1. Ainsztein Reuben. Jewish Resistance in Nazi-Occupied Europe: with a historical survey of the Jew as fighter and soldier in the Diaspora. Barnes and Noble, 1974. 970 pp.dj torn at base of spine. several pages have slight pen marks in margin. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (272290) $65.00
2. Anglo-Jewish Association. Germany’s New Nazis. NY: Philosophical Library, 1952. 12mo 76 pp. tear to cover and slight library mark and number on cover. good. wrapper. (272345) $9.00
3. Association Of Jewish Refugees In Great Britain. Britain’s New Citizens : the Story of the Refugees from Germany and Austria 1941-1951. Association Of Jewish Refugees In Great Britain, 1951. 75 pp.lacks small piece of cover crease to cover number on cover and slight library stamp on paste down Anniversary issue creases to cover. Good. Wrapper.
Wonderful essays on the contributions of the refugees to England (272348) $18.00
4. Association Of Jewish Refugees In Great Britain. Dispersion and Resettlement: The Story of the Jews from Central Europe. Association Of Jewish Refugees In Great Britain, 1955. 61 pp. and adds number on cover and slight library stamp on paste down. Good. Wrapper.
Recollections of settling in far corners of the world. Brazil Argentina Australia S Africa India et al (272349) $18.00
5. Bak Samuel McDonald Destiny editor. New Perceptions of Old Appearances. Pucker Gallery, 2004. 33 pp.slight library mark tp Bak uses Shoah imagry in his paintings. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (271897) $30.00
6. Bak Samuel. Le Jeu d’Echecs comme Metaphore dans l’Art de Samuel Bak = Chess as Metaphor in the Art of Samuel Bak (French and English Edition). Pucker, 1991. 58 illustrations slight library mark tp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271921) $20.00
7. Bauer Alex. The roots of Alex Bauer : a German-born 20th century Jew. Sarasoa: self published, 1991. 114 pp.ex library with pocket typed manuscript family history and includes life in Nazi Germany and fleeing Germany. Good +. Perfect-bound. (271997) $46.00
8. Becker-Jakli, Barbara. Das judische Krankenhaus in Koln : die Geschichte des Israelitischen Asyls fur Kranke und Altersschwache 1869-1945. Emons, 2004. 528 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (271934) $36.00
9. Ben Itto Hadassa. ha-Sheker mesarev la-mut : meʼah shenot “ha-Proṭokolim shel Zikne Tsiyon”; The Lie that Wouldn’t Die : the Protocols of the elders of Zion. Dvir, 1998. 352 pp In Hebrew . library name stamped on fore edge. Good +. Hardcover . (272119) $18.00
10. Benz, Wolfgang (hrsg). Das Exil der kleinen Leute: Alltagserfahrung deutscher Juden in der Emigration. Frankfurt: Beck, 1991. 344 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272198) $12.00
11. Berben Paul. Dachau, 1933-45: The Official History. Norfolk Press, 1975. 300 pp. book plate on fep . Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271902) $20.00
12. Bergner Yosl. What I Ment to Say Travels and Tales Conversations with Ruth Bondy. Hed Arzi, 1996. 198 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover .
Bondy began her career as a translator for the UP News Agency in the 1940s. During the Holocaust, Bondy was sent to Theresienstadt in 1942 and Birkenau in 1943. After the end of World War II, Bondy trained in the military as a volunteer and moved to Haifa, Israel in 1948. After arriving in Israel, Bondy was a journalist for the Israeli newspaper Davar before working for Devar ha-Shavua and Omer in 1953. She remained in journalism for over thirty years and taught at Tel Aviv University.(Wikipedia) (270475) $55.00
13. Bieberstein, Aleksander. Zaglada Zydow w Krakowie; Cracoviana Seria II Ludzie I Wydarzenia. Cracow: Wydawnictwo literackie, 1985. 275 pp. dj torn, in Polish. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
The destruction of the Jews in Cracow. (267557) $25.00
14. Blumenthal Nachman editor . Adam Czerniakow,Warsaw Ghetto Diary 6.9.1939-23.7.1942 . Yoman Geto Varsha. Yad Vashem, 1970. 395,pp. 32 pp In Hebrew with English introduction. Very Good. Hardcover .
Yad Vashem Archive Volume 7 (271957) $45.00
15. Borden Louise. The Journey That Saved Curious George : The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey. Houghton Miflin, 2005. 72 pp. authors of Curious George series, had settled in Brazil, visiting Paris were caught up in Nazi invasion and the book with color illustrations relates their lives and escape from the Nazis to Lisbon and then Rio and eventually NYC. Very Good. Hardcover . (272057) $15.00
16. Borkowicz Jacek (editor) et al. Thous shalt not kill: Poles on Jedwabne. Warsaw: Wiez, 2001. 330 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (239361) $26.00
17. Bracher Karl re edited by. The conscience in revolt Portraits of the German resistance 1933 – 45 /collected and edited by Annedore Leber in cooperation with Willy Brandt and Karl Dietrich Bracher. Re-ed. by Karl Dietrich Bracher. Hase und Koehler, 1984. 458 pp. large book new edition of Leber volume. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (270847) $26.00
18. Brenner Hannelore. The Girls of Room 28: Friendship, Hope, and Survival in Theresienstadt. Schocken, 2009. 322 pp. part of back dj lacking. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272197) $6.00
19. Caplan, Marc (research analyst). Hitler’s Apologists: The Anti-Semitic Propaganda of Holocaust Revisionism. NY: ADL, 1993. 86 pp.number on cover and slight library stamp on paste down. new. wrapper.
Material on the Institute for Historical Review and various Revisionists. Important (271932) $15.00
20. Celemenski Jacob. Mitn Farshnitenem Folk: A Kuryer fun Bund Dertseylt vegn Yidishn Hurbn un Vidershtand unter di Deytshe Natsim/ With My Poeple in its Nightmare of Destruction. Unser Tsait, 1963. 352 pp In Yiddish. Very Good. Hardcover . (270544) $20.00
21. Coordinating Committee of Jewish Organizations Dealing with Employment Discrimination in War Industries (U.S.). Memoranda Releases, Etc Vol 1 1942-43 Vol 2 1944-45. 1942-1945: Coordinating Committee of Jewish Organizations Dealing with Employment Discrimination in War Industries (U.S.), NYC. about 175 + 150 pp. in two Phd type binders, mimeographed and carbon copies of correspondence , press releases, letters to the President, activities around the country. Good. Hardcover .
Maybe the original Coordinating Committee copy and only extant copy. Members included AJS Jewish Defense League. NCCJ and others. Taking on the Government and Military with regard to discrimination against racial, religious, national minorities particularly but not limited to Jews and African Americans in the War Industry. Amazing to review and see the issues and attempts at resolution. And the involvement of the National Refugee Board concerning aliens getting hired. Also the attempt to form a National Fair Employment Practice Commission.Much deals with legislation and legal matters and actual steps taken re complaints. (272294) $175.00
22. Council for Democracy. Shall Nazis Communists and Other Anti Democratic Groups in the United States be allowed to Meet?and The Legal Aspects of Freedom to Assemble a special supplement. NY: Council for Democracy, December 1940. 38 pp. + 27 pp. slight library marks on title page, mimeographs. Good. Wrapper.
“C. D. Jackson, although one of the most significant figures in U. S. Cold War history, has remained strangely unknown, his ac¬tivities largely unrecognized. Vice-president of Time, Inc., Jackson organized the Council for Democracy in 1941, “to combat all the nazi, fascist, communist, pacifist” antiwar groups in the United States. The Council was a limited affair that served mostly to high¬light Jackson’s talents as a propagandist.” (Cook, 1981, p.122) (wikipedia) (272301) $36.00
23. Crosby Marion. I will Fear No Evil A Novel. Foorprint, 1997. 274 pp. seems to be based on her life growing up in Kielce and fleeing the Shoah. Very Good. Paperback. (272060) $12.00
24. Dadrian Vahakn. Genocide as a problem of national and international law : the World War I Armenian case and its contemporary legal ramifications. Yale Journal of International Law,, 1989. 221-334 pp. Reprint Volume 14 Number 2 Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272046) $30.00
25. Dadrian Vahakn. The role of Turkish physicians in the World War I genocide of Ottoman Armenians. Pergamon, 1986. 169-192 pp. reprinted from Holocaust and Genocide Studies Vol 1 No 2 Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272047) $23.00
26. Dettmar Alexander. Bilder der Erinnerung. Zerstorte Synagogen in Deutschland, Painting to remember Germany’s Lost Synagogues. Hirmer, 2010. 144 pp. Paintings of the destroyed synagogues in English and German. Very Good. Hardcover . (271931) $30.00
27. Deutsch, Julius. De Burgeroorlog in Oostenryk: Beschrijving door mede-strijders en ooggetuogen. Amsterdam: De Arbeiderspers, 1934. Slight library marks. embossed stamp tp 12mo 79 pp.cover bent and chipped. Good condition. wrapper.
Julius Deutsch founded the “Schutzbund” in 1923 as an answer to the paramilitary organization “Heimwehr” (Home Guard), which was ideologically related to the Christian Social Party. He remained its leader until its destruction in 1934. (272352) $18.00
28. Deutsche Bibliothek Frankfurt am Main Hahner, Mechthild (Redakteur). Deutsches Exilarchiv 1933-1945. Katalog der Bucher und Broschuren. . Metzlersche Verlagsbuchhandlung , 1989. 714 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Extraordinary bibliography containing nearly 7,000 publications of German-speaking emigrants whose books and brochures were published outside Nazi Europe from 1933 to 1950 (including first editions, reprints and translations, books published by emigrants, translated, illustrated or designed, publications by Jewish publishers In Germany, Austria and Czechoslovakia after 193o. Concludes with a complete registry of the persons and organizations and the publishers included. Essential reference guide (266843) $75.00
29. Eck Nathan editor. Yad Vashem Bulletin No 11 After the Eichmann Trial And No. 12 Jewish Youth and the Holocaust. Yad Vashem, December 1962. 104 pp. + 102 pp.ex library bound together. Good-. library binding. (272140) $30.00
30. Eparvier, Jean. A Paris Sous La Botte des Nazis. Paris: Raymond Schall, 1944. 150 pp new spine, new hinges, some discoloration of cover. Good. Boards.
Text and photographs of the Nazi occupation of Paris and the Resistance; everyday life. 1525 copies printed. (272258) $30.00
31. Feig, Konnilyn. Hitler’s Death Camps: The Sanity of Madness. NY: Holmes and Meier, 1981. 547 pp.library name stamped on fore edge. Good +. paperback.
Study of the Holocaust and the individual death camps (271961) $15.00
32. Fleischmann Johann. Mesusa 2 Spuren judischen Vergangenheit an Aisch, Aurach, Ebrach und Seebach. Arbeitkreis Judische Landgemeinden, 2003. 262 pp. Collection of documents and essays and additions to volume 1 Very Good-. Paperback. (270371) $30.00
33. Flim Bert. Saving the children. History of the organized effort to rescue Jewish children in the Netherlands 1942-1945. CDL Press, 2005. 192 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272068) $25.00
34. Flinker Moses. Ha-Na’ar Mosheh The Lad Moses(The diary of Moses Flinker). Yad Vashem, 1958. 119 pp. dj torn and worn In Hebrew. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Dutch youth’s diary from 1941 till his murder at Auschwitz (271954) $15.00
35. Franklin Ruth. A Thousand Darknesses: Lies and Truth in Holocaust Fiction. Oxford UP, 2011. 256 pp. New. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Is there room for fictive interpretations of what happened? Is it possible in the genre of memoirs to provide absolute truth or is all narrative the subjective analysis of one person? (blurb) (270722) $15.00
36. Friedman Elisha M. Inquiry of the United Jewish Appeal; report to the Allotment committee of the United Jewish Appeal, 1940, for Refugess and Overseas Needs. Vari-typing and offset printing by Business letter Service], 1941. 250 pages library book plate and pocket including maps, tables (some folded) diagram. Good. Paperback staple bound. (272000) $75.00
37. Fritz Bauer Institut. Der Auschwitz Prozess. Bauer Inst Digitale Bibliothek. DVD Tonbandmitschnitte Protokolle Dokumente plus 30 pp wrapper describing contents and separate page of contents of the DVD. Very Good. housed in Hardcover . (272305) $40.00
38. Gartenhof Kaspar text von Carl farben bildern vn. Werkzeug Maschinen. Westermans Monatshefte, 1939. Sonderabdruck 461-464 pp. Bauhaus style drawings of machinery . Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
After 1933, he began work on an ambitious series of paintings he called the “Industrial Plan”, depicting Germany’s most important industries, but it was never completed. The following year, he received a commission for a monumental wall painting, to be displayed at an exhibition called “German People-German Work”. A major retrospective was held at the Museum Folkwang in 1935.In August 1939, he was drafted again and sent as an officer to the Polish front. (Wikipedia) (272050) $36.00
39. Geduldet oder gleichberechtigt: Zwei Gespräche zur gegenwärtigen Situation der Juden in Deutschland. Germania Judaica, 1960. 49 pp. slight library mark. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272155) $16.00
40. Geve Thomas. Es gibt hier keine Kinder: Auschwitz/ Gross-Rosen/ Buchenwald – Zeichnungen eines kindlichen Historikers. gottingen: Wallstein, 1997. 152 pp. Good. Hardcover .
The drawings were of Auschwitz, Gross Rosen and Buchenwald by Geve himself. He hid when Buchenwald was evacuated and was rescued with the other 900 children who hid. He began making these color pencil drawings of all his experiences in the three camps at that time. Small quarto oblong. (271968) $25.00
41. Goodman Thau, Eveline. Messianismus zwischen Mythos und Macht. Jüdisches Denken in der europaischen Geistesgeschichte. Akademie, 1994. 271 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (270932) $20.00
42. Grimm Bruno. Das Ende der Nationalen Front. Zurich: Verlag der Aufbruch, 1940. 99 pages. Good. Wrapper.
German sponsored Swiss fascist movement of the 1930s and the Government response. with material on the NSDAP also. (270426) $36.00
43. Guang Pan (editor). The Jews in Shanghai. Shanghai Pictorial, 1995. 90 pp. filled with photos and text Refugees in Shanghai during the Shoah In Chinese and English. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (270467) $18.00
44. Halem Otto von Grossberg Carl farben bildern vn. Zwei Jahrhunderte des eisens und Stahls. Westermans Monatshefte, Nov 1935. Sonderabdruck Band 159 heft 951 pp. 205-212 pp. Bauhaus style drawings of machinery covers corners creased. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
After 1933, Grossberg began work on an ambitious series of paintings he called the “Industrial Plan”, depicting Germany’s most important industries, but it was never completed. The following year, he received a commission for a monumental wall painting, to be displayed at an exhibition called “German People-German Work”. A major retrospective was held at the Museum Folkwang in 1935.In August 1939, he was drafted again and sent as an officer to the Polish front. (Wikipedia) (272049) $36.00
45. Haltet das Tor Offen! Hamburg: Trautman, 1931. 30 pp. slight library mark on paste down, with powerful color illustration of worker fighting to keep door open as Nazis and Communsits struggle to close it. Good. Wrapper.
Polemic pamphlet written for workers to be sensible in Hamburg and defeat the Communist and Nazi threats (272326) $40.00
46. Hanusiak, Michael. Lest We Forget. NYC: Self published, 1975. 2nd. 188 pp. number taped to spine and slight library mark on fep. Good condition. Paperback.
On the Nazi and Ukranian murder of Jews during the Holocaust.Filled with exhibits. (272343) $8.00
47. Hegemann, Werner. Entlarvte Geschichte. Prag: Soziologische Verlagsanstalt, 1934. neuasugabe. Sternfeld: Exil Literatur:page 200 200 pp. anti Hitler work. good. Wrapper.
He also wrote political articles and warned against the Nazis, culminating in the book Entlarvte Geschichte (History Unmasked – 1933). He left Germany in May 1933 shortly before his books were burned. Invited by Alvin Johnson, Hegemann taught urban planning at the New School for Social Research in New York beginning in November 1933.[ (270429) $30.00
48. Heusler Andreas. Die Erfahrung des Exils : Vertreibung, Emigration und Neuanfang ; ein Munchner Lesebuch; Studien Zur Judischen Geschichte Und Kultur In Bayern Band 10. De Gruyter , 2015. 345 pp.lacks small piece of lower back cloth cover. Good. Hardcover . (272041) $10.00
49. Heymont, Major Irving. Among the Survivorsof the Holocaust -1945 : The Landsberg DP Camp Letters of Major Irving Heymont,US Army. Cincinnati: Am Jewish Archives, 1982. 12mo 108 pp. good. wrapper. (271895) $45.00
50. Hoffken Bernd. Schicksale judischer Artze aus Nurnberg nach 1933. Metropol, 2014. 456 pp. Individual doctors and their fate under the Nazis, histories of each. Very Good. Hardcover . (271935) $45.00
51. Horkheimer Max. Uber die deutschen Juden vortrag. Koln: Germania Judaica, Mai 1961. 20 pp.slight library mark. Good. Wrapper. (272156) $15.00
52. Huxley-Blythe Peter. The East Came West. Caldwell: Caxton Printers, 1968. 224 pp.some loose pages . good. stiff wrapper.
Concerns Russians who joined the Nazis when they were captured. Betrayal of Russian anti communists during the War. “Russian Liberation Army of Cossacks “ (270424) $26.00
53. Jacobius, Arnold . Carl Zuckmayer; Eine Bibliographie: 1917-1971. Frankfurt: Fischer, 1971. 343 pp. inscribed by Zuckmayer in black pen . Good. Hardback & DJ.
Exile writer (Sternfeld s.566) Spent war in USA (272199) $12.00
54. Jochmann Werner. National sozialismus und Revolution; Ursprung und Geschichte der NSDAP in Hamburg 1922-1933 Dokumente. Europaische Verlag, 1963. 444 pages, dj torn. slight library stamp. Good condition. Hardback & DJ. (270682) $20.00
55. Jordan. Max. Beyond All Fronts: A Bystander’s Notes on This Thirty Years War. Milwaukee: Bruce, 1944. 386 pp.dj torn worked for NBC, inscribed. good. Hardback & DJ.
An attempt to understand conditions in Europe and what happened in Germany. (270428) $20.00
56. Judt Tony. When the Facts Change Essays 1995-2010. Penguin, 2015. 385 pp. Essay on “The problem of Evil in Postwar Europe” and many essays on Israel The Holocaust and the Jews . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (270440) $15.00
57. Kiersch Mary (interviewer). Curtis Bernhardt. NJ: Direcots Guild/Scarecrow, 1986. Interview with important refugee film director. 12mo 191 pp. good. Hardcover . (272186) $12.00
58. Kleiman Yehudit. The Anguish of Liberation:Testimonies from 1945. Yad Vashem, 1995. 64 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272110) $18.00
59. Ladwig Winters Simone. Anwalt ohne Recht – Das Schicksal judischer Rechtsanwalte in Berlin nach 1933. Bra Bra, 2007. 309 pp.slight creases to dj heavy book filled with biographies also of the Lawyers. Very Good. Hardcover . (272316) $30.00
60. Levine Rhonda. Class Networks and Identity; Replanting Jewish Lives from Nazi Germany in Rural New York. Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield, 2001. 240 pages. Very good+. Paperback. (270654) $20.00
61. Levy, Richard. The Downfall of the Anti-Semitic Political Parties in Imperial Germany. New Haven: Yale UP, 1975. 336 pp. slight library marks. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Argues that after a brief dramatic upsurge in the 1890s the anti-Semitic parties declined steadily in parliamentary effect (272173) $10.00
62. Lewin Isaac. Eleh ezkerah : osef toldot kedoshe 700-735. These will I remember! : Biographies of Leaders of Religious Jewry in Europe who perished during the years 1939 1945 Volume 1. Research Institute of Religious Jewry, 1956. 326 pp. dj very torn, In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271970) $36.00
63. Lewisohn, Ludwig (inscribed). Breathe Upon These. Indianapolis: Bobbs Merrill, 1944. 218 pp.dj torn and worn. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Novel of the impact of a refugee family from Nazi Germany and a family of Americans (271972) $16.00
64. Loewy Ernst (redakteur) Society for Exile Studies. Nachrichtenbrief Newsletter. Society for Exile Studies Gesellschaft fur Exilforschung, 1984-1991. Issue nr 1-2, 3, 4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11,, 13; each about 150 pages. Very Good. Wrapper.
Filled with articles (268552) $125.00
65. Loewy Hanno hrsg. Hast du meine Alpen gesehen?”. Eine judische Beziehungsgeschichte. Judisches Museum Hohenems und das Judisches Museum Wien., 2009. 448 pp. Based on an exhibit on Jewish interest in mountain climbing. Very Good. Paperback. (270799) $36.00
66. Mannerheim, G. Muistelmat: Toinen Osa. Helsingissa: Otava, 1952. 525 pp. tears to back strip covers worn and torn. Good. Paperback.
WW2 in Norway. In Norwegian. (272309) $16.00
67. Margolin Julius (IUlii). Povest Yevreyskaya (Jewish Story) : Evreyskaya povest Evreiskaia povestʹ. Tel Aviv: Ben Hor Maaian, 1960. 216 pp.in Russian . Was author o Land of the Ze-ka,. A collection of stories including , Gunder Aviel [a name] Srolik become a nationalist [perhaps a Zionist?] Betar in Vilna, Srolik is eighteen, Meshagola [unclear meaning. not a Russian word], Promise Srolik and Queen Esther, What to do Aliyah Bet do not see the work in worldcator any reference to this work Good. Hardcover .
Margolin was born in Pinsk, West Belarus, then in the Russian Empire. He studied at the Humboldt University of Berlin. Margolin received his doctorate in philosophy in 1929. He then moved to Lodz, Poland and later to Palestine in 1936. Three years later he was visiting his relatives in Pinsk and was trapped there by the Soviet invasion of Poland. Together with numerous other “socially-dangerous elements”, he was rounded up by the NKVD and sent to a labor camp on the northern bank of the Lake Onega. He survived, and was freed in 1945 as a former Polish citizen according to the agreement with Poland. In 1946, he was permitted to return to Poland, from where he moved to Palestine. He immediately started writing Journey to the Land of the Ze-Ka, which was finished in 1947, when Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn had just been sent to the gulag. It was impossible to publish such a book about the Soviet Union in the West at that time, immediately after World War II. The manuscript was also rejected in Israel. An abridged version was published in France in 1949 The book was printed in the United States in 1952 by Chekhov Publishing House (also abridged), and was reprinted in 1975.
In 1951, Margolin was a witness in the trial of David Rousset against a French communist newspaper. The paper was engaged in slander of Rousset for revealing information about the gulag to the French public.(Wikipedia) (267900) $165.00
68. Mathews, Basil. The Jews and World Ferment. NY: Friendship Press., 1935. 185 pp. book plate and embossed stamp tp explores Anti Semitism and plight of the Jews in the world and exposes Hitler’s philosophy. Good +. Hardcover . (272152) $15.00
69. Mazor, Michel. Le Phenomene Nazi (Documents nazis commentes). Paris: Editions du Centre, 1957. 272 pp., slight library markings, sfep. Good +. Hardcover .
By the author of La Cite Engloutie (Souvenirs du ghetto de Varsovie) (272158) $15.00
70. Meyer Michael . The German Jews Some Perspective on their History. Beck: Syracuse, 1991. Rudolph lectures 17 pp. book plate and library mark tp. Very good. Stiff Wrapper. (271909) $16.00
71. Micklem Nathaniel (Mansfield College). National Socialism and the Roman Catholic Church. London: Oxford UP, 1939. 237 pp. slight library mark on pastedown, covers worn. Good +. cloth.
Being an account of the conflict between National Socialist Govt. of Germany and the Roman Catholic Church 1933-1938 (270619) $15.00
72. Miller Sarah. From modern art to “degenerate art” : German culture, politics, and the avant-garde, 1910-48 : a guide to teaching with art from the permanent collection of the Busch-Reisinger Museum. Harvard University Art Museum, 2002. slight library mark tp 205 pp. 24 images and 24 overhead transparencies. Very Good. three ring binder. (271885) $125.00
73. Montefiore I G. The Jews in Germany : facts and figures (no.1 and 2) and The Jews in Germany (no. 3). London: Anglo Jewish Assocaition, 1934+1935. 24+20+28 pp. slight library stamp on tp and number on cover Important documentation of plight of Jews in Germany and specific persecution and discrimination. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (270744) $125.00
74. Nagano, Paul T & Kaufman, A (Bak Samuel). Bak; paintings of the last decade. Aberbach, 1974. 153 pp. dj worn torn Images of the Shoah by survivor artist and commentary. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271915) $27.00
75. Le neo Vichysme, ses organisations, sa presse: Documents. Paris: Comite d’action de la Resistance., 1944?. 24 pp. slight mark on paste down Les Cahiers de la Resistance Nr 5 Good. Wrapper. (270576) $25.00
76. Nippa A. Eine kleine Geschichte der Synagoge aus dreizehn Stadten. Hamburg: Doelling, 1999. 342 pp. includes Strasburg Breslau Salzburg Rotterdam Dresden. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (270807) $20.00
77. Nycop Carl Adam. Die grossen Kanonen Die Geschichte des zweiten Weltkrieges in Kurzbiographien der militarischen Fuhrer. Zurich NY: Europa, 1944. 235 pp. tears to dustjacket spine and covers sfep. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272059) $18.00
78. Orlev Uri. Ruts, yeled, ruts; Run boy run! Keter, 2001. 200 pp. in Hebrew pen writing on pastedown Novel of the extraordinary true story of an orphaned Jewish boy’s experiences in Poland during the Shoah and his survival against all odds. Very Good. Paperback. (271976) $15.00
79. Orlev, Uri. The Lead Soldiers: A Novel. NY: Taplinger, 1979. 234 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
The Holocaust in Poland as seen through the eyes of a child (246404) $10.00
80. Osborne, Sidney. Germany and her Jews. London: Soncino, 1939. 358 pp. bookplate dj torn. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
“Detailed records of 600 German Jewish notabilities,,,utter folly of the Nazi Government’s anti Semitic campaign is therby exposed and the failure of their attempt to overcome these disadvantages is emphasized..” also traces Wagner’s Jewsh ancestry. (261785) $25.00
81. Pike, David. German Writers in Soviet Exile: 1933-1945. Chapel Hill: UNC, 1982. 8vo 448 pp. good. cloth.
Very important work documenting the plight of anti Nazi writers in the Soviet Union and their harsh fate. (270697) $15.00
82. Protocole de la II Conference Juif Mondiale Geneve 5-8 Septembre 1933. Geneve: Congres Juif, 1933. 104 pp. slight library mark on fep and number on spine. Good. Hardcover .
World Jewish Congress delegate discussions on Zionism plight of world Jewry In German French and English with Stephen Wise representing the USA (270439) $65.00
83. Protocole de la III Conference Juif Mondiale Geneve 20-23 Aout 1934. Geneve: Congres Juif, 1934. 128 pp. slight library mark on fep and number on spine. Good. Hardcover .
World Jewish Congress delegates In German French and English with Stephen Wise representing the USA Includes discussion concerning plight of Jews in Germany (270438) $69.00
84. Protocole du Premier Congres Juif Mondial : Geneve, 8-15 Aout 1936. Congres Juif Mondial, 1936. 442 pp. slight library marks , bottom corners simply bumped. Good. library binding.
Jewish World Congress Many speeches from delegates from all over the world, some dealing with emigration and the situation in Germany, In French, German and English. (270437) $65.00
85. Puvogel, Ulrike, text. Gedenkstatten fur die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus: Eine Dokumentation. Bonn: Bundeszentrale fur polit., 1987. Band 245. 12mo 831 pages includes map small book pocket. Good +. Paperback. (270846) $15.00
86. Ragins, Sanford. Jewish Responses to Anti-Semitism in Germany: 1870-1914. Cincinnati: HUC, 1980. 226 pp dj worn tears. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (270613) $10.00
87. Reichmann, Eva. Grosse und Verhangnis deutsch-judischer Existenz; Zeugnisse einer tragischen Begegnung. Heidelberg: Schneider, 1974. 294pp; Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
By author of Hostages of Civilization; important collection of essays on German Jewish life Includes essays on the Shoah (270809) $25.00
88. Rohde Hans-Christian. Wir sind Deutsche mit Judischer Religion – Geschichte der Juden in Eldagsen und Springe, Bennigsen, Gestorf, Volksen. Museum, 1999. 150 pp. includes the Shoah. Very Good. Hardcover . (272249) $25.00
89. Rosen Jonathan (essay) Kaplan Zalman (photographer). Lives Remembered: A Shtetl through a Photographer’s Eye: Photographs by Zalman Kaplan. NY: Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2002. 87 photographs from the 1890s to the 1930s 123 pp. back cover slightly creased. new. Paperback.
Szczuczn in northeastern Poland. (270504) $18.00
90. Rosenfarb Chava. Survivors: Seven Short Stories. Cormorant, 2004. 314 pp. stories taking place all over the world and involve survivors of the Shoah. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272101) $15.00
91. Rosenthal Ludwig. How was it Possible? The history of the persecution of the Jews of Germany from the earliest times to 1933. Berkeley: Magnes Museum, 1971. 83 pp. number taped to spine and slight library mark. good. cloth. (272344) $6.00
92. Rossenwasser Jon. Jews and Gypsies in Germany 1866-1945; Victims of a changing nationalism. self, 1990-92. 100 pp. bookplate and slight library mark tp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
independent research under Gad Beck Berlin JCC, Aleander Dallin Stanford, Prof James Sheehan Wolfgang wippermann (271878) $27.00
93. Salner Peter. The treatment of Jewish themes in Slovak schools. American Jewish Committee, 1999. 26 pp. book plate and library mark tp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
What do children in the postcommunist countries of Central and East Europe learn in the classroom about Judaism, Jewish history, the Holocaust, and Israel? (271873) $27.00
94. Samid Ya’acov. Ha- Gimnasyah ha-ʻIvrit bi-Byalisṭoḳ (Polin), 1919-1939; ( Bialystok Hebrew gymnasium (Poland) 1919-1939). : Eltan Tikshoret, , 1991. 217 pp. In Hebrew with many illustrations. Very Good. Hardcover . (271955) $75.00
95. Sassounian Harut compiled and introduction. The Armenian Genocide: Documents and declarations, 1915-1995. Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee, 1995. 76 pp.bookplate writing tp . Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271892) $17.00
96. Schiff, Hans – Richard Lippold Volk Ulla catalogue by. Hans Schiff photographs, 1925-1965; a catalogue of an exhibition. Farleigh Dickinson University, 1983. 17 pp. exhibition catalog Part of the New Photography movement, includes photos from Nazi era. Very Good. (271933) $25.00
97. Schwabb Hermann. Chachme Ashkenaz: A concise record of the life and work of Orthodox Jewish scholars of Germany from the 18th to the 20th century. mitre press, 1964. 132 pp, includes scholars who fled Nazi Germany and also perished during the Shoah. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272299) $20.00
98. Schwarz Chris (inscribed by). Photographing Traces of Memory: A Contemporary View of the Jewish Past in Polish Galicia. Galicia Jewish Museum, 2006. 187 pp. In English and Polish library stamp on fore edge intro by Jonathan Webber. Very Good. Paperback. (271965) $26.00
99. Schwerpunktthema: Osterreichische Juden nach 1945. Inst. für Zeitgeschichte d. Univ. Wien, 1991. 183-255 pp. five signifigant articles cover and title page creased. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Zeitgeschichte, 18,7/8. (272061) $36.00
100. Sefer Reʼuven Rubinshtain Reuven Rubinstein. Igud yotsʼe Lita be-Yisraʼel,, 1971. 302 pp.+ pictures In Hebrew and Yiddish Friends remembrances of Lithuanian ediotr of Yiddishe Shtimme and Holocaust survivor who made aliyah after the War. Good +. Hardcover . (272103) $30.00
101. Sehn Jan. Oswiecim – Brzezinka (Auschwitz – Birkenau) Concentration Camp. Warsaw: Wydawnictwo Prawnicze, 1961. 168 pp includes map, Good +. Wrapper. (272071) $18.00
102. Serwanski Edward. Zbrodnia Niemiecka W Warszawie 1944 R. Zeznania – Zdjecia. Poznan: Wydawnictwo Inst. Zachodniego, , 1946. 246 pp. + about 15 photos In Polish, reading copy, home made tape repair to hinges so that about 15 pages along side hinges some of the text is not readable,paper yellowing but not brittle. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (272319) $30.00
103. Shmulewitz, I (editor) Bialystok. The Bialystoker Memorial Book: Der Bialystoker Yizkor Bukh. Bialystoker Center, 1982. 205+396 pp. In English and Yiddish, tears to dj, taped dj at base of spine. Good +. Hardcover . (270466) $36.00
104. Skutnik Tadeusz. Stutthof Historic Guide. Gdansk: Krajowa, 1980. 41 pp. In English slight library mark tp. Good. Paperback.
On the Nazi concentration camp. (272161) $15.00
105. Slawomir, Kapralski. The Jews in Poland, Volume II. Judaica Foundation Center for Jewish Culture., 1999. 414 pp. library mark tp and library name on fore edge. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271887) $30.00
106. Sobotko, H., edited by. Lomzshe: ir oyfkum un untergang/ Lomza: In Memory of the Jewish Community.
Sefer zikaron li-kehilat Lomzah. American Committee for Lomzer Pinkos, , 1957. 371 pp. In Yiddish maps on endpapers, Good. Boards.
Memorial Book: (270503) $65.00
107. Sperber Manes. …than a tear in the sea. Bergen-Belsen Association New York , 1967. 89 pp. begins with his essay Hurban or the Inconceivable Certainty xxi pp. then andre Malraux introduction then the novel about the Shoah. Very Good. Hardcover . (272179) $20.00
108. Stankiewicz Edward. My War; Memoir of a Young Jewish Poet. Syracuse, 2002. 160 pp. dj creased . Very Good in VG DJ. Hardback & DJ.
A unique personal account of Jewish life in Eastern Europe during the Holocaust and of a young man’s determination to prevail in the face of utter catastrophe. In this unusual memoir, Edward Stankiewicz stirringly recalls his youth as a Polish Jew beginning with prewar Warsaw through to the Nazi invasion. Life on the run lands Stankiewicz in Soviet-occupied. Lwow where in time he joins the Lwow Literary Club. A friend of Jewish, Yiddish, Polish, and Soviet poets and writers, he offers rare insights into wartime Eastern European intellectual life. After the German occupation of Lwow, in the newly built Jewish ghetto, he works in German military outfits and learns to forge Aryan and German documents to help people escape. In a German uniform he escapes to the Eastern Ukraine where he wanders for several months from town to town. Captured by the Gestapo, he is shipped to Buchenwald where he survives as a Pole. In the camp he manages to produce Polish and German poetry and a play. Some of these poems are reproduced in the book. (270395) $20.00
109. Steinlauf Michael (editor). Polin: Studies in Polish Jewry – Volume 16: Focusing on Jewish Popular Culture and Its Afterlife. Littman, 2003. 602 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (272253) $12.00
110. Steinsweis Alan. Studying the Jew: Scholarly Antisemitism in Nazi Germany. Harvard University Press, 2006. 202 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (270929) $18.00
111. Studia Judaica Austriaca Bd. V. Der Gelbe Stern in Osterreich; Katalog und Einfuhrung zu einer Dokumentation. Eisenstadt: Roetzer, 1977. 134 pp + photos. cover bent book plate and slight library mark includes material on the Anschluss and the Shoah. Good. Wrapper. (272178) $15.00
112. Tabatchnik Mark. J.D.C. Aid for Vocational Training. American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee., 1946. 12 pp. in protective folder and slight library stamp on pastedown. Good +. Wrapper.
Research Department Reports Number 2 ; In Displaced Persons camps and throughout Europe (248485) $36.00
113. Tar, Zoltan. The Frankfurt School: The Critical Theories of Max Horkheimer and Theodor Adorno. NY: John Wiley, 1977. 242 pp.sfep. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (270723) $10.00
114. Tenenbaum-Tamaroff Mordecai . Dappim min haddelekah; pikre-yoman, mikhtavim..Pages from Fire. Yad Vashem, 1990s?. 285 pp. In Hebrew Memoir of the Shoah. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271758) $36.00
115. Theunissen Gert H. Zwischen Golgotha und Auschwitz. Germania Judaica, 1959. about 30 pp. slight library mark. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272157) $23.00
116. Thompson Dorothy. Kassandra spricht. Antifaschistische Publizistik 1932 – 1942, Kiepenheuer, 1988. 294 pp. inscription on tp Thompson actively wrote against warning about the Nazis, expelled from Germany . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (270826) $17.00
117. Thorne Leon. Out of the Ashes. Bloch, 1976. Third Edition. 204 pp. dj slight creases Holocaust memoir of survivor of Janover, Lembrg Ghetto, awas in Drohobycz and Sambor Ghetto, mainatined his religious identity.After War ws member of the Central Committee of Jews from Poland in Lublin, was from 1946-48 rabbi of the survivors in Frankfurt and in 1948 emigrated to USA. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271928) $45.00
118. Ukeles Associates. Special Report Nazi Victims in the New York Area Selected Topics; The Jewish Community Study of New York 2002. UJA, November 2003. 26 pp. slight library mark on paste down, extensive survey of plight of the survivors. Good +. Wrapper. (272351) $18.00
119. US Congress. Displaced Persons in Europe and their Resettlement in the United States Report of a special subcommittee on the Judiciary. USGPO, 1950. 147 pp. back cover creased . Good. Wrapper.
Union Calendar No 627 House Report No 1507 (272291) $36.00
120. Wainrib Simon. Escapes. Modern Memoir, 2005. Holocaust Memoir 207 pp. Describes growing up in Nazi Germany and escaping with family to France and Spain includes dvd . Very Good. Hardcover . (270378) $30.00
121. Wallace Bert. Der Sturm zieht auf: Die Lebenserinnerungen eines deutschen Juden bis zu seiner Flucht 1939. Ahrimann, 1988. 127 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271969) $17.00
122. Waln Nora inscribed by. Reaching For the Stars. cresset, 1939. 326 pp. fore edge slight stains Lived in Nazi Germany during 1934-1938 and detailed description and expose of what is happening and plight of the Jews. Good. Hardcover . (270569) $30.00
123. Warhaftig, Zorach. Uprooted: Jewish Refugees and Displaced Persons After Liberation. NY: Inst of Jewish Affairs, November,1946. 219 pp.,dj slight tears. Good. Cloth.
American Jewish Congress: From War to Peace No.5. Important work. (267205) $48.00
124. Weber, Annette; Friedlander, Evelyn and Armbruster, Fritz, edited by. Mappot …blessed he who comes. The Band of Jewish Tradition since late Antiquity. Mappot …gesegnet, der da kommt. Das Band Jüdischer Tradition seit der Spätantike. Hidden Legacy Foundation, 1997. 223 pp. oblong 8vo. beautiful production . Very Good. Hardcover .
On traditional ritual objects with extensive materials on wimpels. On the world of German Jewry that was lost. (270456) $36.00
125. Webster Nesta. Boche and Bolshevik,: Being a series of articles from the Morning post of London, Beckwith, 1923. 81 pp. some creased pages, new hinges Anti semitic diatribe This is a reprint of the 1923 edition. Good. Paperback. (270573) $18.00
126. Wilhelm Hans Erich. Die Gehrdener Israelitische Synagogengemeinde : Leben und Leiden judischer Mitburger. Hannover: Deutsch-Israelische Gesellschaft, 1992. 112 pp. slight library markings. Good. library binding. (272346) $36.00
127. Wlaschek Rudolf. Judisches Leben in Trautenau/Nordostbohmen; Ein Historiker Ruckblick. Ostmitteuropa, 1991. 74 pages. Very good. Wrapper.
Veröffentlichungen der Forschungsstelle Ostmitteleuropa an der Universität Dortmund. Herausgeber: Johannes Hoffmann. Reihe B – Band 44. (272069) $20.00
128. (Wurtemberg)Dicker, Herman. Creativity, Holocaust, Reconstruction: Jewish Life in Wuerttemberg Past and Present. NY: Sepher Hermon Press, 1984. 234 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Dr.Dicker grew up between the Wars in Stuttgart, the capital city of Wuerttemberg,in south western Germany. Wonderful work on the Jewish community including the devastation of the Shoah. (272586) $5.00
129. your move: Chess in the Art of Samuel Bak. Pucker Gallery, 2003. 28 pp. slight library mark tp Bak uses the Shoah in his imagery. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271896) $32.00
130. Zahn Peter. Hilfe fur Juden in Munchen Annemarie und Rudolf Cohen und die Quaker 1938-1941; Studien Zur Judischen Geschichte Und Kultur In Bayern Die Erfahrung des Exils Band 9. Oldenbourg, 2013. 364 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272040) $20.00
131. Zukerman William. The Jew in Revolt; The Modern Jew in the World Crisis. London: Martin Secker and Warvurg, 1937. 255 pages, slight library mark on fep, white tape mark on spine. Good condition. Cloth.
Explaining the plight of the Jews tto the British public and the need for socialism: Sections include:Fascism-The Passing of the Jewish Problem, The Crime of the British Fascists, Section II- the Third Reich-The Riddle of Nazi Germany, Nazis Solve the Jewish Problem, Section III Zionism and Section IV Socialsim -Towards a new solution of the Jewish Problem (272292) $15.00
132. Zydowski Instytut Historyczny. Kwartalnik historii Zydow. Warsaw: CEEOL, , 2004. 161-320 pp. In Polish filled with scholarly articles library mark on tp, water stains toc over and page bottoms furled. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272128) $18.00