1. Abraham Yehoshua. Bithilat kayits. 1970. Schocken Books, 1972. 59 pp. in Hebrew, dj torn, illustrated by Yigal Tumarkin in style of Heartfield. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272621) $25.00
2. Abraham ben Meïr Ibn Ezra; S J Halberstam. Sefer ha-ʻibur le-ha. R.A.b.ʻE. Lyck: Im Selbstverlage des Vereins M’Kize Nirdamim,, 1874. 11 double pages in Hebrew ex library. Good. Hardcover . (272492) $30.00
3. Abraham Rabbi E (P). Hagadah shel Pesah : Bet Ulpana helek hamishi : … hu tsilum … Agadat Mordekhai [meʼet] Mordekhai Hena ; Minḥat Shai … Twersky, 1959. 157 pp.long pen inscription. Good +. Hardcover .
“Part of this Haggada is a reproduction of the Haggada Agudath Mordecai by Mordecai Henau … printed in the year 1764 in Amsterdam”–Added title page. (272310) $45.00
4. Abramowitz Aaron Solomon. Raʻayone Aharon. New York: 1919. 51 pp. ex library with book plte In Hebrew, sermons. Good. Hardcover . (272514) $20.00
5. Aron Bill. From the Corners of the Earth; Contemporary photographs of the Jewish world. Phil: JPS, 1985. Introduced by Chaim Potok 143 pages . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272908) $20.00
6. Aspects of Landscape : a contemporary photography exhibition. Jerusaem Theatre, 1982. bookplate about 30 pages. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
the Jerusalem Theatre, May 23rd-July 10th, 1982 Works by John F. Brown, Trevor Crone, John A. Davies, Neil H. Folberg, Arthur Freed, Abraham Hay, Beatrice Helg, Paul den Hollander, Klaus-Otto Hundt, David Lyons, Elia Onne, Simcha Shirman, Daniel Wieingrod. (271862) $30.00
7. Avidor Shemuel. Ha Ish Beged HaZarom; Perushot MeToroto Umasechet Hayov Shel Ha Rav Abraham Yitzhak HaCohen Kook. Israel: Orot, 1962. in Hebrew,340 pages, many photographs dj tears . Good condition. Hardback & DJ. (272804) $36.00
8. Avisar Samuel. Teatro ebraico. Nuova academia editrice, , 1957. 436pp. ex library with book plate and pocket in Italian. Good-. Hardcover . (272535) $17.00
9. Avraham Ḳaspe . Astronomy = Astronomye : di greste entdekung fun Sir Ayzak Nyuton. Aroysgegeben fun A. M. Yeṿalenḳo e International Library Publishing Company, c 1900. 67 pp. library pocket taped spine reapired spine. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Caspe was an important Socialist and an editor at the Forverts (272283) $40.00
10. Bar-Asher Moshe editor. Hebrew Language Studies presented to Professor Zeev Ben-Hayyim. Magnes, 1983. 595 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket. Good. Hardcover . (272541) $23.00
11. Bavli Hillel. MaAsaf LeSifrut Yafah Veledivrei Bekorot Sefer Rishon. Berlin New York: Chawerim, 1923. 178 pp. In Hebrew inscribed by Bavli. Good. Hardcover . (272543) $30.00
12. Ben Zvi Institute. Research on Jewish Communities in the Middle East Studies and Reports III. Hebrew University, 1960. 25 pp. In english and about 35 pp in French ex library with pocket essays. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272534) $15.00
13. Berman Lawrence (Eliezer). Ibn Bajah veha-RaMBaM : perek be-toldot ha-pilosofiyah ha-medinit. Hebrew University, 1959. 234, 36 pages top corners very bumped reading copy In Hebrew. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (272425) $30.00
14. Bernfeld Simon. Sefer had-dema”ot : me-‘ora”ot hag-gezerot we-ha-redifot we-has-semadot. 3. Berlin: Eschkol, 1926. 374 pp. In Hebrew Important Rabbi and author. Good. Hardcover . (272544) $30.00
15. Bialik P. Hayim Nahman Bialik: taʻarukhah li-meleʼat meʼah shanah le-huladeto … Chaim Nachman Bialik : exhibition on the centenary of his birth. Jewish National and University Library, 1972. 74 pp. ex library with plate and pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272476) $25.00
16. Bleich Herman introduction. Proceedings of the Symposium on the Jewish press: why? : past, present, future. Published by Nieuw Israelietisch Weekblad, 1985. 80 pp. eight essays ex library with pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272404) $24.00
17. Blumenfeld Simon. The Iron Garden. Doubleday Doran, 1936. 311 pp. covers worn Novel of Jewish Youth in the Big City. Good. Hardcover . (272807) $15.00
18. Bontempi Franco. La nuova Comunita: Presenza ebraica a Brescia in eta moderna e contemporanea. Brescia: Societa per lo studia della storia ebraica, 2008. 259 pp. slight library marks. Good +. Paperback. (272424) $15.00
19. Brandeis Louis assisted by Josephine Goldmark. Women In Industry; Decision Of The United States Supreme Court In Curt Muller Vs. State Of Oregon, Upholding The Constitutionality Of The Oregon Ten Hour Law For Women And Brief For The State Of Oregon. National Consumer League, 1908. 113 + 8 pp. ex library with markings, title page torn and with embossed library stamp, last page torn also, internally in good condition scarce item in original. Good. library binding. (272806) $45.00
20. Canadian Jewish Congress, Seventy years of Canadian Jewish Life. CJC, 1989. 130 pp. + about 100 pp. of ads ex library with markings and book plate. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272376) $18.00
21. Cassuto Umberto ; Biblioteca apostolica vaticana, P. Codices vaticani hebraici Tomus 1, codices 1-115. Bbibliotheca Vaticana, 1956. 199 pp. tape removed from spine internally clean. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Bybliothecae apostolicae Vaticanae codices manu scripti recensiti; Bibliothecae apostolicae Vaticanae codices manu scripti recensiti. (272397) $175.00
22. Catalog. Hebraica. Jerusalem: Bamberger and Wahrmann, 1939+ 1940. catalogue 19 87 pp. catalog 23 72 pp.library pocket library boards. Good. library binding. (272659) $40.00
23. Catalog. Hebraica Alef-Mem,Nun-Tet(Hasefirah shel HaAkademia Lemudei HaYehudut BeBerlin ). Jerusalem: Bamberger and Wahrmann, 1936. catalogue 11+ 13 130 pp. in two parts, catalogue 15 Hasefirah shel Zvi Karp 44 pp. catalog 17 92 pp.library pocket library boards. Good. library binding. (272658) $40.00
24. Chiel Rabbi Arthur. B’nai Jacob One Hundred Years 1882-1982. Woodbridge Ct: B’nai Jacob, 1982. 144 pp. + 100 pp. of ads impressive shul and history filled with photos and images. Very Good. Hardcover . (273119) $55.00
25. Coalition to Free Soviet Jewry. Press Releases. CFSJ, April 1973-April 1988. about 150 pp. amazing original documentation slight library marks. Good. library binding.
Formerly Greater New York Conference on Soviet Jews (272852) $136.00
26. Cohen Rabbi Edward. Jewish Cemeteries of Five Counties of Connecticut. The Cohen/Goldfarb Collection, Volume 2. Heritage Books. 208 pp. ex library with markings spine scotch taped This volume covers Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, Tolland and New London Counties. New Haven County and Fairfield County are represented but not complete; and as of now, the authors have found no Jewish cemeteries in Windham County. This data is presented in an alphabetical, columnar format. The information includes cemetery (in a coded format), row, name, maiden name (or other bits of information such as age or place of birth), date of death, date of birth, parents and spouse. Good. Paperback. (270095) $25.00
27. davis moshe. Sabato Morais: A Selected and Annotated Bibliography of His Writings. ajhs, 1947. reprint 93 pp.inscribed by Davis book plate and library mark on tp. Good. library binding. (272660) $15.00
28. Delegacion de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas. Informativo DAIA. Buenos Aires : Delegacion de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas, Jan 1973- Dec 1974. about 18 issues ; each issue about 15-20 pp., slight library mark on cover . filled with articles about Jewish life in Argentina and Anti Semitism et.al. Issues are very scarce . Good +. Wrapper.
DAIA (Delegación de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas) is the umbrella organization of Argentina’s Jewish community. As such, it represents the community in official events and conducts its contacts with authorities. DAIA is the Argentine affiliate of the Latin American Jewish Congress and World Jewish Congress (WJC), the world-wide umbrella organization of Jewish communities. (272854) $125.00
29. Dickson Jacob P. The new children’s primer : containing elements of Hebrew reading, arranged in systematic and progressive exercises for the use of schools and private tuition : to which is added a selection of prayers and blessings with their English translation. London: Dickson, 1903. 131 pp. ex library with pocket could use tightening taped spine. Good-. Hardcover . (272521) $25.00
30. Dolgopolski, Sergey. What is Talmud? The art of disagreeing. Fordham, 2009. 334 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272780) $17.00
31. Eisner, Pavel. Franz Kafka and Prague. NY: Golden Griffin, 1950. 100 p. Very Good- in VG DJ. Hardback & DJ.
An imaginative but firmly rooted study of Kafka’s fraught connection to Prague, with photos of the city. A beautifully designed DJ by Ladislav Sutnar. Modest shelf-wear to boards / fore-edges. tears and creases along crown of spine (272507) $20.00
32. Electoral Reform in Israel. Tel Aviv: Beth Hillel, Society for Social Research, 1953. 32 pp. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272524) $24.00
33. Eskenasy Victor. Izvoare si marturii referitoare la evreii din Romanie. Volume I; Sources and Testimonies on Jews in Romania. Hasefer, 1986. 162 pp. with underlining and annotation by Moshe Carmilly-Weinberger. In Romanian. Embossed stamp on title page. documents from 16th and 17th centuries. Very Good. Hardcover .
Federation of Jewish Communities in Romania (272713) $45.00
34. Esselin Joseph. Poems by Alter Esselin. Interface, 1968. 65 pp. inscribed by the translator Important American Yiddish poet includes inserts of the celebration of his life in Milwaukee . Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272347) $18.00
35. Feder Richard. Zivot a odkaz. Praha: Council of Jewish Religious Oganizations, 1976. 271 pp. dj tears In czech Biography of Czech Rabbi. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272366) $36.00
36. Feldman Louis. Studies In Judaica: Scholarship On Philo And Josephus (1937-1962) . Yeshiva, 1962. 621 pp. ex library with markings. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272408) $10.00
37. Fruchtman Maya . ניבון אריאל : ניבים, פתגמים ואמרות מחיי האדם, ערוכים על־פי נושאים; Nivon Ariʼel : nivim, pitgamim ṿa-amarot me-ḥaye. Korim, 2001. 319 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272622) $25.00
38. Gebr. Levisson firma D. Proops Jz (P). Auctions-catalog Reshemat Sefarim. Amsterdam: Gebr. Levisson firma D. Proops Jz, , 1900s. 82 pp.slight library marks white lettering on spine not clear whose library is being auctioned may be Wijnkoop continued . Good. library binding. (272867) $34.00
39. Gebr. Levisson firma D. Proops Jz (P). Auctions-catalog אהל יוסף , enthaltend : eine reichhaltige Sammlung Hebraischer und Judischer Bucher, Handschriften, Portraits u.s.w. … vornehmlich aus dem Nachlasse des Ehrw. Herrn Rabbiners J.D. Wijnkoop, Privat-docent an der Universitat in Amsterdam : versteigerung von 13 bis 20 Juni 1911 im Gegenwart des Herrn Notars J. Compris, durch die Buchhandlung Gebr. Levisson firma D. Proops Jz. Amsterdam: Gebr. Levisson firma D. Proops Jz, , 1911. 101 pp.slight library marks white lettering on spine. Good. library binding. (272865) $48.00
40. Goldberg Lea. On Unity of Man and Nature in the Wrtigins of Tolstoy in Hebrew. Magnes, 1959. 32 pp.In Hebrw slight library mark tp in library binder. Good. library binding. (272662) $18.00
41. Goldschmidt E D. Haggadah shel Pessach ve-Toledoteyah}. The Passover Haggadah. Its sources and history, with the complete text of the traditional Haggadah, the most ancient Haggadah from the Cairo Geniza and sample pages of manuscript and printed Haggadot in reproduction. Bialik, 1969. 144 pp. Illustrations in the text and 40 plates. In Hebrew, Good. Hardcover . (272280) $23.00
42. Goldschmidts M. Poetiske Skrifter; Udgivne af Hans Son: Forste Bind. Kjobenhavn: Gyldendalske, 1896. 443 pp. leather. spine worn. decorated boards. Good. Boards.
Important Scandanavian Jewish writer (272783) $30.00
43. Goldstein Judith inscribed by. The Politics Of Ethnic Pressure: The American Jewish Committee Fight Against Immigration Restriction (European Immigrants and American Society). Garland, 1990. 350 pp.in early 1900s. Very Good. Hardcover . (273148) $65.00
44. Grade Chaim. The Yeshiva and Masters and Disciples Two Volumes. Bobbs Merrill, 1976 and 1977. First Printing. Two volumes: Volume One lacks dj volume Two has dj that is worn and sunned with slight chips, Volume One is signed by Grade In English and volume two is signed in English and inscribed in Yiddish and signed in Yiddish by Grade in 1978 Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
“The monumental, two-volume novel Tsemakh Atlas (1967–1968; translated as The Yeshiva) is Grade ‘s richest work about the Musar world and its attempt to shape the ethical personality. Through the memorable character of Tsemakh Atlas, a tortured teacher of Musar who is trapped between its self-abnegating demands, the enticements of the secular world, and his own elemental desires, readers enter a universe of high religious ideals, intellectual and moral debate, and intense spiritual struggle.” From The YIVO Encyclopedia of Jews in Eastern Europe edited by Gershon Hundert pp. 626 (272550) $135.00
45. Green esther editor. Edut BeYhosef – Rabbi Dr. Yosef Green Festschrift . Essays Presented to Rabbi Dr. Yosef Green On the Occasion of his Eightieth [80th] Birthday. Jerusalem: 2008. 199 + 132 pp. in English and Hebrew, pen inscription on end paper library stamp on fore edge. Very Good. Hardcover . (272620) $18.00
46. Greenberg, Betty. The Jewish Home Beautiful. NY: Nat Women’s League, 1958. Includes recipes. standard book in the 1950s for the home. crown and base bumped. 135 pp. Good. Hardcover . (272340) $10.00
47. Hebrew Manuscripts From the Palatine Library of Parma: Exhibition. Jewish National and University Library, 1985. 107 pp.cover creased in English and Hebrew, ex library with markings and book plate. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272384) $17.00
48. Hourani George Averroes. Kitab fasl al-maqal, with its appendix (Damima) and An extract from kitab al-Kashf ‘An manahij al-Adilla. Brill, 1959. 19 + 56 pp. English and Arabic with library markings and white titles on spine. Good. library binding. (272421) $36.00
49. Huisman George Foreword by P. Abraham Goldberg Images. Tel Aviv: Joshua Chahik, 1950s?. 1 portfolio (12 unnumbered pages, 8 leaves of plates) : Text in English and Hebrew. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Has been called the “Jewish Rembrandt.” (272418) $100.00
50. Kahn Susan et al. Jewish Women from Muslim Societies Speak A Program Guide. Hadassah Institute, 2003. 45 pp. seven essays. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272873) $28.00
51. Kalman Ruthie. Amos Oz : bibliography of his books and their translations (1965 – October 1995). Ben Gurion Univ, 1995. 30 pp. in Hebrew and English ex library with pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272431) $25.00
52. Kaplan Yosef. From Christianity to Judaism : The Life and Work of Isaac Orobio de Castro In Hebrew. Magnes, 1982. 463 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover . (272287) $20.00
53. Kapliwatsky, Jochanan. Arabic Language and Grammar; Part 1-Part 4. Jerusalem: Rubin Mass, 1940-1947. .in 4 parts, ex library with markings amd bookplate, hinges shot on a few volumes, need binding, reading copies paper quality good . Good-. Boards.
This is absolutely a reading copy (272500) $95.00
54. Katsh Abrahm. Torat ha-yah’asut shel Aynshtayn/ Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. Tel Aviv: 1937. 80 pp.ex library with book plate and title on spine in white. Good. Hardcover . (272491) $25.00
55. Katz Ruth. Sweet and Sour In Hebrew. Tamar, 1980. 189 pp. ex library with markings and pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272450) $18.00
56. Kau Leo. The story of Radical Reform Judaism. Los Angeles: 1951. 52 pp. tears to covers mimeographed monograph. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272446) $15.00
57. Kirschenblatt-Gimblett, Barbara. Writing a Modern Jewish History: Essays in Honor of Salo Baron. Jewish Museum/Yale, 2006. 127 pp six essays includes Ariel segel Susannah Heschel BarbaraKirschenblatt-Gimblett, Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272506) $10.00
58. Kohn Roger. Preliminary Inventory t Yeshiva University Records 1895-1970. Yeshiva University Archives, 1985. 100 pp. pocket at back. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272563) $23.00
59. Krantz, Philip. Himel un Erd: Astronomye far’n Folk: Fikse Shtern, vandernde shtern, kometen, falende shtern, di Zon, di Lebne, di Erd/ Heaven and Earth: Astronomy for the People. Forverts The Forwards, 1918. 542 pages. library pocket and taped spine. Good. Hardcover . (272282) $15.00
60. Krau B P. Sefer Vitebsk. Former Residents of Vitebsk, 1957. 506 half pages ex library with pocket and plate. Very Good-. library binding. (272395) $125.00
61. Leaf Reuben. Hebrew Alphabets: 400 BC to Our Days. Reuben Leaf, 1950. 69 + 20 pp. In English and Hebrew beautiful work of typography. Good +. spiral bound. (272318) $95.00
62. Lebeson Anita. The Sentinel’s History of Chicago Jewry, 1911-1961. Senitel, 1961. 256 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket. Good. library binding. (272412) $23.00
63. Levitas Isaac. The story of the Milwaukee Jewish community. Bureau of Jewish Education, 1954. 38 pp. mimeograph new covers bound in Hebrew style left to right. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272529) $36.00
64. Lichtenberg I N. The Widow’s Son: A Story of Jewish Life of the Past. Maccabean Publishers, 1884. 342 pp. decorated blue covers, tears and wear to cover, tears to crown and base of spine . Good-. Boards.
Novel where a 17th century Jewish boy in the Rhine Valley overcomes harassment and attempt to convert him and ultimately emerges as a count and local governor. Part of the story is a conversion story in reverse. (Harap The Image of the Jew in Early American Literature) (272470) $15.00
65. Lichtenfeld Gabriel Judah. Yedi’ot ha-si-urim: kolelot medidat ha-qawim, ha-setahim weha-gufim (17 luhot nehoset). warsaw: Rothera, 1865. 192 pp.+ 17 pp. of diagrams ex library with book plate covers worn title on spine in white letters. Good. Boards. (272494) $95.00
66. List of works relating to the history and condition of the Jews in various countries. New York Public Library, 1914. 278 pp. ex library with markings and taped spine, extraordinary assortment. Good. Hardcover . (272383) $45.00
67. Lublinski, Moses Samuel. Num ex Finibus Periphericis Nervorum Sensiferorum Sensualitatis Aliquid in Nervos Motorios Redundet. Berlin: Nietackianis, 1845. 29 p. + Vita (2p.) Foxed throughout, inscription on fep in Yiddish, tears to backstrip . Good. Boards.
PhD Thesis defended before Zuch, Heinzelmann and Jacobson at Friedrich Wilhelm Univ. (272295) $25.00
68. Manasseh ben Israel; Lindo Elias Hiam . The conciliator of R. Manasseh ben Israel : a reconcilement of the apparent contradictions in Holy Scripture, to which are added explanatory notes, and biographical notices of the quoted authorities. London: Duncan and Malcolm, 1842. 312+ 336 pp.Boards worn, corners bumped, discoloration to covers and crown of spine, wear to crown of spine, hinges repaired, v. 1. The Pentateuch.–v. 2. The prophets and hagiography. Good. Boards. (272808) $155.00
69. Maoz Rivka P. Taʻarukhat Perets Smolenskkin : bi-meloʼt meʼah ve-ḥamishim shanah le-huladto; Perez smolenskin exhibition : on the 150th anniversary of his birth. Jerusalem: Jewish National and University Library, 1992. 50 pp. ex library with book plate In Hebrew. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272478) $25.00
70. Markus de Finckler Raquel; Samuel Yecutieli Bicaco. Una historia, dos paises : la saga de la familia Yecutieli Cohen. : Publicaciones de la Gobernacion del Estado Aragua, 2008. 219 pp large 8vo. dj torn. In spanish and Hebrew Sephardic family history from Jerusalem to Venezuela, filled with photos many in color and family stories. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272632) $150.00
71. McCagg, William Jr. Jewish Nobles and Geniuses In Modern Hungary. Boulder: East. European Quarterly, 1972. 254 pp.slight library mark large book plate of foremer owner dj very t orn. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
East European Monograph 3; (272743) $18.00
72. Mendele Mokher Sefarim : reshimat ketavav ṿe-igrotav le-hatkanat mahaduratam ha-akademit; Mendele Mokher Sepharim, bibliography of his works and letters for the academic edition. Magnes, 1965. 60 pp. covers creased ex library with pocket. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272430) $28.00
73. Mifalot Elkim. Lvov: 1872. 128 pp ,hinges taped, title page slight tears and worn, name of owner in Hebrew on tp, pages slightly misnumbered, heart drawn on cover. some pages slight stains tears, Good. Boards.
advice on healing used by Baal Shem (272322) $65.00
74. Miller Arnold. The Jewish Community in Natal. Durban: [United Communal Fund, 1981. 103 pp. slight library marks taped spine. Good. Hardcover . (272411) $25.00
75. Mondry Henrietta. Exemplary Bodies: Constructing the Jew in Russian Culture, 1880s to 2008. Academic Studies, 2009. 301 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
(Borderlines: Russian and East European-Jewish Studies) (272547) $20.00
76. Morse Godfrey (chairman). Second Annual Report of the Federation of Jewish Charities of Boston July 1 1896 to May 1 1897. Boston: Rockwell, 1897. 52 pages,lacks title page and last few pages , Officers of various Jewish charities and organization. Good condition. Wrapper. (272307) $20.00
77. Morse Godfrey (chairman). Third Annual Report of the Federation of Jewish Charities of Boston 1899. Boston: Rockwell, 1899. 50 pages,numbers on cover and tp tears to cover,some creased pages, Officers of various Jewish charities and organization. Good condition. Wrapper. (272308) $25.00
78. Naveh Penina editor P. Kol shire Yaʻaḳov Fransis The poems of Jacob Frances : [1615-1667]. Bialik, 1969. 589 pp.in Hebrew ex library with pocket and book plate. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272545) $36.00
79. Paret R hrsg. Orientalistische Studien Enno Littmann zu seinem 60. Geburtstag am 16. Sept. : 1935 uberreicht von Schulern aus seiner Bonner und Tübinger Zeit. Brill, 1935. 156 pp. ex library with markings taped spine eleven essays Hebrew and Semitic studies. Good. Hardcover .
He served as a Professor of Oriental languages at the Universities of Gottingen (1914–16), Bonn (1918-21) and Tubingen (1921–49). (272381) $47.00
80. Priestley Joseph. Letters to the Jews inviting them to An Amicable Discussion of the Evidences of Christianity. Birmingham: Pearson and Rollason, 1787. Second Edition. 56 pp. and 6 pp,catalogue of books. Good. Wrapper.
Priestley was an important 18th century theologian. Priestley, who strongly believed in the free and open exchange of ideas, advocated toleration and equal rights for religious Dissenters, which also led him to help found Unitarianism in England. The controversial nature of Priestley’s publications, combined with his outspoken support of the French Revolution, aroused public and governmental suspicion; he was eventually forced to flee in 1791, first to London and then to the United States, after a mob burned down his Birmingham home and church. He spent his last ten years in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania.(Wikipedia) (272306) $325.00
81. (Printing) Moshe Nathan Rosenfeld. Jewish printing in Wilhermsdorf. Rosenfeld, 1995. one of 500 copies 250 pp. + 20 pp. pp. ex library with book plate and pocket and markings and taped spine. Very Good-. Hardcover .
Jewish printing in Germany (272403) $125.00
82. (Printing) Friedberg Ch. B. Toldot ha-dfus ha-ʻivri be-polanya : me-reshit hivasdo bi-shnat 294 ve-hitpatḥuto ʻad zmanenu = History of Hebrew typography in Poland from the beginning of the year 1534, and its development up to our days. Tel Aviv: 1950. 195 pp. ex library with stamps and tape on spine. Good. Hardcover .
Reference work contains an extensive history of Jewish printing in Poland organized by cities listed in alphabetical order. Contains entries for 58 cities. Also contains short biographies of noted printers. (275248) $85.00
83. (Printing) Halevy Shoshana. Ha-Sefarim ha-Ivriyim she-nidpesu bi-Yerushalayim ba-hamishim ha-shanim ha-rishonot: 601-651 (1841-1891)/ The Printed Hebrew Books in Jerusalem During the First Half Century (1841-1891). Mekhon Ben Tsevi, 1963. 202 pp. ex library with markings and taped spine. Good. Hardcover . (272379) $25.00
84. (Printing) Katsh Abraham. Catalogue of Hebrew manuscripts preserved in the USSR this selected list contains microfilms and photostats from the Baron David Guenzberg collection … from the Friedlander collection … and from the Antonin and Firkowitsch collections …/ aquired (on microfilm) by Abraham I. Katsh Part 1. New York University, 1957. 62 pp mimeograph .new covers with title copied in middle. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272432) $125.00
85. (Printing) Loewe Herbert. Catalogue of the printed books and of the Semitic and Jewish mss. in the Mary Frere Hebrew library at Girton College, Cambridge. Girton College, 1916. 37 pp. library mark tp in library binder. Good. library binding. (272661) $20.00
86. (Printing) Martelli, Valeria Antonioli . Manoscritti biblici ebraici decorati provenienti da biblioteche italiane pubbliche e private. Edizioni dell’Adei-Wizo, , 1966. 101 pp.+ 36 plates, ex library with book plate and pocket . Good. Stiff Wrapper. (275253) $25.00
87. (Printing) Moshe Nathan Rosenfeld. Jewish printing in Karlsruhe : a concise bibliography of Hebrew and Yiddish publications, printed in Karlsruhe between 1755 and 1840, including a listing of Judaica until the year 1899 based on public & private collections and genizah discoveries. Rosenfeld, 1997. one of 500 copies 141 pp. ex library with book plate and pocket and markings and taped spine. Very Good-. Hardcover .
Jewish printing in Germany, vol. 2 (272402) $125.00
88. (Printing) Tibon Eliezer (P). ספר, העתון והדפוס : [מגוטנברג ועד ימינו] / ha-Sefer, ha-ʻiton ṿeha-defus. Sifriyat poʻalim, 1960. 277 pp. In Hebrew ex library with book plate,tape on spine. Good. Hardcover . (275247) $42.00
89. (Printing)Freimann Aron editor. Thesaurus typographiae hebraicae saeculi XV : Hebrew painting during the fifteenth century. Supplement to part I. Universitas, 1967-69. 36 pp. ex library with pocket, covers torn large 8vo. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (272532) $36.00
90. Rabbinic Fellows Parashah Commentaries (P). JTS, 2003. 64 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272317) $20.00
91. Resnick Irven. Marks of Distinction: Christian Perceptions of Jews in the High Middle Ages. Catholic University, 2012. 384 pp. library mark on fore edge. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272623) $27.00
92. Rilke Shenhar Y translator Avigdor Arikha illustrator. משא אהבתו ומיתתו של הקורנט כריסטוף רילקה; Maśaʼ ahavato u-moto shel ha-ḳorne.t Kristof Rilḳeh. Tarshish, 1952. 68 pp. gifted inspired illustartions by Arikha cover creased Designed by Moshe Spitzer. Good +. Stiff Wrapper.
Die Weise von Liebe und Tod des Cornets Christoph Rilke. (272528) $65.00
93. Rischin Moses (editor). The Jewish Legacy and the German Conscience; Essays in Memory of Rabbi Joseph Asher. Judah Magnes Museum, 1991. 357 pages; includes Refugee Rabbinate by Karl Richter, The Art of German Jews by Ziva Amishai Maisels, Remnants of Judeo German by Werner Weinberg, America Bound: Wissenschaft in England by David Dalin, The end of the Science of Judaism in Germany bt Herbert Strauss. As new. Hardback & DJ.
Excellent collection of essays; includes Refugee Rabbinate by Karl Richter, The Art of German Jews by Ziva Amishai Maisels, Remnants of Judeo German by Werner Weinberg, America Bound: Wissenschaft in England by David Dalin, The end of the Science of Judaism in Germany by Herbert Strauss (261192) $15.00
94. Robinson H. ספר צהר : בו יבאו, מאמרים ספרותים, שירים, הארות והערות על ענינים דתים ולאמים /; Tsohar, or light : being a collection of essays, comments, expositions of the Bible, as applied to contemporary times. Springfield Ma: Loring, 1902. 55 + 58 pp. in English and Hebrew with portrait ex library with pocket hinge starting. Good. Hardcover . (272549) $40.00
95. Rosen Sherry . The Israeli corner of the American Jewish community. American Jewish Committee, 1993. 25 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272875) $25.00
96. Schaefer Camillo. When stones start to speak…Archaeology on Judenplatz Square. City of Vienna, 1997. 48 pp. center of Vienna’s old Jewish ghetto. Good. Wrapper. (272505) $10.00
97. Schiffer Feiwel. Toldot Napoleʼon : mi-yom ledato ʻad yom moto … Historya Napoleona. Warsaw: Bi-defus Yoel Lebenzohn,, 1857. 60 pp. In Hebrew library marks library pocket new boards and spine . Good. Boards. (272284) $125.00
98. Schoenaich Freiherr von. Palästina. Eine Fahrt ins gelobte Land. Halberstadt: 1926. 126 pp. ex library with pocket and some pencil scribbles reading copy. Good. Hardcover . (272285) $17.00
99. Sefer refuot : …asher nimtsa bi-khetav yad… Lemberg: Ba-defus shel Yaakov Meshulam Nik, 1882. 12 pp, In Hebrew in Rashi script, end paper torn, book plate, lacks spine, boards worn. Good. Boards.
Cures and natural remedies (272321) $65.00
100. Seri Shalom editor P. Masa le Teman vi Yehudeha In Hebrew; A journey to Yemen and its Jews. ʻAmutah “Eʻeleh be-tamar”, 1991. 230 pp slight library mark and taped spine In Hebrew . filed with color photos of Yemen and its Jewry. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Beautiful book (272414) $150.00
101. Shapiro Harvey P. Cultivating a relationship between North American Jews and Israel. HUC JIR, 1996. 415 pp. library marks and taped spine Ph.D. theses . Very Good. Hardcover . (272410) $45.00
102. Shenhod Shlomo. Shiray Khakal Tapukhin (Kabbalistic Poems). Hamenora, 1973. 204 ppIn Hebrew . ex library with markingsbookplate and pocket. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272656) $18.00
103. Sheskin Ira. How Jewish communities differ : variations in the findings of local Jewish population studies. CUNY, 2001. 206 pp. ex library with markings. Very Good-. Hardcover . (272394) $15.00
104. Silber Dr. Mendel introduction. Prospectus of the library of Ephraim Deinard at New Orleans, La., also a list of Jewish antiquities depicting the “History of religion” In Hebrew. Moinester, 1926. 40 pp. In Hebrew with illustrations ex library with taped spine, spine worn covers worn. Good-. Hardcover . (272415) $45.00
105. Simon Leon . Essays on Ancient Greek Literature In Hebrew. Magnes, 1951. 153 pp. In Hebrew ex library wit plate hinge started. Good. Hardcover . (272480) $15.00
106. Slesar, Henry and Crawford, Mel. Kosher Comics #101. Parallax Comic Books,, 1966. about thirty pages bottom of spine bumped. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (272654) $25.00
107. Speizman, David (P). Survival: An Autobiography. Graham, 1983. 83 pp. Jewish immigrant success story in the textile business in New York and Pennsylvania. Very Good. Perfect-bound. (275704) $32.00
108. Steinberg I N Editor. Freeland : periodical of the Freeland League for Jewish Territorial Colonization. Freeland League, 1954-1961. fourteen random issues to settle Jews in sparsely settled areas of the world . Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Erich Fromm was on the editorial board, ernst Simon wrote for the paper. The philosophy was to decentralize power and to have a binational state with the Arab population in Israel based on work of Magnes and Buber, not to bec ome a militaristic power. (272443) $165.00
109. Surowitz Louis. Remembering Hastings Street Growing up in the 1920s. Sherwood, 1992. 144pp. growing up in Jewish Detroit. Very Good. Paperback. (272637) $10.00
110. Sutzkever, Abraham. Burnt Pearls: Ghetto Poems of Abraham Sutzkever. Mosaic, 1981. 51 pp.covers worn intro by Ruth Wisse translated by Seymour Mayne scarce title Poems written in Vilna during the Shoah . Good. Stiff Wrapper. (272303) $75.00
111. Szir Miriam editor. Slownik polsko-hebrajski three volumes. Kitve Et Muvharim, 1975. 2013 pp. in three volumes ex library with book plates and pockets reading copies. Good-. Hardcover . (272420) $75.00
112. Tipuse manhigut bi-tekufat ha-Mikra: yom iyun le-regel melot shemonim ve-hamesh shanim le-David Ben-Guryon, 3 de-Hanukah 732./ Types of Leadership in the Biblical Period: A Study Conference in Honour of the Eighty-Fifth Birthday of David Ben-Gurion Held 15 December, 1971. Israel Academy, 1973. 68 pp. In Hebrewex library with pocket. Good. Hardcover . (272479) $10.00
113. Weinryb B. Be-resit has-sosializm hay yehudi: A.S. Liberman bene doro u-zemano; In the beginnings of Jewish socialism : A.S. Liebermann, his time and contemporaries. Mass, 1940. 106 pp In Hebrew,. ex library with book plate and pocket and taped spine, hinge starting. Good-. Hardcover. (272536) $47.00
114. Yaari Abraham P. צרור אגרות יל“ג אל מרים מארקל–מאָזעסזאָהן; A bundle of letters from YLJ to Miriam Markel-Mazeszahn. Jerusalem: Darom, 1937. 41 pp, dj torn In Hebrew Markel Mazeszahn was an important Hebraist of 19th century with groundbreaking work. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
The letters of Judah Loeb Gordon to Miriam Markel-Mosessohn. Edited by Abraham Yaari. (272523) $40.00
115. Yidn in Ukraine/ Jews in the Ukraine Volume One. Gezelshaft tzu Fareibikn der Ondenk fun Ukrainer Yidn, 1961. 342 pp In Yiddish . ex library with markings book plate hinge starting. Good. Hardcover . (272396) $23.00
116. Yovel Yirmiyahu. Spinoza and other Heretics: Volume One and Volume Two The Marrano of Reason and The Adventures of Immanence. Princeton, 1989. 225+ 244 pp. djs a bit worn , slight foxing to top of fore edge. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272636) $32.00
117. Zaar Isaac editor. The Vanguard A magazine of progressive Jewish life. Vanguard, 1927-1928. Volume 1 issues 1-6 , slight library marks filled with reports and articles on Jewish life. Very Good. library binding. (272633) $36.00
118. Zago Manrique. Pioneers in Argentina, The Jewish Immigrants. Manrique Zago Ediciones, 1982. 216 pp. ex library with markings In Spanish and English large book filled with pictures. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272380) $20.00
119. zarhi Say. Hatsaʻah le-seder : Hagadah shel Pesaḥ–masoret ve-hidush : be-tseruf beʼur rahav, ha-Hagadah ha-kibutsit, tosafot li-vehirah ṿe-hatsaʻot le-hanhayat ha-seder; A proposal for the Seder. Miskal, 2000. 144 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (272311) $25.00
120. Zilberszlag Icchak Eisig Silberschlag inscribed by . Tehija utechija baszira Tehiyah u-tehiyah ba-shirah : masot. Warsaw: Grafia, 1938. 196 pp. In Hebrew ex library with pocket needs tightening back cover creased On Jewish music. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (272520) $46.00