1. Allen Shore, Lena. Forty Years after Darkness. Philadelphia: Assn Jewish Holocaust Survivors, 1985. 64 pp.ex library with plate and pocket. Very Good. Paperback.
Holocaust memoir updated to the present, first published in 1985. (272790) $10.00
2. Allen Shore, Lena. Forty Years after Darkness. Lena Allen Shore Center, 1991. Second Printing. 179 pp.ex library with plate and pocket. Very Good. Paperback.
Holocaust memoir updated to the present, first published in 1985. (272786) $10.00
3. (anti Semitsm) Tobin Gary. Jewish Perceptions of Anti Semitism. Plenum, 1988. 325 pp, and how Jewish people deal with prejudice. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (273313) $20.00
4. (Anti-Semitism) Wistrich Robert S. Antisemitism The Longest Hatred. New York: Pantheon, 1991. 342 pp + front matter. Very Good in good dust-jacket. (272884) $15.00
5. Arad, Yitzhak, stock. Rescue Attempts During the Holocaust: Proceedings of the Second Yad Vashem Int Historical Conference 1974 In Hebrew. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem , 1976. 553 pp. In Hebrew ex library with plate and pocket. Good. cloth.
39 ssays from six sessions (272673) $23.00
6. Bartel Walter et al. Buchenwald Mahnung Und Verpflichtung Dokumente Und Berichte. Deutscher Verlag Der Wissenschaften, 1983. vierte auflage. 775 pp. + 75 abbildungen. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (255334) $26.00
7. Ben Dor David. The Darkest Chapter. Canongate, 1996. 149 pp. Survivor of Dachau reflects back on his experience 50 years after the imprisonment. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272885) $20.00
8. Ben Nahum D. Ke-em hashah le-hatsil : shelihutah shel Havivah Raik. ha-Maḥlaḳah le-ḥinukh ule-tarbut shel ha-Ḳibuts ha-artsi “Ha-shomer ha-tsaʻir ṿe-Sifriyat poʻalim, , 1964. 216 pp In Hebrew ex library with book plate tears to crown, pen inscription on fep Raik was one of three women in a team of thirty-seven parachutists who were sent to occupied Europe by the Zionist authorities in Palestine .Their mission was to rescue Jews. Raik and several others were killed on that mission. but only one of the members – the poet Hana Senesh – has become a national legend of valor and dedication. The others remained anonymous.. Good. Hardcover . (272692) $75.00
9. Benz Wolfgang. The Holocaust: A German Historian Examines the Holocaust. NY: Columbia UP, 1999. 8vo 186 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (273008) $7.00
10. Bergmann, Martin S.; Jucovy, Milton E. Generations of the Holocaust. NY: Columbia University Press, 1982. First Edition. 356 pp. Good + in Good + DJ. Hardback & DJ.
Concerns the transmittal of trauma from the Survivors to their families, and therapy work with children of the survivors and Nazis. (273023) $10.00
11. Bericht des Bundesrates an die Bundesversammlung über die antidemokratische Tätigkeit von Schweizern und Ausländern im Zusammenhang mit dem Kriegsgeschehen 1939-1945 (Motion Boerlin). Teil 3 Vom 21. Mai 1946. Bern: Bericht des Bundesrates , 1946. 60 pp. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
No 4919 (272798) $36.00
12. Beyerchen, Alan. Scientists Under Hitler: Politics and the Physics Community in the Third Reich. New Haven: Yale, 1979. 287 pp.dj tears, sfep. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (253616) $20.00
13. Borzykowski Tuvia. Ben ḳirot noflim; (Between tubling walls). Bet loḥame ha-geṭaʼo, 1983. 208 pp. In Hebrew ex library with pocket and plate, on the Shoah in Poland. Good. Hardcover . (272732) $17.00
14. Bower, Tom. The Paperclip Conspiracy: The Hunt for Nazi Scientists. Boston: Little Brown, 1987. 8vo 308 pp. good. Hardback & DJ.
Rewriting the records of German scientists and ease their entry into the USA after WW2,some formerly ardent Nazis.V-2 team. (273176) $15.00
15. Brezhnev ; Leonid Ilʹich. די קלײנער ערד ; װידערגעבורט ; צעלינא / Di Klayner erd ; Ṿidergeburṭ ; Tselina. Pisatel, 1979. 238 pp. ex library with bookplate and pocket In Yiddish. Good. Hardcover .
In Yiddish; Translation of Malai︠a︡ zemli︠a︡, Vozrozhdenie and T︠s︡elina. Translation first appeared: Soveṭish Heymland ; no. 12, 1979. (272795) $23.00
16. Bulawko, Henry, (editor). Exposition: Les Juifs dans la Lutte Contre L’Hitlerisme. Paris: CDJC: Musee du Memorial, nd. Important exhibition catalog.In French oblong 8vo 135 pp. slight library mark on pastedown and book plate covers worn and stained. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271808) $25.00
17. Cartier Bresson Henri. The Decisive Moment. simon and schuster, 1952. Includes caption booklet dust jacket by Matisse lacks spine and lacks some edges and large piece at top of spine on both sides large portion of image is present, captions to 126 photographs. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Post War France (272711) $575.00
18. Checinski Michael. My Father’s Watch. Gefen, 1994. ex library with markings 246 pp. Holocaust memoir. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272740) $40.00
19. Ciemny Melech (Meylekh Tshemni) . Teg azelkhe dertseylungen. Minkhen: Hitahdut in Daytshland, 1948. 141 pp. In Yiddish, small tape on spine, long inscription from author, and name written on fep also with address in Munich. Good. Wrapper.
Survivor memoir. With the outbreak of WWII, he left for Bialystok, and then over the years 1941-1945 he lived in Tashkent and Samarkand (Uzbekistan), where he worked for a time on a collective farm. In 1946 he returned to Poland, and from there he soon departed for Germany. He lived in Munich until 1951 where he worked as a proofreader for a newspaper and was secretary of the association of survivor-writers. He contributed to such Holocaust survivor publications as: Landsberger lager tsaytung (Landsberg camp newspaper), Dos vort, Unzer velt (Our world), Af der vakh (On guard), and Naye yidishe tsaytung (New Jewish newspaper), as well as in the anthologies Shriftn (Writings) and Hemshekh (Continuation) Yiddish Lexikon (272728) $36.00
20. Cohen Asher editor. The Shoah And The War. Lang, 1992. 447 pp. 24 essays ex library with book plate and pocket and fore edge stamped. Good +. Hardcover .
Studies on the Shoah (272670) $42.00
21. d’Harcourt, Pierre. The Real Enemy. London: Longmans Green and Co, 1964. 8186 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Was in French Resistance, betrayed and spent years in Nazi camps including Buchenwald. These are his experiences. (272643) $12.00
22. Di Yidishe Tragedye in Eyrope. Farlag Medem Klub, 1943. 80 pp. stapled covers ex library with markings. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Bibiyotek Unzer Tsayt, Numer 2 (272678) $20.00
23. Downing, David. Diary of a Dead Man on Leave A Novel. SOHO, 2019. 290 pp. Fiction but reads like history of a Communist organizer in Nazi Germany and his work and experiences. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272886) $20.00
24. Dworzecki, M. Mahanot ha-yehudim be-Estonya: 1942-1944/ Jewish camps in Estonia: 1942-1944. Yad Vashem , 1970. 402 pp. xxii pp.,hinge starting b/w illustrations, index, English language introduction at the rear Text is in Hebrew.ex library with pocket and stamps on fore edge. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272669) $25.00
25. Eck, Nathan. ha-To’im be-darkhe ha-mavet : havai ṿe-hagot bi-yeme ha-kilayon; Wandering on the roads of death (life and thoughts in the days of destruction). Yad Vashem, 1960. 271 pp. ex library with plate. Good. Hardcover . (272684) $46.00
26. Eiland, Howard. Walter Benjamin: A Critical Life. Belknap, 2014. 754 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272850) $20.00
27. Elias, Ruth. Ruach Chayim Die Hoffnung erhielt mich am Leben: Mein Weg von Theresienstadt und Auschwitz nach Israel. Israel: Poalim, 1990. 12mo 246 pp. In Hebrew with plate and pocket ex library. good. Hardback & DJ. (272793) $15.00
28. Eliav, M. Studies on the Holocaust Period in Memory of Prof M Dvorjetski In Hebrew. Bar Ilan, 1980. 140 pp.In Hebrew ex library with markings and pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272690) $26.00
29. Engelshtern, Lazar. In Getos un Velder: Fun Vilne biz di Naliboker Vildenishn. In Yiddish. Hakibbutz Hameuchad Publishing House,, 1972. 207 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket. Good +. Hardcover . (272704) $27.00
30. Essays in Holocaust History. , Institute of Contemporary Jewry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1979. 113 pp. ex library with markings and book plate. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272679) $12.00
31. Feuchtwanger Edgar. Hitler My Neighbor Memories of a Jewish Childhood 1929-1939. Other Press, 2013. 209 pp. At the age of 88 Feuchtwanger decided to retell his childhood memories of Nazi Germany,with Hitler living across the street in Munich, his father arrested and sent to Dachau and his being sent on a children’s transport in 1939. Also nephew to Lion Feuchtwanger. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272887) $18.00
32. Finger, Seymour. American Jewry during the Holocaust. NY: American Jewish Commission on hte Holocaust, 1984. Second Printing. about 200 pages, number taped to spine and slight library stamp on title page. Good +. Paperback.
A report by the Research Director, his staff and independent schloars retained by the Director for the American Jewish Commission on the Holocaust. (272878) $17.00
33. Flisowski, Zbigniew. Westerplatte wspomnienia relcje dokumenty. Warsaw: Wydawn. Ministerstwa Obrony Narodowej,, 1959. 296 pp. includes map, dj torn, book is in Polish. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
First battle in outbreak of World War II where Polish defenders held off the German attack for weeks and inspired the Polish populace. (272650) $15.00
34. Fluek, Toby. Memories of My Life in a Polish Village 1930-1949. NY: Knopf, 1990. 110 pp.dj torn. Very good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Paintings and text describing the life in Poland before,during and following the Nazi occupation (224301) $15.00
35. Fraenkel, Heinrich. Help Us Germans To Beat The Nazis! Gollancz, 1941. 118 pp. ex library with pocket and book plate. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272833) $25.00
36. Garber, Zev. Peace, In Deed: Essays in Honor of Harry James Cargas. Scholars Press, 1962. 253 pp. ex library wtih book plate and pocket about 20 esays and reembrances Cargas was a reknowned Holocaust scholar. Good. Hardcover .
[South Florida Studies in the History of Judaism, No. 162] (272694) $16.00
37. Geduldt oder gleichberechtigt; Zwei Gesprache ur gegenwartigen Situation der Juden in Deutschland. German Judaica, 1961. 49 pp. slight library mark. Good. Wrapper. (248221) $25.00
38. Gerber, David. Anti Semitism in American History. Illinois, 1986. 428 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (273298) $20.00
39. Gilboa, Jehoshua. שמור לנצח : פרקי אסיר בברית־המועצות / Li-shemor la-netsaḥ : pirḳe asir be-Verit ha-moʻatsot; The Life of a Prisoner in the Soviet Union. Masada, 1964. 158 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate and pocket . Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Concerns the Shoah and WW2 (272791) $20.00
40. Glaser, Ernest. A Life Well Lived: Berlin, Shanghai, and America. Createspace, 2017. 297 pp. Autobiography by a Jewish refugee from the Holocaust who lived in Shanghai during the Japanese occupation and made his way to the US, where he became a businessman. Very Good. Paperback. (272810) $20.00
41. goldenberg Myrna editor. Testimony, Tensions, and Tikkun: Teaching the Holocaust in Colleges and Universities. Univ of Washington, 2007. 328 pp. ex library . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272700) $20.00
42. Gorny, Yosef. The Jewish Press and the Holocaust, 1939 – 1945. Cambridge, 2012. 284 pp, slight library marking on fore edge. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272764) $32.00
43. Gross, Jan. Neighbors; The destruction of the Jewish Community in Jedwabne, Poland. Princeton: Princeton Univ. Press, 2001. 261 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
True story of the murder of 1600 men women and children in a Polish village in 1941 by fellow townspeople. (272870) $10.00
44. Grossman, Chaika. אנשי המחתרת; The Underground Army: Fighters of the Bialystok GhettoHolocaust Library. NY: Moreshet, 1965. 420 pp. In Hebrew ex library with pocket. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Chaika acquired arms for the ghetto and maintained contact with the outside resistance forces. Organized rescue operations (272753) $35.00
45. Grossmann, Kurt. Die unbesungenen Helden: Menschen in Deutschlands dunklen Tagen. Berlin: Arani, 1957. 388 pp. slight library marks . Good. Cloth.
During the Shoah (272805) $15.00
46. Grosz, Hanus. Kindertransport Memory Quilt. Kindertranport Assn, 2000. 218 pp. wonderful memories of children and youth of the kindertransport and quilts reflecting the memories. Very Good. Paperback. (272641) $17.00
47. Grundig, Leah. Be-ge ha-haregah : rishumim; In the Valley of slaughter. ha-Hafatsah ha-rashit, ha-Kibuts ha-meʼuhad,, 1944. 17 unnumbered pages of plates captions in Hebrew and English, large edition with different text of Im Tal des Todes published in Dresden in 1947 ,large 8vo. Includes “Be-tugat lel har-Tsiyon” by S. Shalom .Illustrations by Leah Grundig are haunting and horrifying of the Shoah and aftermath. Good. Hardcover .
Lea Lange was born in Dresden and raised as an Orthodox Jew. However, she found the Orthodox environment stifling, and in 1922 she began several years of art studies, first at the Academy of Arts and Crafts and then at the Academy of Art. Lea was impressed by the works of Barlach and Kokoschka, and the War cycle by Otto Dix reinforced her deep convictions as a pacifist. Around 1924, she met her future husband, the artist Hans Grundig, who came from a working-class background, and in 1926 both joined the Communist Party…. In several etching cycles done during the early Nazi years, she aimed to depict “the thousand fears, the presentiment of doom, the imprisonment of the persecuted, the inhumanity and the fight against it by the best of mankind.” Starting in 1936, both Grundigs were in and out of concentration camps as a result of their past Communist affiliations and ongoing anti-Nazi activities. Lea Grundig was deported in 1939. The Gestapo took her to Prague. She went from here via Vienna and Bratislava to the Romanian city of Tulcea. She undertook the sea crossing with the SS Pacific to Palestine. She changed en route to the SS Patria, which then sank. As a result of this, after a nine-month odyssey through Europe, Lea Grundig spent just under a year in the British internment camp Atlit as an illegal immigrant. After her release, Grundig first lived with her sister in Haifa and later moved to Tel Aviv. She learned Hebrew and settled down as an artist and book illustrator. After World War II, Lea rejoined her husband in Dresden. Despite her unwavering Communist sympathies, Lea did not always have an easy time with the repressive East German regime, though toward the end of her life she was showered with many official honors.” Galerie St Etienne And Art in Exile (272615) $775.00
48. Gudkov, Lev. Attitudes toward Jews in the Soviet Union: Public Opinion in Ten rRpublics (Working papers on contemporary Anti-Semitism). American Jewish Committee, 1992. about 150 pp. fileled with charts slight libraary marks. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271810) $26.00
49. Gurdus, Luba Krugman (signed by). Rehovot HaMavet The Death Train: A Personal Account of a Holocaust Survivor. Bet Lohmei, 1982. 174 pp.In Hebrew dj torn inscribed by author. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
The author, a survivor of the Maydanek Camp, describes her family’s plight, and the Judenzug on its way to Belzec. (267916) $25.00
50. Gutman, Israel. Shoah u-mashma`utah. The Holocaust and its signifigance. Zalman Shazar Cente, 1983. 190 pp.In Hebrew ex library with pocket . Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272685) $36.00
51. Haar, Inge. German Scholars and Ethnic Cleansing, 1919-1945. Berghahn, 2005. 298 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
thirteen essays/articles by various contributors. (272784) $7.00
52. Hahn, Barbara. Die Judin Pallas Athene auch eine Theorie der Moderne. Berlin Verlag, 2000. 368 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Barbara Hahn stellt Paul Celans geheimnisvolle, paradoxe Figur der Jüdin Pallas Athene an den Beginn ihres Buchs, das den Weg deutscher Jüdinnen durch die deutsch-jüdische Geschichte von der Mitte des 18. Jahrhunderts bis in die Zeit nach 1945 nachzeichnet. Sie skizziert die intellektuelle Landschaft, in der sich Rahel Levin Varnhagen, Rosa Luxemburg, Elsa Lasker-Schüler, Margarete Susman oder Hannah Arendt bewegten. Und sie entdeckt die Spuren einer zerstörten Kultur, wenn sie das Leben und Denken uns unbekannter jüdischer Frauen aus den Archiven wieder ans Tageslicht hebt. Es ist die Geschichte der Mütter der ersten Generation akkulturierter Jüdinnen, die noch in ihrer traditionellen Welt lebten, und die Geschichte ihrer Töchter, die einen hohen Preis für den Übergang bezahlten. (from the blurb) (272765) $25.00
53. Halley, Anne. Between Wars and Other Poems. Gehenna Press, 1965. dust jacket heavily foxed and front hinge slight foxing, cloth covers not affected. Good condition. Wrapper.
Number 498/500 printed at the Geheanna Press Harold McGrath was the pressman Poems on the arrogance of power and the plight of innocence in Nazi Germany, drawings by Leonard Baskin,Halley was born in Germany to a Jewish father and fled to USA in 1938, she later married Jules Chametzky (272855) $35.00
54. Hartwig, Thomas. Die verheissene Stadt. Deutsch-juedische Emigranten in New York. Gespraeche Eindruecke und Bilder. Arsenal, 1986. Good. Paperback. (272771) $10.00
55. Heintz, Georg. Deutsches Exil 1933-1945 Nr. 1 …Index der “Neuen Weltbuhne” von 1933-1939. Worms: Heintz, 1972. 103 pages. Very good. Wrapper. (242325) $25.00
56. Herz, Gabrielle. The Women’s Camp In Moringen: A Memoir of Imprisonment in Germany 1936-1937. Berghahn, 2006. 183 pp. slight library marks and taped spine. Good +. Hardcover . (272672) $25.00
57. Hett, Benjamin. The Death of Democracy Hitler’s Rise to Poser and the Downfall of the Weimar Republic. Holt, 2018. 280 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272888) $20.00
58. Hill, Roland. A Time out of Joint A Journey from Nazi Germany to Post War Britain. Radcliffe, 2007. 322 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Fleeing Austria and ending up in London as enemy alien and then serving in British Army, had converted to Catholicism though was born Jewish (272772) $12.00
59. Hoegner, Wilhelm. Der Schwierige Aussenseiter Erinnerungen eines bayerischen Sozialdemokraten. pvo, 1975. 344 pp. Fled Nazi Germany for Switzerland and returned after the War. Very Good. Paperback.
author of Flucht vor Hitler. Erinnerungen an die Kapitulation der ersten deutschen Republik 1933 (272785) $14.00
60. Institute for Jewish Policy Research . Antisemitism World Report 1996 Fifth edition. London: Inst for Jewish Policy Research, 1996. 8vo 250 pp book plate and slight library mark. Very Good. wrapper. (271811) $23.00
61. Institute for Jewish Policy Research . Antisemitism World Report 1997 Sixth edition. London: Inst for Jewish Policy Research, 1997. 380 pp slight library marks. Very Good. wrapper. (272758) $23.00
62. International Migration 1945 1957. : International Labour Office,, 1959. 414 pp. Good +. Paperback. (272760) $20.00
63. Jacobs, Janet. Memorializing the Holocaust: Gender, Genocide and Collective Memory. Tauris, 2010. 176 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272714) $15.00
64. Karlsruhe. “Das Geheimnis der Erlosung heisst Erinnerung”; Dokumentation zum Besuch ehemaliger judischer Mitburgerinnen und Mitburger in Karlsruhe. Stadt Karlsruhe, 1988. 84pp. tear to spine. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Articles and recollections by visitors, lists names of visitors (245196) $25.00
65. Karmi, Aharon. אין רויך פון בזשעזשינקי In roykh fun Bzshezshinki In Yiddish. Peretz, 1966. 261 pp. In Yiddish ex library with book plate and pocket. Good. Hardcover . (272699) $25.00
66. Karmi, Aharon. מן הדליקה ההיא Min ha-delekah ha-hi: mi-pi havre ha-irgun ha-Yehudi ha-lohem be-geto Varsha. Hotsaat Ha-Kibuts Ha-Meuhad,, 1961. 240 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate. Good. Hardcover . (272697) $18.00
67. Kermish, Joseph, editor. מרד גיטו וארשה בעיני האויב : חדו״חות של הגנרל יירגן שטרופ / Mered geto Varshah be-ʻene ha-ʼoyev : ha-do. ḥot…. by Jürgen Stroop. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem Oved, 1959. 8vo 237 pp. + diagrams map In Hebrew ex library with plate and pocket. Good. Hardcover . (272794) $25.00
68. Keshev. Studies and Sources, Vol. I, Institute Holocaust Research , 1985. 65 pp. in Hebrew ex library with pocket cover creased. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272750) $15.00
69. Klee, Ernst. Deutsche Medizin Im Dritten Reich: Karrieren Vor Und Nach 1945. Fischer, 2001. 416 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272800) $17.00
70. Konrad, George. Stonedial. NY: Harcourt, 2000. 290 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Friends reunite in Hungary in 1993 and remember the events of the Shoah and the 1956 revolt. A novel by the author of the Caseworker (272769) $12.00
71. Krakowski, Shmuel. Leḥimah Yehudit be-Polin neged ha-Natsim, 1942-1944. NY: Holmes and Meier, 1984. 428 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate and pocket. Good +. Hardcover .
Jewish Armed Resistance in Poland: 1942-1944 (272751) $25.00
72. Kranzler, David. Japanese, Nazis and Jews: The Jewish Refugee Community of Shanghai: 1938-1945. NY: Yeshiva Univ. Press, 1976. 8vo 644 pp.,dj very torn and worn. good. Hardback & DJ. (273278) $42.00
73. Krispyn, Egbert. Anti-Nazi Writers in Exile. Athens: Univ. of Georgia, 1978. 12mo 200 pp. good. Hardback & DJ. (272941) $10.00
74. Kulka, Erich. Escape from Auschwitz. Bergin and Garvey, 1961. 150 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket. Good +. Hardcover . (272756) $40.00
75. Lemkin, Raphael. Axis Rule in Occupied Europe Laws of Occupation Analysis of Government Proposals for Redress Reprint. Washington: Carnegie Endowment?Fertig, 1944/1973. 674 pp. ex library with markings and plate and pocket that was overly glued down blotching free end paper . Good. Hardcover .
Important work develops idea of genocide. (272687) $48.00
76. Lensky, Mordechai. Haye ha Yehudim be geto Varshah In Hebrew. Yad Vashem, 1980s?. 238 pp. In Hebrew ex library with pocket . Good. Hardcover .
English title was A physician inside the Warsaw Ghetto, 1939-1943 (272696) $32.00
77. Lewin, Rabbi Isaac . Religious Freedom: The Right to Practice Shehitah (Kosher Slaughtering). NY: Research Institute for Post War Problems of European Jewry, 1946. 278 pp, corner curled. Good condition. Hardcover .
Presents the case that shehitah is most humane, Documents extensively the Nazi and European prohibitions. (272857) $10.00
78. Lifton, Robert inscribed by. The Nazi Doctors: Medical Killing and the Psychology of Genocide. NY: Basic Books, 1986. 561 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (273177) $15.00
79. Limberg, Margarete (editor). Germans No More Accounts of Jewish Everyday Life 1933-1938. Berghahn, 2006. 191 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272767) $15.00
80. Limberg, Margarete. Nach dem “Anschluss” – Berichte österreichischer EmigrantInnen aus dem Archiv der Harvard University”. mandelbaum, 2013. 303 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Believe also translated into English as Germans No More Accounts of Jewish Everyday Life 1933-1938 (272768) $10.00
81. Lubling, Yoram. Twice-Dead: Moshe Y. Lubling, the Ethics of Memory, and the Treblinka Revolt. Lang, 2007. 230 pp. ex library markings. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272689) $25.00
82. Luel, Steven editor. Psychoanalytic Reflections on the Holocaust: Selected Essays. Ktav, 1984. 236 pp. ex library with markings and pocket. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272735) $16.00
83. Man, Yitzhak ; Baruch, Sarel;. יד לשואה ולמרד Yad la-sho’ah vela-mered. Ha-Lishkah ha-Ra’shit shel ha-Keren ha-Kayemet le-Yisra’el , 1952. 107 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate . Good. Hardcover . (272688) $47.00
84. Memorial to the unknown Jewish martyr : erected to the memory of six million Jews, men women and children, innocent victims of Nazi barbarism who have no grave. Paris: CIDOC World Committee, 1950. 24 pp. slight library marks corners creased filled with images of the dedication and installation of the monument and pictures of speakers and their presentations. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272741) $45.00
85. Mermelstein, Mel. By Bread Alone: The Story of A-4685: A Survivor of the Nazi Holocaust. California: Auschwitz Study Fdn, 1993. 290 pp. Good +. paperback.
Filed lawsuit against Inst for Historical resarch. (224325) $15.00
86. Miller, Joy Erlichmann. Love Carried Me Home: Women Surviving Auschwitz. Deerfield Beach: Simcha Press, 2000. 226 pp. Very Good. wrapper.
Based on two year research study of coping strategies of sixteen women who survived Auschwitz. (224281) $15.00
87. Molden, Fritz. Exploding Star: A Young Austrian Against Hitler. NY: Morrow, 1979. 279 pp, dj very slightly torn . Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Describes his involvement in fighting the NS in Austria, fled to Switzerland and was involved with the Resistance.Publisher. (273665) $12.00
88. Mordecai, Strigler. Tzu aich swesṭer un brider bafraite : nochmilhome-problemen fun jidisn folk. cyco, 1945. 31 pp. tears to covers slight library markings. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272869) $36.00
89. Morgntoj, Lejb/Leyb Morgentoy. ‘Ruinen in zun ‘ Poezje. Lodz: Idisz Buch, 1949. In Yiddish 91 pp. new covers and image of rolling mountain and tres and title attatched to new cover. Good +. wrapper.
The pseudonym of Khonen-Leyb Sapozhnik, he was born in Pinsk, Polesia (Polesye), into a laboring family. He studied in religious elementary school, in a Yiddish-Hebrew public school, and in evening courses. At age thirteen he became a cobbler. Until the German invasion of Russia (June 1941), he lived in Pinsk and thereafter left for Soviet Russia. He lived in Samarkand (1941-1945), where he participated in literary Sundays run by the local writers’ association. He returned to Poland in the summer of 1947 and lived in Lodz and Warsaw. From 1957 he was living in the state of Israel and wrote many works of poetry. (Yiddish Lexikon) (272723) $45.00
90. Mosenson, Moshe. מכתבים מהדרכים Mikhtavim meha-derakhim. NY: Am Oved, 1984. 175 pp.In Hebrew ex library with plate and pocket Writes of his War experiences . Good. Paperback.
Jewish soldier in British Army and Jewish Brigade. In Letters from the Desert he wrote of Nazi concentration camps being liberated in Jiddo and the people he meets and his pride in his identity. (272730) $17.00
91. Muller, Hill Benno. Todliche Wissenschaft. Die Aussonderung von Juden, Zigeunern und Geisteskranken 1933-1945. Volk und Gesundheit, 1989. 188 pp. In German ex library with book plate and pocket. Good +. Paperback. (272706) $15.00
92. Neusner, Jacob (editor). Judaism Transcends Catastrophe: God, Torah, and Israel Beyond the Holocaust, Vol. 1: Faith Renewed- The Judaic Affirmation Beyond the Holocaust. Macon: Mercer Univ Press, 1994. 196 pp. Very good. Cloth.
Ten important essays by scholars. Katz Rubenstein Berkovits Sacks Fackenheim (272766) $17.00
93. Novitch, Miriam. Sobibor : mahane ha-avdan veha-mered. Kibuts lohame ha-geta ot, 1979. 137 pp.In Hebrew ex library with book plate and pocket. Good. Paperback.
Sobibor – Martyrdom and Revolt English title (272701) $15.00
94. Pearl, S. Almazov. Di untererdishe milhomeh in europa; The Underground War in Europe. NY: self, 1943. 320 pp.spine frayed In Yiddish ex library with plate and pocket. Good-. Hardcover .
Includes material on the Nazi slaughter of the Jews and the Resistance. Very scarce. (272792) $15.00
95. Penkower Monty. Decision on Palestine Deferred: America, Britain and Wartime Diplomacy, 1939-1945 (Israeli History, Politics, and Society). Frank Cass, 2002. 380 pp. ex library with pocket. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272742) $27.00
96. Pressac, Jean Claude presented and commented by. The Struthof Album Study of the Gassing at Natzweiler Struthof of 86 Jews whose bodies were to constitute a collection of skeletons A photographic document. LKlarsfeld Fnd, 1985. 88 pp. corners of cover slight crease. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
Edited by Serge Klarsfeld (272879) $48.00
97. Presser, Dr Jacques. Ondergang, de vervolging en verdeling van het Nederlandse Jodendom 1940-1945 (2 volumes). Nijhoff, 1965. fourth printing. 526+ 568 pp. number taped to dj and slight library mark on fep In Dutch. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (248217) $45.00
98. Prusin, Alexander. Nationalizing a Borderland: War, Ethnicity, and Anti-Jewish Violence in East Galicia, 1914-1920 (Judaic Studies Series). Alabama, 2005. 181 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272599) $18.00
99. Rapport du Conseil federal a l’Assemblee federale concernant l’activite antidemocratique exercee par des Suisses et des etrangers en relation avec la periode de guerre de 1939 a 1945 (motion Boerlin). deuxieme partie. Bern: Bericht des Bundesrates , 1946. 37 pp. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
No 4919 (272799) $30.00
100. The Report of Jurgen Stroop; Concerning the Uprising in the Ghetto of Warsaw and the Liquidation of the Jewish Residential Area. Warsaw: Jewish Historical Institute, 1958. 125 pp. + documents some slightly creased pages ex library with book plate. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272752) $17.00
101. Ristelhueber, Rene. The International Refugee Organization: International Conciliation, No. 470, Carnegie Endowment, 1951. 165-228 pp. slight library marks. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272797) $18.00
102. Robinson, Nehemiah. Indemnification and Reparations: Jewish Aspects. Institute of Jewish Affairs, 1944. 302 pp. ex library with markings taped spine back cover lacks piece and is taped over. Good-. Paperback.
From War To Peace [No. 2] (272736) $18.00
103. Rosenfled, Alvin. Anti-Americanism and anti Semitism : a new frontier of bigotry. American Jewish Committee, 2003. 35 pp. slight library mark. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271809) $20.00
104. Roth, John. Remembering for the Future. The Holocaust in an age of Genocide volume 1 History volume 2 Ethics and ReligionVolume 3 Memory. Palgrave, 2001. 924+963+ 966 pp ex library with book plate and pocket and stamp on fore edge. Very Good. Hardcover .
Remembering for the Future brings together the work of nearly 200 scholars from more than 30 countries and features cutting-edge scholarship across a range of disciplines, amounting to the most extensive and powerful reassessment of the Holocaust ever undertaken. Wprldcat (274667) $325.00
105. Roth, John, and Berenbaum, Michael (editors) inscrbed by both. Holocaust: Religious and Philosophical Implications. NY: Paragon House, 1989. 388 pp. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
twenty four excellent essays (273365) $24.00
106. Rothkirchen, Livia (. Hurban Yahadut Slovakyah : teʼur histori bi-teʻudot; The destruction of Slovak Jewry: a documantary history. Yad Vashem, 1961. LXXV+ 257 pp. In English and Hebrew ex library with book plate and pocket. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
“The majority of documents were originally written in the Slovak language, and a number of documents were written in German; they were translated into Hebrew by Mr. Shlomo Schmidt (272748) $135.00
107. (Russia) Krichevsky, Lev. The treatment of Jewish themes in Russian schools. American Jewish Committee, 2001. 72 pp. number on cover and slight library stamp on paste down. Good +. Wrapper.
Central and East European curriculum review project, 5. This report focuses on how Jewish themes Judaism, Jewish culture, Jewish history, Jewish Holocaust, and the State of Israel are treated in curricular materials used in elementary and secondary schools in the Russian schools. (271841) $18.00
108. Samuel, Maurice inscribed by. The Great Hatred. NY: Knopf, 1941. 209 pp.dj torn. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (273423) $18.00
109. Schneersohn, Isaac (preface). d’Auschwitz a Israel: Vingt Ans Apres La Liberation. Paris: Centre de Documentation . Juive, 1968. 8vo 474 pp. tear to crown of spine, library number on spine and slight library mark. good. Paperback. (272802) $17.00
110. Schoenberner, G. Permanent Exhibit English Version. House of the Wannsee Conference, n.d. 1980s?. 82 pp. ex library with markings. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272682) $23.00
111. Serke, Jurgen. Die verbrannten Dichter. Weinheim: Belyz, 1978. 3nd. 267 pages. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Excellent work on writers and poets persecuted by the Nazis. Includes Toller,Lasker Schuler,Goll,Graf,Hasenclever,et al. (254419) $35.00
112. Sheingauter, Boris . Di Prayz fun broyṭ. Sovetski Pisatei, 1986. Tsena khleba.short stories In Yiddish 61 pp. ex library with pocket On Soviet campaigns against the Nazis. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Biblioṭeḳ fun “Soṿeṭish heymland”, 1986, (272759) $25.00
113. Simon Wiesenthal: The Man and His Legacy. : Simon Wiesenthal Center,, 1983. 154 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket A tribute book filled with his life storyand pictures. Good +. Paperback. (272707) $30.00
114. Smolen, Kazimierz editor . Selected Problems from the History of KL Auschwitz. : Panstwowe Muzeum W Oswiecim, 1979. 103 pp. ex library with pocket and book plate. Good. Paperback. (272702) $15.00
115. Steiner-Aviezer, Miriam . The Soldier with the Golden Buttons. Yad Vashem, 1987. 134 pp Memoir by child survivor of Yugoslavian death camp. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272862) $15.00
116. Steiner-Van Rooyen, Deborah inscribed by. My grandfather’s brother’s son Yonah Al Hut Tyal. Yad Vashem, 2007. 163 pp. in Hebrew sligh tlibrary mark . New. Paperback.
Memoirs of Yonah Steiner, as told to his cousin Deborah Steiner van Rooyen in 1969 in Kibbutz Ginosar, Israel. Steiner was born in 1926 in Gromnik, Poland. Shortly after the German occupation he was sent to a labor camp; he managed to escape, but was caught. He was then sent to a number of labor and concentration camps, including Flossenbürg and Mauthausen, where he was liberated. All of his family but one brother perished; after the war he settled in Israel. (272796) $27.00
117. Steinfeldt, Irena. How Was It Humanly Possible? A Study of Perpetrators and Bystanders During the Holocaust. Yad Vshem Beth Shalom, 2002. 283 pp. cover creased slight library marks. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272708) $23.00
118. Uhlman, Fred. Reunion. NY: Farra Straus Giroux, 1977. 111 pp sfep. Good. Hardcover .
Superb novel by exiled anti Nazi lawyer of a friendship in Nazi Germany of a Jewish boy and a young Count and the aftermath. (272712) $15.00
119. United Nations. Report of the Special Committee on Refugees and Displaced Persons = Rapport du Comite special des refugiés et personnes deplacees. Special Supplement Number 1 and 2. Lake Success: United Nations. Special Committee on Refugees and Displaced Persons.; United Nations. Economic and Social Council., 1946. 176 pp. + 64 pp. slight library marks, Important discussions by Committe Members of the meaning of refugees, who were the Displaced? what status would the Jewish survivors receive as compared to non Jews, special attention to the Jewish surviviors? et. al. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272781) $95.00
120. Utgaard, Peter. Remembering and Forgetting Nazism; Education National Identity and the Victim Myth in Postwar Austria. Berghahn, 2003. 196 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
The myth of Austrian victimization at the hands of both Nazi Germany and the Allies became a unifying theme of Austrian official memory and a key component of national identity as a new Austria emerged from the ruins. In the 1980s, Austria’s myth of victimization came under intense scrutiny in the wake of the Waldheim scandal that marked the beginning of its erosion. The fiftieth anniversary of the Anschlus in 1988 accelerated this process and resulted in a collective shift away from the victim myth. Important themes examined include the rebirth of Austria, the Anschlus, the war and the Holocaust, the Austrian resistance, and the Allied occupation. The fragmentation of Austrian official memory since the late 1980s coincided with the dismantling of the Conservative and Social Democratic coalition, which had defined Austrian politics in the postwar period. Through the eyes of the Austrian school system, this book examines how postwar Austria came to terms with the Second World War (272848) $10.00
121. Vaillant, A. Le livre des secrets d’Henoch: texte slave et traduction Francaise. Institut d’Etudes Slaves, 1976. 122 pp. ex library with markings. Good. Hardcover . (272747) $20.00
122. Verdoner, Yoka and Fransisca Verdoner Kan (editor). Signs of Life: The letters of Hilde Verdoner-Sluizer from Nazi Transit Camp Westerbork, 1942-1944. DC: Acropolis Books, 1990. 8vo 223 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (273130) $15.00
123. Vorobeichic, Moses (Moshé Raviv-Vorobeichic, aka Moï Ver). The Ghetto Lane in Wilna (The Ghetto Lane in Vilna. Schaubücher 27): 65 pictures by M. Vorobeichic. Orrell Fussli, 1931. .8 pp. English text and 7 pp. Hebrew text, 64 illustrattions, endpapers foxed and slight library mark, last page of preface and page after Hebrew intro foxing, slight impact an last photo, wear along sides of boards, cover illustrations bit worn Preface “The Jewish Street in Light and Shadow” by S. Chnéour. Good. Boards. (273084) $450.00
124. Waddington, Leah. Hitler’s Crusade Bolshevism and the Myth of the International Jewish Conspiracy. Tauris, 2009. 290 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272770) $23.00
125. Weiss, Rabbi Avi. Haggadah for the Yom HaShoah Seder. Coalition for Jewish Concerns-Amcha, 2000. 44 pp. to be said on Holocaust Remembrabce Day, using the seder as guide ex library with plate. Very Good. Paperback. (272787) $10.00
126. Zelver, Urbach Sarah. Mi-ba’ad le-halon beti: zikhronot mi-geto Lodz/ Looking Through My Window: Memories of Lodz Ghetto. Yad Vashem, 1964. 146 pp In Hebrew ex library with pocket and book plate. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272693) $16.00
127. Le zikhram Divrei Talmedim Volume 2; +. Yad Vashem, 1965. 122 pp. ex library with pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Ha Adah LeHaNeTsahat Kehillot SheChurbo (272686) $36.00