I hope and trust you are taking good care during this turbulent time and safely negotiating your paths in the midst of this pandemic, and that being surrounded by your library offers some solace and comfort that stretches through the centuries of challenging times.
I am very inspired by the introductory words of Carlos Ruiz Zafon in his work The Shadow of the Wind.
“This place is a mystery, a sanctuary. Every book, every volume you see here ,has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and those who read and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands ,every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens… In this place, books no longer remembered by anyone, books that are lost in time, live forever, waiting for the day when they will reach a new reader’s hands.”
I would like to imagine that this “genizah” is also a book sanctuary, awaiting the journeyer on their book pilgrimage.
1. Arendt, Hannah. Essays in Understanding uncollected and unpublished works. Harcourt, Brace, 1993. 458 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (280140) $25.00
2. Bentwich, Norman. Jewish Youth Comes Home: The Story of the Youth Aliyah: 1933-1943. London: Gollancz, 1944. 12mo 159 pp. number on spine and slight library mark on fep. good. Cloth.
OCLC Number: 1992905 (279802) $13.00
3. Benz, Wolfgang (hrsg). Judisches Leben in Der Weimarer Republik/Jews in the Weimar Republic. NMohr Siebeck, 1998. 288 pp. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
(Schriftenreihe Wissenschaftlicher Abhandlungen Des Leo Baeck Instituts, No 57) (280319) $25.00
4. Geber, Chana (sculptor) Greenwald, Alice (Preface by). O The Chimneys: A Holocaust Memorial. NMAJH, 1984. 10 pp. Pamplhet about sculpture that was exhibited at the National Musuem of American Jewish History. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 26983482 (279049) $15.00
5. Gek en wijs tijdens Seyss. Den Haag: Uitgave Kompas , 1945. 22 pp. color illustrations, rebound fragile ,torn cover pasted on new backing. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
A humorous deptiction of Dutch life under German occupation during World War II, written in verse and illustrated with color cartoons, contrasting collaboration with acts of resistance to occupation.OCLC Number:264927470 (278912) $125.00
6. Heiss, Friedrich. Bei Uns in Deutschland: Ein Bericht. Volk und Reich, 1938. about 100 pages ex library swith stamps cpver worn tears to spine Good. Hardcover . (279148) $25.00
7. Hoffman, Michael A. The Great Holocaust Trial. Institute For Historical Review, 1985. 95 pp. Concerns Ernst Zundel who was on trial for denying the Holocaust. Hoffman describes Zundel evolution as a “human rights” activist, and defends his position.IHR is a denial press. Very Good. Perfect-bound.
OCLC Number: 876903610 (279317) $40.00
8. Kaplan, Thomas. The Language of Nazi Genocide: Linguistic Violence and the Struggle of Germans of Jewish Ancestry. Cambridge, 2011. 304 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (280327) $30.00
9. Leivick, H. et al. Belzec. Israel: Shearit HaPleta, 1958. 191 pp. in Hebrew covers worn. Good. Hardcover .
Essays on Bergen-Belsen by survivors. (279294) $25.00
10. lka, Gedo and Gyorgy, Roman; Edited By Eva Hajdu. Aldozatok Es Gyilkosok/ Victims and Perpetrators. Budapest Cultural, 1986. 122 pp. filled with drawings. slight library marks Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the Budapest Jewish Museum, February 26 through May 30, 1995. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
Collection of sketches drawn by Ilka Gedo in the Budapest Ghetto during Nazi occupation and of sketches by Gyorgy Roman of defendants at war crimes trials held in Hungary after the war. Text is by several authors and is in English and Hungarian OCLC Number: 233977280 (279143) $36.00
11. Miles, Jonathan. The Dangerous Otto Katz: The Many Lives of a Soviet Spy. Bantam, 2010. 366 pp. dj creases. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
His activities range from the Spanish Civil War to Stalin’s secret meetings, from Trotsky’s murder to the hidden lives of major Western celebrities.as Rudolf Breas hw as the model for Victor Laszlo in Casablanca, Finally executed by the Czech Communists as part of the Slansky trial. (279999) $15.00
12. Olav, Hans (editor). He who laughs … lasts : anecdotes from Norway’s home front. Brooklyn: Norwegian News, 1942. 48 pp. new spine stains to cover and worn cover Extraordinary illustrations showing resistance to the Nazis. Good. Boards.
OCLC Number: 3458779 (279391) $23.00
13. Pachnicke, Peter (editor). John Heartfield; Akademie der Kunste zu Berlin. Koln: Dumont, 1991. 342 pp. In German. dj slight creases. Very Good in VG DJ. Hardback & DJ.
Important Exhibition catalog.Important artist who used his photomontages to wage war against the Nazis. Extraordinary work (279130) $58.00
14. Ppruszynski, Ksawery. Polish Invasion. London: Minerva, 1941. 112 pp. ex library with perforations marks on title page. Good. Hardcover .
On the experiences of the Polish troops in Scotland preparing to fight in the War (277925) $12.00
15. Puvogel, Ulrike, text. Gedenkstatten fur die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus: Eine Dokumentation. Bonn: Bundeszentrale fur polit., 1987. Band 245. 12mo 831 pages includes map small book pocket creased cover. Good +. Paperback. (278440) $10.00
16. Rabinowtiz Rina. ha-Yeled she-avad = The lost boy. United Synagogue, 1968. 81 pp. In Hebrew for young adults novel of the Shoah in France. Good +. Hardcover . (279405) $23.00
17. Ramati, Alexander. Barbed Wire and the Isle of Man The Wartime British Internment of Jews. NY: HBJ, 1980. 12mo 231 pp. Recollections of the author’s wife as a child fleeing Nazi Holland for refuge in England and interned. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278247) $17.00
18. Rapaport, Lynn. Jews in Germany after the Holocaust: Memory, identity and Jewish-German relations. NY: Cambridge UP, 1997. 8vo 320 pp. new. Paperback. (277939) $6.00
19. Reed, Douglas. Nemesis? The Story of Otto Strasser and the Black Front. Houghton Miflin, 1940. 350 pp dj torn. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
National Socialist who opposed Hitler and formed Anti-Nazi movement. (278042) $10.00
20. Reichshandbuch der deutschen Gesellschaft : Das Handbuch der Personlichkeiten in Wort und Bild. Berlin: Deutscher Wirtschaftsverlag, , 1930-31. two volumes 2124 pp. spines worn,last few pages volume twoare loose Short biographies of prominent Germans with photos Important reference work re future diplomats, businessmen, lawyers under the Nazis and determining their fates .Heavy tomes A who’s who of German elite. Good. Hardcover . (278782) $100.00
21. Reinemann, John Otto . Carried Away…Recollections and Reflections. self, 1976. 212 pp. slight crease to cover, Memories of growing up in Germany and youth movement and fleeing Nazi Germany for the USA. Very Good. Paperback. (278114) $15.00
22. Rentschler, Eric (editor). German Film and Literature: Adaptations and Transformations. NY: Methuen, 1986. 385 pp. mark on fore edge Includes material on Nazi film. Very Good. Paperback. (277972) $10.00
23. Rey, Sydor. Ksiega Rozbitkow. Crytelnik: 1959. Shipwrecked People. Inscribed 228 pp., OCLC Number: 844878263 Good. Paperback.
During the Interbellum he worked in the Jewish orphanage of Janusz Korczak in Warsaw. He dedicated his short story Anioł-Stróż (“Guardian Angel”; 1957), part of his book Księga rozbitków, to the memory of Janusz Korczak
Księga rozbitków (“The Book of the Shipwrecked”) is a collection of eighteen short stories that are, cumulatively, a psychological memoir of an author guilt-stricken for having passed the Holocaust in the physical safety of New York while being spiritually connected to the event as closely as or perhaps in some cases more closely than some of the victims, making the work something of a cross between a novel and a psychodrama cum a Gestalt therapy.(wikipedia) (278192) $165.00
24. Rogers, Gerhild. Das Romanwerk von Ingeborg Drewitz. Peter Lang, 1989. 246 pp. sfep. Good. Hardcover .
German writer. Her drama Alle Tore waren bewacht “All gates were guarded”, which premiered in 1955, was the first German play to address conditions in concentration camps. (277936) $12.00
25. Ros, Martin. Schakale des Dritten Reiches: Untergang der Kollaborateure 1944-1945. Neske, 1997. 360 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (278262) $15.00
26. Rose, Rabbi Maurice (editor). The Reconstruction of European Jewish Life and Conference of European Rabbis. (A selection of addresses and papers given at the Conference of European Rabbis in Basle, 1963, and in London, 1965.) [In English, French and Hebrew.]. London: Conference, 1967. 48 pp. slight library marks, in English French and Hebrew. Good +. Wrapper.
Reflecting on Jewish life in Europe and the decimation of the Shoah and rebuilding the communities in various countries. (266585) $25.00
27. Rosenberg, Alfred. Der Mythus des 20 Jahrhunderts. Hoheneichen, 1935. 712 pp. sfep and a number on fep and small library stamp. Good. Hardcover .
Nazi propaganda (279235) $23.00
28. Rosensaft, Menachem (edited by). Life Reborn: Jewish Displaced Persons 1945-1951; Conference Proceedings January 2000. USHMM, 2001. 162 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269626) $20.00
29. Rothschild, Lothar. Im Strom der Zeit. Jubiläumsschrift zum hundertjährigen Bestehen der Israelitischen Gemeinde St. Gallen 1863-1963. St Gallen: 1963. 168 pp.cover and first page creased four pages toward end heavily pencil and slight pen underlined. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Material on the Jews in Switzerland during the War and refugees. (277933) $18.00
30. Rubinstein, Robert. An Italian Renaissance: Choosing Life in Canada. Urim, 2010. 176 pp. Survivors of the Shoah inHungary and their new life in Canada. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277971) $10.00
31. Rubinstein, Nina. Die franzosische Emigration nach 1789: Ein Beitrag zur Soziologie der politischen Emigration. Graz: Nausner, 2000. 252 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
PhD dissertation begun in 1933 in Frankfurt under Mannheim. Rubinstein fled to USA where she became a UN translator (278411) $75.00
32. Ruppert, Wolfgang. Fotogeschichte der deutschen Sozialdemokratie. Berlin: Siedler, 1988. 420 pp. from the 1860s to the present (1988) powerful images of the reign of terror under the Nazis and the exile, about thirty pages of photographs and post War also,large book. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278250) $15.00
33. Russin, Suzanne Sturmthal. Democracy Under Fire –Memoirs of a European Socialist –Adolf Sturmthal. Durham: Duke, 1989. 8vo 207 pp. refugee labor leader, Austrian Social Democrat, material on Austria post WW1 and 1920s 1930s . Very good+. Hardback & DJ.
Refugee labor leader (264366) $8.00
34. Salmon, Irit (curator). A Day in the Warsaw Ghetto: A Birthday Trip in Hell. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem, 1988. about 34 pp. filled with photos, Exhibition catalog of travelling exhibit. Horrific photos with text in Hebrew and English . Very Good. wrapper. (278223) $12.00
35. Santucci, Luigi. Antifascisti Perche? Ricordi E Riflessioni di Tre Giovani Degli Anni Trenta. Pavia: Amm Provinciale di PAvia, 1983. 80 pp. Very Good-. Wrapper.
Memories And Reflections Of Three Young People Of The Thirties during the Fascist Reign in Italy (278129) $10.00
36. Scharf, Rafael. Poland, What Have I to Do with Thee. Essays Without Prejudice. Krakow: Fundacja Judiaca, 1999. Second Edition. 1-169 pp. English 170-334 pp. in Polish, Essays on the Shoah. Very Good. Hardcover . (278680) $40.00
37. Scharsach, Hans-Henning. Die Arzte der Nazis. Orac Ein Verlag der Donauland-Gruppe im Hause Bertelsmann, 2000. 256 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278263) $12.00
38. Schenck, Ernst. Patient Hitler: Eine medizinische Biographie. Droste, 1989. 588 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278272) $13.00
39. Schivelbusch, Wolfgang. Intellektuellendämmerung. Zur Lage der Frankfurter Intelligenz in den zwanziger Jahren. Die Universitat. Das Freie Judische Lehrhaus. Die Frankfurter Zeitung. Radio Frankfurt. Der Goethe-Preis u. Sigmund Freud. Das Institut f. Sozialforschung. Insel Verlag, 1982. 142 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (278279) $10.00
40. Schlotzhauer, Inge. Die Schule der Israelistischen Gemeinde in Frankfurt am Main: Das Philanthropin 1804-1942. Frankfurt: Waldemar Kramer, 1990. 132 pp. 12mo. very good. cloth. (277934) $15.00
41. Schmidt, Erich. Meine Jugend in Gross-Berlin: Triumph und Elend der Arbeiterbewegung 1918-1933. Bremen: Donat, 1988. 181 pp. Good. Cloth.
Autobiography of Socialist youth leader hunted by the Nazis. Ultimately rescued by Varian Fry and settled in the USA.and western mass. (278422) $18.00
42. Schneersohn I fondateur Weller Georges Redaction. Le Monde Juif. La Revue du Centre de Documentation Juive Contemporaine(Nouvelle serie). Paris: Centre de Documentation Juive Contemporaine Paris, Jan -Mars 1983-Oct-Dec 1986. Issues 109-124, about 800 pp.total some double issues, slight library mark on fep and cover of issues . Very Good. library binding.
Amazing resource of signifigant research on the Shoah, With many essays about the Shoah articles and about Jewish life in France , many not produced in book form Many signifigant articles (277914) $75.00
43. Schneider, Wolfgang (hrsg). Vernichtungspolitik Eine Debatte über den Zusammenhang von Sozialpolitik und Gebozid im nationalsozialistischen Deutschland. Junius Verlag, 1991. 198 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (278264) $10.00
44. Schreiber, Bernhard. The Men Behind Hitler (Geheime Reichssache. Die Männer hinter Hitler)A German Warning to the World. Printed by La Haye-Mureaux?, 1972. 160 pp. slight library mark and tape on spine. Good. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 2827197 (279240) $33.00
45. Schwarzschild, Leopold. Primer of the Coming World. NY: Knopf, 1944. Exile writer: see Sternfeld s. 458 12mo 309 pp. Author World in a Trance. good. cloth. (264527) $12.00
46. Seeber, Ursula (hrsg). Asyl wider Willen. Exil in Österreich 1933 – 1938. Picus, 2003. 128 pp. Articles, photos and biographies. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278306) $30.00
47. Sellenthin, H.G. Geschichte der Juden in Berlin and des Gebaudes Fasanenstrasse 79/80. Berlin: Judische Gemeinde, 1959. Festschrift der Einweihung des Jud Gemeindehauses 12mo. 130 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (278032) $10.00
48. Shephard, Ben. After Daybreak: The Liberation of Bergen-Belsen 1945. Schocken Books, 2005. 274 pp. Fine/As new. Hardback & DJ.
Why did 14000 of the 60 000 survivors die within the first weeks of liberation-was it inevitable? a study of catastrophes and medical response with reflections to current genocides (278295) $15.00
49. Shulman, William. Voices and Visions A collection of Primary Sources. Blackbirch, 1998. 80 pp. ex library with markings. Good. Hardcover . (276827) $8.00
50. Simon, Paul. Meine Erinnerungen : Das Leben des judischen Deutschen Paul Simon, Rechtsanwalt in Mainz. Mainzer Geschichtsblatter, 2003. 120 pp.Extensive material on his experiences prior to the Nazis and under the Nazis and emigration to England. Good. Hardcover . (266481) $25.00
51. Sinclair, W. A. The Voice of the Nazi; Being Eight Broadcast Talks given between December 1939 and May 1940. Collins, 1940. 64 pp. Spine worn. Good +. Paperback.
“Mr Sinclair’s broadcast talks have helped many millions of men and women to understand Nazi propaganda and thus protect themselves against the depressing effects which it is designed to produce…” (278069) $12.00
52. Speer, Wilhelmine. Heimatliche Kochrezepte. Mit allerlei Drum und Dran aus der Familie. Heidelberg: Brausdruck, 1940. 266 pp. covers worn and faded , slight tear to edge of spine Cookbook published during Nazi reign. Good +. Boards.
Mother of Nazi architect Albert Speer. not in worldcat (279321) $75.00
53. Spizman, L., Editor. Women in the Ghettos Froyen in di getos Zamlbukh. Pioneer Women’s Organization,, 1946. 182 pp. In Yiddish spine worn. Good. Hardcover . (278132) $20.00
54. Stebbing, David. Jewish Memories of the Twentieth Century: By Members of the North-Western Reform Synagogue (Alyth), London. Evelun Kent, 2003. 342 pp. Seventy two recollections including kindertransport children, Holocaust survivors and WW2 veterans. Very Good. Paperback. (277796) $22.00
55. Steen, Jurgen. Jugend im nationalsozialistischen Frankfurt. Ausstellungsdokumentation, Zeitzeugenerinnerungen, Publikum. Historisches Museum, 1987. 378 pp. front cover and front of book creased at bottom. Good-. Paperback. (278109) $10.00
56. Steinecke, Hartmut (hrsg). “Warum immer Vergangenheit? ” : Leben und Werk Jenny Alonis 1917-1993. Ardrey, 1999. 99 pp. Important German Israeli writer whose work often concerned the Shoah. Came to Palestine in 1939 and her whole family was murdered by the Nazis. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
OCLC Number: 492326029 (280321) $28.00
57. Stettner, Walter. Witness to a Changing World. University Editions, 1999. 466 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
“A retired Foreign Service officer who sought refuge in this country from Hitler’s Austria, the author’s early life in Trieste and Vienna unfolded under the gathering storms clouds of the Great Depression and the rise of Fascism and Nazism.” (from the blurb) (278029) $10.00
58. Strachey, Mrs. St. Loe. Borrowed Children: A popular account of some evacuation problems and their remedies. NY: Commonwealth Fund, 1940. 150 pp. ex library with markings and pocket . Good +. cloth.
On work with refugee children during the War. (277930) $5.00
59. Strom, Margot Stern (preface). Elements of Time Holocaust Testimonies. Facing History, 1989. 403 pp. includes testimonies and commentary about use of videos. Very Good. Paperback. (278527) $14.00
60. Szekely, Erika. In Spite of It All (Dacara). self, 1988. 152 pp. In English,memoir based on journal of Hungarian Jewish woman hiding from the Nazis . Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (278091) $25.00
61. Tausenfreund, Doris. Erzwungener Verrat : judische “Greifer” im Dienste der Gestapo : 1943-1945. Metropol, 2006. 312 pp.corners creased. Good +. Paperback.
OCLC Number: 237112404 (279781) $56.00
62. Tenenbaum, Shea. A Lock of Hair from Maidaneck: Short Stories. CYCO, 1982. 417 pp., long inscription from author on fep, fictional stories, In Yiddish. Very Good. Hardcover .
Yiddish writer and poet. Contributed to *Di yidishe prese* (Antwerp), *Literarishe bleter*, *Varshaver shriftn* (Warsaw), *Der tog*, *Jewish Daily Forward*, *Morgn zhurnal*, *Yidisher kemfer*, *Freie Arbeiter Stimme*. Born in Bobrzyniec, district of Lublin. Resided for a while in Belgium. Immigrated to the U.S. in 1934. (From YIVO) (254677) $35.00
63. Terracini E conte de Martin Robert (Images by). La Journee de Danielle. Algiers: Charlot, 1941. new covers with old image pasted on cover 24 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Charlot was an important booksller and publihser,discoverd and first publisher of Camus, involved in resistance. Charlot’s archive was destroyed twice during the War.. this work not found in worldcat (279279) $175.00
64. The Dearborn Independent. Jewish Activities in the United States: Volume II of The International Jew. Dearborn: Dearborn Publishing, 1921. 12mo 255 pp. tears to title page, Good-. Wrapper.
A second selection of articles from the Dearborn Independent notorious selections from the Protocols (278145) $15.00
65. The Dearborn Independent. Jewish Activities in the United States: Volume III of The International Jew. Dearborn: Dearborn Publishing, November1921. 256 pp.library marks an pocket in back. Good-. Wrapper.
A thirdselection of articles from the Dearborn Independent notorious selections from the Protocols (278436) $15.00
66. The Dearborn Independent. Jewish Activities in the United States: Volume III of The International Jew. Dearborn: Dearborn Publishing, November1921. 256 pp.library marks and pocket in back. Good-. Wrapper.
A third selection of articles from the Dearborn Independent notorious selections from the Protocols (278437) $15.00
67. The Dearborn Independent. Jewish Activities in the United States: Volume IV of The International Jew. Dearborn: Dearborn Publishing, November1921. 256 pp tear to cover and .library marks and pocket in back. Good-. Wrapper.
A fourth selection of articles from the Dearborn Independent notorious selections from the Protocols (278438) $15.00
68. Thorne, Leon. Out of the Ashes. Bloch, 1976. Third Edition. 204 pp. dj slight creases Holocaust memoir of survivor of Janover, Lembrg Ghetto, awas in Drohobycz and Sambor Ghetto, mainatined his religious identity.After War ws member of the Central Committee of Jews from Poland in Lublin, was from 1946-48 rabbi of the survivors in Frankfurt and in 1948 emigrated to USA. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278122) $36.00
69. Tolkaczew, Zinowij. Kwiaty Oswiecimia: The Flowers of Oswiecim. Poland: Panstwowa, 1946. 33 unnumbered plates. 8vo.wear slight discoloration to endpapers In protective dj. One image facing dedication page signed by the artist. This edition is 33/1000. OCLC Number: 23876287 Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Thirty reproductions of the drawings of Auschwitz,children and their families who perished. Text and captions in Polish, Russian, English, French and German… Zinowij Tolkaczew (Zinovii Tolkatchev; 1903-1977) was a Soviet-Jewish graphic artist and painter. As a volunteer in the Red Army he participated in the liberation of the concentration camps Majdanek and Auschwitz.This work is a result of his listening to the “other planet’ experiences of and being with the liberated prisoners of the camps.(information taken from Bulmash Holocaust Collectiondescription Kenyon College) (278716) $375.00
70. Tucker, William. The Fascist Ego: A Political Biography of Robert Brassilach. Berkeley: Univ. of Calif, 1975. 8vo 331 pp.dj torn. Good +. Hardcover .
French literary critic, novelist and journalist who embraced fascism in the 1930s. (278325) $27.00
71. Vail, Margaret. Yours is the earth. Lippincott, 1944. cloth vg dj good 285 pp. dj worn and torn. Memior of American woman and her child living in Nazi France and escaping to Vichy and North Africa. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (277904) $15.00
72. Wachsman, Z.H. Jews in Post War Europe The Governments in Exile and their Attitude towards the Jews. NY: Glanz, 1944. 111 pp. spine repaired, slight crease to dj, number on cover. Good +. Wrapper. (261675) $18.00
73. Wallace, Bert. Der Sturm zieht auf: Die Lebenserinnerungen eines deutschen Juden bis zu seiner Flucht 1939. Ahrimann, 1988. 127 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (278123) $10.00
74. Waln, Nora (inscribed by). Reaching For the Stars. cresset, 1939. 326 pp. fore edge slight stains Lived in Nazi Germany during 1934-1938 and detailed description and expose of what is happening and plight of the Jews. Good. Hardcover . (277986) $15.00
75. Web, Marek (compiler). The Documents of the Lodz Ghetto: An Inventory of the Nachman Zonabend Collection. NY: YIVO, 1988. 12mo 163 pp. Very Good +. Paperback. (277980) $10.00
76. Weinbaum, Laurence. A Marriage of Convenience; The New Zionist Organization and the Polish Government 1936-1939. East European Monographs, 1993. 294 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (277968) $15.00
77. Weinstock, Eugene. Beyond the Last Path. NY: Boni and Gaer, 1947. 281 pp wear to crown and base of spine dj worn and torn. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Memoir by Hungarian Jewish survivor of Buchenwald who became a carpenter in NY after the War (278528) $36.00
78. Weiss, Peter. Der Ermittlung Oratorium in 11 Gesangen. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1965. 210 pp. slight library marks. Good. Paperback.
Based on the German Auschwitz Trials of 1963. A play (278460) $5.00
79. Whitlock, Flint. Given Up For Dead; American GI’s in the Nazi Concentration Camp at Berga. Westview, 2003. 283 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278230) $10.00
80. Wiesenthal, Simon. Anti-Jewish agitation in Poland: (Prewar fascists and Nazi collaborators in unity of action with antisemites from the ranks of the Polish communist Party ) A documentary report. Bonn: Vogel, 1969. 42 pp. slight library mark nuner on cover. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (266366) $28.00
81. Wise, Stephen (foreword). Memorandum on Post War Relief and Rehabilitation of European Jewry submitted to the Council of the UNRRA. NY: World Jewish Congress, 1943. 12mo 32 pp. number on spine and slight library mark on pastedown. Good. wrapper. (260557) $40.00
82. Wise, Dr Stephen (signed copy). As I See It. NY: Jewish Opinion, 1944. 285 pp.dj torn, signed by Wise Close friend of Franklin Roosevelt. good, writing fep. Cloth.
Collection of essays: The Jewish Fate and Faith, Hitlerism and Beyond, Zion-Homeland and Hope by major American Jewish leader. (265654) $36.00
83. Wisniewski, Tomasz. Boznice Bialostocczyzny Heartland of the Jewish Life: Synagogues and Jewish Communities in Bialystok Region; Jewish Life in Eastern Europe before 1939. Bialystok: David, 1992. In Polish and a bit of English. Many photographs. 218 pp. new. cloth. (261777) $25.00
84. World Reaction to the UN Resolution on Zionism. Geneve: Centre D’Information et Documentation sur Le Moyen Orient, 1975. about 65 pp. includes articles and cartoons many using Nazi symbols to depict Israel. Cover torn. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (277982) $15.00
85. Zabarko, Boris (editor). Holocaust in the Ukraine. Valentine Mitchell, 2005. Octavo in dust jacket, xxxii, 394 pp., bibliographies . Very Good. Hardcover . (278323) $25.00
86. Zeman, Z.A.B. Nazi Propaganda. Oxford University Press, 1964. 226 pp. Contains several images. Very Good-. Paperback. (277958) $10.00
87. Zentrale fur private Fursorge. Frankfurter Ferienwanderungen. Frankfurt: Auffarth, 1911. 59 pages with photos Trips for young people with maps glorifying nature and youth with photos of the young travellers.Wandervogelm Later model used by Nazis with youth groups. Good. Wrapper. (278843) $15.00
88. Zimmermann, Moshe (editor). On Germans and Jews Under the Nazi Regime: Essays By Three Generations of Historians. A Festschrift in Honor of Otto Dov Kulka. Hebrew University, 2006. 435pp., 23 Essays by various scholars. Very Good. Hardcover .
Includes:”Two Jewish Historians in Extremis: Ernst Kantoriowicz and Marc Bloch in the Face of Nazism and Collaboration,” Saul Friedländer, “Locating Nazi Evil: The Contrasting Visions of Gerschom Scholem, Hannah Arendt and Victor Klemperer,” Steven E. Aschheim, “‘Rupture in Civilization.’ On the Genesis and Meaning of a Concept in Understanding,” Dan Diner, “Hitler’s Prophecy and the ‘Final Solution,'” Ian Kershaw, “The Holocaust in German Historiography: Some Introductory Remarks,” Ulrich Herbert, “The Holocaust and West German Historians: Historical Research and Memory,” Nicolas Berg, “German Jews in the History of the Shaoh,” Zimmermann, “Pius XII and the Shaoh,” Robert S. Wistrich, “The Politcal Order of the Volksgemeinschaft: Ernst Fraenkel’s Dual State Revisited,” Michael Wildt, “Jean Amery Reads Frantz Fanon: The Postcolonial Jew,” Yfaat Weiss, “Social Antisemitism in Comparative Perspective: Antisemitism in Summer and Seaside Resorts in Germany and the United States, 1870s to 1950s,” Frank Bajohr, “The ‘Writings on the Wall’: The Changing Public Sphere and the Jews in Germany in the Third Reich,” (280326) $43.00
89. Zivs, Samuel (forward). The Real Truth Profiles of Soviet Jews. Moscow: Raduga, 1986. 223 pp. Soviet propaganda concerning the plight of Russian Jews, claims Jews are very happy in Russia, no anti-Semitism, it’s all a Zionist plot. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (278231) $36.00
90. Zohn, Harry (translator). The World is a Comedy; A Tucholsky Anthology. Cambridge: Sci Art, 1957. 240 pp. dj torn inscribed by Zohn. Tucholsky was an important Journalist and humorist in Weimar Germany and fled. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (277931) $10.00
91. Zoltsman, Moshe; Shain, Baruch. Garwolin; a Memorial to the Jewish Community of Garwolin; Garvolin, sefer Zikaron. Farband fun di Garvoliner; Irgun Yotzei Garwolin, 1972. 302 pp. back cover glue stains. Good. Hardcover . (278304) $67.00