates with glassing protective sheets, cover boards evidence of past water staining and slight cracking, some repair to spine and repair of endpapers, slight piece of back endpaper lacking. Good +. Boards.
Signed by Z. Raban in English and Hebrew on half title, Jerusalem 30/X 1925 (278106) $425.00
55. Reiss, Lionel. My Models Were Jews –A Painter’s Pilgrimmage to Many Lands; A Selection Of One Hundred And Seventy-Eight Paintings, Water-Colors, Drawings And Etchings. NY: Gordon Press, 1938. quarto 147 pp. -Part One: Is There a Jewish Type? Introduction by Prof. Franz Boas. -Part Two: Life in the Ghettos. Introduction by Dr. Cecil Roth. -Part Three: A Voyage to Palestine. Introduction by Dr. John Haynes. Very Good. Hardcover .
1200 copies were printed (278857) $65.00
56. Rohold, Rev. S. (Pastor, Christian Synagogue Toronto). The War and the Jew; A Bird’s Eye View of the World’s Situation and the Jew’s Place in it. MacMillan, 1915. 98 pp. Deplores treatment of the Jews country by country, discusses Zionism and Palestine., written by a former Jew who became missionary Christian. Good. Hardcover .
President Hebrew Christian Alliance of America (278066) $17.00
57. Rosenwald, Lessing and Berger, Elmer. News from the American Council for Judaism Highlights of the Yiddish and Hebrew Press A weekly Digest. ACJ , January 5 1951-. Vol II no. 19-48 vol iii no 1-17 about 150 mimeographed pages of news, press releases poisiton papers and speeches bound together covering many areas especially opposition to the the state of Israel. Good. Library Binding.
Tenets of ACJ Nationality and relgion are distinct, reject concept that Jews outside of Israel are in exile,, nationalism of the state of Israel should reside within that state, no Jew or group of Jews can represent or speak for the Jews of America (277913) $50.00
58. Rosenzweig, Franz Glatzer, Nahum ( intro) inscribed by Glatzer. On Jewish Learning. NY: Schocken, 1955. 128 pp.dj torn inscribed in Hebrew by Glatzer. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Appendices by Martin Buber and Rosenzweig (277993) $24.00
59. Rubin, Israel. אור בקר. חלק ראשון : להוראת ראשית הקריאה והדבור./Or boker. Helek rishon : le-horaʼat reshit ha-keriʼah veha-dibur. New York: 1926. 47 pp. covers worn Hebrew primer with charming illustrations. Good. Hardcover . (278097) $45.00
60. Schaechter, Mordkhe. Laytish mame-loshn/ Latish mame lushn (Authentic Yiddish); Authentic Yiddish Observations and Recommendations. League for Yiddish, 1986. 382 pp. inscribed by author. Very Good. Hardcover . (277948) $48.00
61. Scharfstein, Zevi. ספר הקריאה : על פי השיטה הקולית, עם תרגילים מיוחדים להכרת האותיות, לתפישת המילים וללמוד הכתיבה//.Sefer ha-keriʼah : ʻal pi ha-shitah ha-ḳolit, ʻim targilim meyuhadim le-hakarat ha-otiyot, li-tefisat ha-milim veli-limud ha-ketivah. Shiloh, 1934. 96 pp. slight library marks. Exercises for young people. Good. Hardcover . (278101) $25.00
62. Scheiber, Alexander (editor). Semitic Studies in Memory of Immanuel Low. Budapest: Kohut Foundation, 1947. 361 pages new covers and spine (in Hungarian and German) + 195 pages (in Hebrew), , bookplate of Abraham Joshua Heschel. Good +. Paperback.
Articles in English, Hungarian, French, German and Hebrew. Scheiber was Professor at the Jewish Theological Seminary of Hungary. (277890) $58.00
63. Seltzer, David. Bilder Un Geshtaltn Fun Soroki/Scenes and Images of Soroki. Waldhaim, 1961. 284 pp. In Yiddish illustrated by William Gropper inscribed on fep by Seltzer and evidence of glue remnants on fep. Good. Hardcover . (270680) $36.00
64. Shulman D. המקדש והמים : שירים /ha-Miḳdash ṿeha-mayim : shirim. M. Nyuman, 1974. 64 pp.In Hebrew. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (277870) $16.00
65. Steinbaum Israel Y. Shṭaynboym. Leyenbikher far der Idisher shul dos tsṿeyṭe leyenbukh לייענביכער פאר דער אידישער שול /. NY: Ertsiung, , 1924. 78 pages In Yiddish. Good. Hardcover . (278087) $30.00
66. Studies in Jewish Bibliography (Freidus). Studies in Jewish Bibliography and Related Subjects in Memory of Abraham Solomon Freidus. NY: Kohut Memorial Fdn, 1929. In English and Hebrew. 12mo 519+98 pp new covers and spine, Hebrew section has wate stains and there are damp stains to first 85 pages of Hebrew section not affecting text , reading copy. Good-. Hardcover .
Freidus had been chief of the Jewish Division at the NYPL. (277836) $32.00
67. (Switzerland) Kommission zur Verbreitung Judischer Volksbildung in der Schweiz. Judisches Jahrbuch fur die Schweiz 5677 1916/1917. Luzern: Verlag des Judischen Jahrbuches, 1916. 220 pp. corner slight creases. Good. Wrapper. (277964) $22.00
68. Tebeau, Charlton. Synagogue in the Central City: Temple Israel of Greater Miami, 1922-1972. University of Miami Press, 1972. 172 pp. dj very torn slight foxing to fore edge. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277842) $16.00
69. Tharaud, Jerome et Jean . L’An Prochain A Jerusalem. Plon, 1924. 303 pp.Jewish life in the Diaspora and in Palestine. Good. Paperback. (277813) $15.00
70. Walicki, Jacek. (Lodz) Synagogues and Prayer Houses of Lodz. Lofz: Ibidem, 2000. 94 pp. + 94 pp. + XIV (In english and Polish) plus black and white photos and sketches. Very Good. Paperback. (277941) $36.00
71. Weinreich, Uriel. העברית האשכנזית והעברית שבײדיש : בחינתן הגיאגרפית /ha-ʻIvrit ha-Ashkenazit veha-ʻIvrit shebe-Yidish : beḥinatan ha-geʼografit. Jerusalem: Lesonenu, 1965. 60 pp. In Hebrew slight stain on cover, offprint. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (277867) $25.00
72. Widrich, Shulamit. Byalik Street Spin Spirit and Shape. Porat, 2004. 114 pp in Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover .
study of the street and its famous inhabitants. (277908) $15.00
73. Wise, Isaac M. Les Asmoneens Drame en Cinq Actes en Prose Tire du Roman The First of the Maccabees par M le docteur Bliden Traduction par I Epstein; החשמונאים דרמה בעלת חמש מערכות ; הוצאה מהרומן The first of the Maccabees / ha-Ḥashmonaʼim : dramah baʻalat ḥamesh maʻarakhot ; hotsaʼah meha-roman The first of the Maccabees. Jerusalem: Luncz, 1893. 109 pp. pen number written on fep, slight tears to both title pages, number on spine, simple green cloth, in Hebrew. A play in five acts. Good. Hardcover .
Publie pur L’Ecole de Filles de Saffed (277920) $950.00
74. Wise, Isaac M. Les Asmoneens Drame en Cinq Actes en Prose Tire du Roman The First of the Maccabees par M le docteur Bliden Traduction par I Epstein; החשמונאים דרמה בעלת חמש מערכות ; הוצאה מהרומן The first of the Maccabees / ha-Ḥashmonaʼim : dramah baʻalat ḥamesh maʻarakhot ; hotsaʼah meha-roman The first of the Maccabees. Jerusalem: Luncz, 1893. 109 pp. pen number written on fep, slight tears to both title pages, number on spine, simple green cloth, in Hebrew. A play in five acts. Good. Hardcover .
Publie pur L’Ecole de Filles de Saffed (277921) $1,250.00
75. Zack, Joel. The Historic Synagogues Of Turkey / Turkiye’nin Tarihi Sinagoglari. American Sephardi Federation / Gozlem Gazetecilik, 2008. 201 pp. Heartrending to see the shuls that are lingering but no longer used in what once was a thriving community. In English and Turkish, Images in color. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277843) $36.00