Dear Friends and Colleagues:
It is now seventy five years since the “liberation” of Auschwitz. And the catastrophe, the destruction of European Jewry. Sorrow and remembrance are pervasive.
The parading of the diplomats at Yad Vashem with promises of “Never Again” tears at the heart since we find ourselves in a world filled with genocide. Those pledging vigilance are at times themselves complicit by their actions, or inactions.
In Poland the remembrance was centered on the few remaining survivors and their stories–and a recognition that Anti-Semitism is very present in the world.
What was necessary also was a profound silence and words of prayer.
Better still to present the thriving Jewish communities around the world that persevere with images of the families of survivors; the children, and grandchildren.
May we go from strength to strength in our commitments.
Hazak ve shalom,
1. Alpert, Nachum. The Destruction of Slonim Jewry: The Story of the Jews of Slonim During the Holocaust. NY: Holocaust Library, 1989. 377 pp. Very Good-. Paperback. (274149) $16.00
2. Arad, Yitzhak. Ghetto in Flames; The Struggle and Destruction of the Jews in Vilna in the Holocaust. Holocaust Library, 1982. 500 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (274208) $34.00
3. Aster, Howard. Jewish Ukranian Relations: Two Solitudes; New Revised Edition. Oakville: Mosaic Press, 1987. Revised Edition. 92 pp. Very Good +. Paperback.
Historical study (275132) $10.00
4. Avigdor Isaac. From Prison to Pulpit Sermons for All Holidays of the Year and Stories from the Holocaust. Horv, 1979. Trained in Poland yeshivot, survived five years in Mauthausen, Sermons relate to his experiences of suffering during the War and the maintenance of his faith. Became important Rabbi in the USA. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274226) $15.00
5. Baldwin, Peter (editor). Reworking the Past: Hitler, the Holocaust, and the Historians’ Debate. Boston: Beacon Press, 1990. 308 pp.dj torn . good. Hardback & DJ. (274192) $16.00
6. Banasiewicz, Czeslaw (compiler and editor). The Warsaw Ghetto: Drawings by Josef Kaliszan. NY: Yoseloff, 1968. large 8vo 110 pp. sfep, dj torn. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
includes 40 drawings.Divided into four sections of ten paintings: The Exodus, The Ghetto, Ghetto Fighting, Massacre. (275149) $25.00
7. Bartoszewski, Wladyslaw. The Warsaw Ghetto: A Christian’s Testimony. Boston: Beacon Press, 1987. 12mo 117 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (274218) $12.00
8. Bauer Yehuda. The Jewish Emergence from Powerlessness. Univ of Toronto, 1979. 89 pp, Includes chapter on Rescue attempts in negotiating with the Nazis, the emergence of Zionism and State of Israel. Very Good. Paperback. (275944) $15.00
9. Baumel, Judith. Unfulfilled Promise: Rescue and Resettlement of Jewish Refugee Children in the United States, 1934-1945. Denali, 1990. 228 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (274202) $22.00
10. Beckman, Morris. The Jewish Brigade: An Army with Two Masters 1944-45. NY: Sarpedon, 1998. 159 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Palestinian soldiers fighting with the British during the War. (274296) $10.00
11. Berenbaum, Michael. The Holocaust and History: The Known, The Unknown, the Disputed and the Reexamined. Bloomington: USHMM/Indiana UP, 1998. Fifty four scholarly essays. 8vo 836 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (274164) $20.00
12. Berger, Alan. Children of Job: American Second Generation Witnesses to the Holocaust. Albany: SUNY, 1997. 241 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Two trends exploring the particularist and the universalist, also studies the theological and literary legacy. (274195) $12.00
13. Bernbaum, Israel. My Brother’s Keeper: The Holocaust Through the Eyes of an Artist. Putnam, 1985. 64 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Drawings of the Warsaw Ghetto. (274316) $20.00
14. Biale, David. Power and Powerlessness in Jewish History. NY: Schocken Books, 1988. 12mo 244 pp. Slight tears to dj. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Radical reinterpretation of Jewish history, attacks the myth of Jewish passivity (275131) $12.00
15. Blatter, Janet and Sybil Milton. Art of the Holocaust. NY: Rutledge Press, 1981. 272 pp.small book plate. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Over 350 artworks created in ghettos, concentration camps, and in hiding by victims of the Nazis.Important reference work (274450) $25.00
16. Bloch Joshua. Nazi Germany and the Jews; An annotated bibliography. AJC, 1936. 41 pp bookplate ex library with markings. Good. Wrapper.Reprinted from AJYB 5697 (275320) $12.00
17. Blum, Howard. Wanted! The Search for Nazis in America. NY: Quadrangle, 1977. 8vo 254 pp.dj chipped. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275185) $9.00
18. Bor, Josef. The Terezin Requiem. London: Heinemann, 1963. 112 pp.dj torn owner stamp . Good. Hardback & DJ.
Homage to the memory of the conductor Raphael Schachter and the 500 artists who performed Verdi’s Requiem at Terezin. (274194) $15.00
19. Breitman. Richard. FDR and the Jews. Harvard University Press, 2013. 433 pp. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274198) $18.00
20. Bryks, Rachmil (inscribed by). Al Kiddush Hashem Sippurim (Sanctification of Gods Name Novel). HaDoar, 1970. 176 pp. in Hebrew, seems to be expanded edition in Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover .
Memoir of the Lodz Ghetto and Auchwitz death camp. (261471) $65.00
21. Bryks, Rachmil. Kiddush Hashem. Behrman, 1977. 113 pp contains Cat in the Ghetto. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Memoir of the Lodz Ghetto and Auchwitz death camp. (275115) $15.00
22. Bukiet, Melvin Jules. After: A Novel. NY: St. Martin’s Press, 1996. 8vo 384 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Novel of survivors after the War and their schemes with the black market. By author of While Messiah Tarries. (274213) $15.00
23. Burstin, Barbara. After the Holocaust: The Migration of Polish Jews and Christians to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh, 1989. 219 pp. tape on spine . Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275113) $10.00
24. Cargas, Harry. When God and Man Failed: Non Jewish Views of the Holocaust. Macmillan, 1981. 238 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (276252) $20.00
25. Cargas, Harry James (editor). Voices from the Holocaust. Denver: Stonehenge, 1981. 12mo 203 pp.slight library mark and number on spine. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
collection of essays (275098) $10.00
26. Cesarani, David. Arthur Koestler: The Homeless Mind. NY: Free Press, 1998. 8vo 646 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Controversial biography of author of Darkness at Noon. Explores the meaning of his Jewishness and his anti fascist work. (262559) $10.00
27. Cohen, Elie. The Abyss: A Confession. NY: Norton, 1973. 111 pp . Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
By the author of Human Behavior in the Concentration Camp. Personal account of his survival in the camp and reasons. (274157) $12.00
28. Curiel, Roberta. The Ghetto of Venice. NY: Tauris Parke, 1990. 176 pp. beautifully illustrated large work. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275126) $18.00
29. Davidson, Eugene. The Nuremberg Fallacy: Wars and War Crimes Since World War II Why the UN and the Nuremberg Doctrines do not keep the peace. NY: Macmillan, 1973. 5th. 330 pp.owner stamp on free end papers and discard written in pen on paste down. Good. Hardback & DJ. (274196) $12.00
30. Davis, Mike. Late Victorian Holocausts; El Nino Famines and the Making of the Third World. Verso, 2001. 464 pp. Very Good +. Hardback & DJ. (275120) $12.00
31. Dicker, Herman. Piety and Perseverance: Jews from the Carpathian Mountains. NY: Sepher Hermon, 1981. 225 pp. Good. Paperback.
Includes chapters on the Holocaust and the aftermath (275207) $15.00
32. Dicks, Henry. Licensed Mass Murder: A Socio-Political Study of Some S.S. Killers. Sussex University, 1972. 283 pp. dj worn and slightly chipped. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275760) $23.00
33. Dobroszycki, Lucjan, (editor). The Chronicle of the Lodz Ghetto 1941-44. New Haven: Yale, 1984. Day by day reports of life in the Ghetto. Documents. 8vo 551 pp. dj torn. Good. Hardback & DJ. (275687) $10.00
34. Dorian, Emil. The Quality of Witness: A Romanian Diary: 1937-1944. Phil: JPS, 1982. Roumanian Jewish Doctor’s diary. 8vo 350 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (265947) $9.00
35. Eisner, Will. The Plot; The secret story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Norton, 2005. introduction by Umberto Eco 148 pages . Very good condition. Hardback & DJ.
told in the form of a graphic novel (275964) $17.00
36. Elon, Amos. Journey through a Haunted Land: The New Germany. Holt, 1967. 259 pp. Good. Hardcover . (274159) $10.00
37. Epstein, Benjamin, translator. Thomas Masaryk and the Jews: A Collection of Essays. NY: Pollak, 1941. 283 pp. number 31/100 patron edition spine torn and along sides of spine endpaper stained. good. cloth.
Masayryk was ,founder of the Czech Republic and a defender of the rights of his Jewish citizens. (275199) $18.00
38. Epstein, Leslie. King of the Jews. N.Y.: Coward, McCann and Geoghegan, 1979. 8vo 350 pp. Very Good-. Hardback & DJ.novel of IC Trumpelman head of the Judenrat and tragic decisions (274178) $5.0
39. Ericksen, Robert (editor). Betrayal: German Churches and the Holocaust. Fortress Press, 1999. 224 pp. slight library marks. Very Good. Paperback. (275104) $10.00
40. Etty, Hillesum. An Interrupted Life; The Diaries of Etty Hillesum. New York: Pantheon, 1983. Introduction by J. G. Gaarlandt, translation by Arno Pomerans. Very Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275121) $15.00
41. Evans, Richard. In Hitler’s Shadow : West German Historians and the Attempt to Escape from the Nazi Past. Pantheon, 1989. 195 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274156) $12.00
42. Evans, Richard. Lying about Hitler: History Holocaust and the David Irving Trial. NY: Basic Books, 2001. 318 pp. Ex-library with bookplate. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (274250) $10.00
43. Faching, Darrell. Narrative Theology after Auschwitz : From Alienation to Ethics. Fortress, 1992. 198 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (274158) $12.00
44. Farmer, Sarah. Martyred Village: Commemorating the 194 Massacre at Oradour sur Glane. Berkeley: Univ. of Cali, 1999. 300 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Site of Nazi massacre of 642 men women and children. Today set up as a monument to French suffering under the Nazis. (275168) $10.00
45. Feldman, Egal. The Dreyfus Affair and the American Conscience 1895-1905. Wayne State, 1981. 187 pp. Very Good-. Hardback & DJ. (275173) $12.00
46. Fink, Ida. A Scrap of Time. Pantheon, 1987. 166 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.A collection of stories of Poland during the Holocaust.Fink, was hidden in Poland during the War,emigrated to Israel in’67. (274397) $12.00
47. Fleming, Gerald. Hitler and the Final Solution. Berkeley: Univ. of California, 1984. 219 pp. dj chipped. Very Good in Good DJ. Hardback & DJ.
Study that proves that the Final Solution was deliberately designed and personally willed and ordered by Hitler (274248) $10.00
48. (French Jewry) Bredin, Jean Denis. The Affair: The Case of Alfred Dreyfus. NY: Braziller, 1986. 628 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Comprehensive, sensitive and balanced account of the Dreyfus Affair. (275301) $15.00
49. (French Jewry) Adler, Jacques. The Jews of Paris and the Final Solution; Communal response and internal conflicts, 1940-1944. N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 1987. 310 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275156) $10.00
50. (French Jewry) Burns, Michael. Dreyfus: A Family Affair: 1789-1945. NY: Harper, 1991. 8vo 576 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
History of the family spanning six generations, from the French Revolution to the Vichy regime. (275195) $9.00
51. (French Jewry) Chapman, Guy . The Dreyfus Case; A Reassessment. London: Rupert Hart Davis, 1955. 399 pp. library stamp fep and pen writing. good. Hardback & DJ. (275194) $12.00
52. (French Jewry) Chapman, Guy. The Dreyfus Trials. NY: Stein and Day, 1972. 1st. 282 pp. scholalry work. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (275172) $9.00
53. (French Jewry) Cobb, Richard. French and Germans: Germans and French: A Personal Interpretation of France under Two Occupations 1914-1918/ 1940-1944. Hanover: UPNE, 1983. 188 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (275174) $18.00
54. (French Jewry) Cohen, Richard. The Burden of Conscience: French Jewry’s Response to the Holocaust. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1987. 237 pp.dj tears. Very Good-. Hardback & DJ. (275176) $10.00
55. (French Jewry) Curtis, Michael. Verdict on Vichy: Power and Prejudice in the Vichy Regime. Arcade, 2002. Octavo in dust jacket, xx, 419 pp., maps, b/w illustrations, fate of some of the collaborators, select bibliography, notes, index . Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275157) $10.00
56. (French Jewry) Friedman, Lee. Zola and The Dreyfus Case: His Defense of Liberty and Its Enduring Significance. Beacon, 1937. 61 pp.+ appendix dj torn and worn beautifully produced work. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275180) $23.00
57. (French Jewry) Goldman, Pierre. Dim Memories of a Polish Jew born in France. NY: Viking, 1975. 230 pp. good. Hardback & DJ.
son of Resistance fighters during the War, he took on a life of crime in the 1970s-his story (275165) $15.00
58. (French Jewry) Gordon, Bertram. Collaborationism in France During the Second World War. Cornell, 1980. 393 pp. dj creased. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
The acceptance of fascism as an ideology and the pro Axis groups working in France (275167) $16.00
59. (French Jewry) Halasz, Nicholas . Captain Dreyfus: The story of a mass hysteria. NY: Simon & Schuster, 1955. 275 pp. dj very torn. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275201) $10.00
60. (French Jewry) Hoffman Robert. More Than a Trial: The Struggle over Captain Dreyfus. Free Press, 1980. 247 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275161) $10.00
61. (French Jewry) Hyman, Paula. From Dreyfus to Vichy: The Remaking of French Jewry: 1906-1939. NY: Columbia, 1989. 338 pp. dj chipped. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (275160) $12.00
62. (French Jewry) Josephs, Jeremy. Swastika Over Paris–The Fate of the Jews in France. New York: Arcade Publishing, 1989. 192 pp.well researched. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (272441)
63. (French Jewry) Levy, Claude. Betrayal at the Vel d’Hiv. NY: Hill and Wang, 1969. 12mo 283 pp. , dj chipped. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.The roundup of the non French Jews during the German occupation.Important work. (275166) $22.00
64. (French Jewry) Lewis, David. Prisoners of Honor: The Dreyfus Affair. Morrow, 1973. 345 pp. scholarly work. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275181) $10.00
65. (French Jewry) Lindemann, Albert. The Jew Accused: Three Anti-Semitic Affairs: Dreyfus, Beilis, Frank: 1894-1915. NY: Cambridge, 1993. 301 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275171) $15.00
66. (French Jewry) Lottmann, Herbert. The People’s Anger: Justice and Revenge in Post Liberation France. NY: Hutchinson, 1986. 329 pp. Very Good-. Hardback & DJ. (275158) $15.00
67. (French Jewry) Malino Frances and Wasserstein Bernard (editors). The Jews in Modern France. Brandeis, 1985. 348 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275179) $20.00
68. (French Jewry) Marrus, Michael & Paxton, Robert. Vichy France and the Jews. NY: Basic Books, 1981. 8vo 432 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (275483) $10.00
69. (French Jewry) McKay Donald (editor). The Dreyfus Case by the Man Alfred Dreyfus and his son: Pierre Dreyfus. New Haven: Yale UP, 1937. 8vo 300 pp. Good. Hardcover . (275177) $15.00
70. (French Jewry) Miller Arthur. Incident at Vichy. Penguin, 1985. 70 pp. Roundup of Jews in Vichy France and the response lives of the arrested. Very Good. Paperback.
Howard Taubman called it the most important play of its time (275163) $7.00
71. (French Jewry) Paleologue, Maurice. An Intimate Journal of the Dreyfus Case. Criterion Books, 1957. 317 pp. dj torn bookplate. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Liaison between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Army during the Dreyfus Affair (275196) $10.00
72. (French Jewry) Pryce-Jones, David. Betrayal: France, The Arabs and the Jews. NY: Encounter, 2006. 169 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (275162) $12.00
73. (French Jewry) Schechter, Betty. The Dreyfus Affair: A National Scandal. Houghton, 1965. 257 pp. covers worn. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275178) $10.00
74. (French Jewry) Szajkowski, Zosa. Jewish Education in France: 1789-1939. NY: Columbia, 1980. 8vo 66 pp. Very Good. Hardcover.
Jewish Social Studies Monograph Series: Number 2 (275170) $15.00
75. Friedenson, Joseph. Heroine of Rescue: The incredible story of Recha Sternbuch who saved thousands from the Holocaust. Brooklyn: Mesorah, 1984. 320 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Working from Switzerland, this observant Jewish woman worked against the authorities to rescue Polish Jewry . (276186) $15.00
76. Friedlander, Judith. Vilna on the Seine; Jewish Intellectuals in France Since 1968. New Haven: Yale, 1990. 249 pp. Very Good +. Hardback & DJ.
“A daring and original way of bringing together two disparate worlds of modern Jewish history.” –Benjamin Harshav (275492) $7.00
77. Furet, Francois. Unanswered Questions -Nazi Germany and the Genocide of the Jews. NY: Schocken, 1989. 392 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (266252) $8.00
78. Gelman, Charles (inscribed by). Do Not Go Gentle; A Memior of Jewish Resistance in Poland, 1941-1945. Archon, 1989. 226 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275123) $15.00
79. Gerhart, Eugene. America’s Advocate: Robert H. Jackson. Bobbs Merill, 1958. 544 pp. dj torn 140 pp. dealing with Nuremberg and War and the Rule of Law. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
New Deal Advocate, Supreme Court Justice, Nuremberg prosecutor (272964) $23.00
80. Goldberg, Izaak. The Miracles versus Tyranny, The Fight for Life and Death between the Jewish People and the Nazis. Philosophical Library, 1978. 590 pp. dj worn and torn. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274148) $17.00
81. Grossman, Mendel. With a Camera in the Ghetto. Tel Aviv: Ghetto Fighter’s House, 1970. unpaginated, about 30 pp. extraordinary photos, in Hebrew, interesting to compare translation to English edition, small bookplate on fep. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Photos taken in the Lodz Ghetto. (275671) $15.00
82. Gruber, Ruth. Haven; The Unknown Story of 1000 World War II Refugees. Coward, 1983. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275777) $15.00
83. Grusa, Jiri. Franz Kafka of Prague. Schocken, 1983. 125 pp. filled with illustrations, ex library with pocket, back cover creased. Good +. Paperback. (275673) $15.00
84. Hass, Aaron. In the Shadow of the Holocaust: The Second Generation. Ithaca: Cornell, 1990. 12mo 180 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Psychological study of the children of Holocaust survivors. (274190) $15.00
85. Henderson, Neville. Failure of a Mission Final Exposure of Hitler. Hodder, 1940. 318 pp..fore edge foxed some staining. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Henderson was British Ambassador to Nazi Germany from 1937-1939 (275022) $20.00
86. (Herman) Noren, Catherine Hanf. The Camera of My Family: The 100 year album of a German Jewish Family. NY: Knopf, 1976. Oblong 8vo 240 pp. dj torn and worn, wear along edges of cover. good. Hardback & DJ.
Photos and momentos of five generations from their lives in Germany before the turn of the century to the American presence. (275674) $15.00
87. Hilberg, Raul. The Destruction of the European Jews. Quadrangle, 1961. Fourth Printing. 790 pp. Good-. Hardcover . (274339) $45.00
88. Hirshaut, Julien. Jewish Martyrs of Pawiak. NY: Holocaust Library, 1982. 252 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
Prison used by the Nazis to torture and kill Polish underground workers and Jews hiding on the Aryan side. (274209) $10.00
89. Hitler, Adolf. My Battle. Houghton Mifflon, 1933. Previous owner’s name in pen on fep. Cover and title worn, still legible. Good. Hardcover . (275796) $60.00
90. Hoffman, Eva. Shtetl: The Life and Death of a Small Town and the World of Polish Jews. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1997. 267 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Study of Bransk in Eastern Poland, based on the documentary Shtetl (274451) $7.00
91. Kahane, David. Lvov Ghetto Diary. Massachusetts, 1990. 160 pp. Slight wear to corners of dj. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274298) $15.00
92. Kaplan, Alice. The Collaborator: The Trial and Execution of Robert Brasillach. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago, 2000. 8vo 308 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
French writer who collaborated with the Nazis: his trial, execution and afterlife as a martyr for French rightists. (248939) $10.00
93. Kaplan, Alice. The French Lessons: A Memoir. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago, 1993. 216 pp. her autobiographical journey to discover her roots and as a Jew and grapple with De Man as collaborator and the meanings of fascism bildungsroman. Very Good-. Hardback & DJ. (275981) $10.00
94. Kaplan, Harold. Conscience and Memory: Meditations in a Museum of the Holocaust. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago, 1994. 213 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (274189) $6.00
95. Karski, Jan. Story of a Secret State. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1944. 391 pp. dj torn and worn. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
By the man who was courier between secret state in Poland and exile Polish government in London. Details existence of concentration camps and destruction of Jewry. (275807) $10.00
96. Katz, Robert. Black Sabbath; A Journey Through A Crime Against Humanity. Macmillan, 1969. 396 pp. dj creased. Concerns the RAZZIA. The roundup of the Jews of Rome by the Nazis in 1943. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274334) $15.00
97. Katz, Robert. Death in Rome. NY: Macmillan, 1967. 334 pp. The Nazi reprisal murder of hundreds in the Ardennes caves for a partisan attack in Rome. Pope Pius it is claimed did not act to intervene 12mo . Good +. Hardback & DJ. (275306) $15.00
98. Keller, Ulrich (editor). The Warsaw Ghetto In Photographs 206 Views Made in 1941. Dover, 1984. 130 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (274731) $15.00
99. Kirschner, Robert, (translator and notes by). Rabbinic Responsa of the Holocaust Era. NY: Schocken Books, 1985. 192 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274160) $12.00
100. Kovaly, Heda. The Victors and the Vanquished. NY: Horizon Press, 1973. 275 pp. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Details her survival of Auschwitz and the Communist rule of Czechoslovakia , the Slansky Trial and execution of husband R. Margolius. (276174) $10.00
101. Laqueur, Walter. Thursday’s Child Has Far to Go: A Memoir of the Journeying Years. NY: Scribner, 1992. 8vo 418 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Scholar’s journey from Breslau to Palestine to Wiener Library. Portrait of Jewish life in 20th century. (275198) $15.00
102. Lawler, Justice (editor). Anti-Semitism / Middle East / Feminism. Continuum, 1990. 210 pp. Many articles concerning the Holocaust. Very Good. Paperback/Periodical. (274234) $12.00
103. Lesser, Jeffrey. Welcoming the Undesirables Brazil and the Jewish Question. Californi, 1995. 280 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (275208) $15.00
104. Liptzin, Solomon. Germany’s Stepchildren. Phil.: JPS, 1944. 2nd. 298 pp. dj torn. Good +. cloth.Chapters on Schnitzler, Rathenau, Lessing, Wassermann, Zweig, etc. (274976) $7.00
105. Mackness, Robin. Massacre at Oradour. Random House, 1988. 165 pp. Nazi massacre of most of the villagers of this remote village in sw France. Mackness was compelled to determine the reasons for the massacre. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275169) $15.00
106. Malle, Louis. Au revior les enfants & Lacombe, Lucien. faber and faber, 1989. 159 pp. About children being hidden during the Holocaust. Very Good. Paperback. (274240) $10.00
107. Mazor, Michel. The Vanished City: Everyday Life in the Warsaw Ghetto. NY: Marsilio, 1993. 12mo 188 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (274207) $7.00
108. Metzger, Therese. Jewish Life In The Middle Ages. Alpine, 1982. 315 pp. Filled with color illustrations. Coffee table-type book. In a box. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275672) $20.00
109. Minear, Richard . Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel. New Press, 1999. 272 pp. sfep. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275965) $18.00
110. Morgenstern, Soma. The Third Pillar. Philadelphia: JPS, 1955. 151 pp.torn dj bookplate. good. Hardback & DJ.
Refugee author. Important allegory of the Holocaust. Under appreciated work (258313) $10.00
111. Naumann, Bernd. Auschwitz: Bericht uber die Strafsache gegen Mulka u.a. vor dem Schwurgericht Frankfurt. Frankfurt: Athanaeum, 1965. 552 pp. slight library mark on fep and spine. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (276131) $15.00
112. Nelson, Christine. Drawing Babar: Early Drafts and Watercolors. Morgan Library, 2008. 164 pages. A comprehensive study of the composition of the first book by each of Babar’s two authors father and son Jean and Laurent de Brunhoff complete with over two hundred color photographs of manuscript drafts and drawings, transcriptions of all preliminary and final French text along with English translations, and two illustrated essays that provide the cultural context of one of the most successful children’s series of all time. Very Good. Paperback. (257098) $25.00
113. Newman, Louis. A “Chief Rabbi” of Rome Becomes a Catholic; A Study in Fright and Spite. Renascence, 1945. 253 pp. Dj torn, repaired with scotch tape. Story of Israel Zolli and his role during the Nazi occupation of Rome, his hiding with a Catholic family, descension by the Rome Jewish Community over his conduct and his apostasy to Catholicism. Issues of his relationship with the Gestapo discussed. Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274065) $18.00
114. Nicosia, Frank. The Third Reich and the Palestine Question. NJ: Tauris, 2000. 319 pp. Lacks free end paper. Very Good. Hardcover . (274246) $15.00
115. Niger, S. Kidush ha-Shem: a zamlung geklibene, oft gekirtste barikhtn, briv, khronikes, tsavoes, oyfshriftn, legendes, lider, dertseylungen, dramatishe, stsenes, eseyen, vosmoln. oys mesires-nefesh in undzere un oykh in frierdike tsaytn/ Kiddush Hashem (Martyrdom): A Selection of testimonies, chronicles, letters, wills, inscriptions, poems, legends, stories, dramatic sketches and essays pertaining to Jewish martyrdom in our and bygone days. CYCO, 1948. 1102 pp. spine worn. Good. Hardcover . (275027) $12.00
116. Patai, Raphael. Apprentice in Budapest: Memories of a World that is No more. Salt Lake City: Univ of Utah, 1988. 8vo 526 pp. dj chipped. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Growing up Jewish in Hungary in the 20th century and leaving in late 1930s. Moving work. (275217) $12.00
117. Payney, Robert. The Life and Death of Trotsky. McGraw, 1977. 498 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274200) $15.00
118. Pell, Jospeh. Taking Risks: A Jewish Youth in the Soviet Partisans and His Unlikely Life in California. Magnes, 2004. 228 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (274263) $15.00
119. Potter, Lou (inscribed by). Liberators Fighting on Two Fronts in World War II. HBJ, 1992. 304 pp. African-Americans fighting in the war. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274733) $15.00
120. Ramati, Alexander. The Assisi Underground: The Priests who Rescued Jews. NY: Stein and Day, 1978. 8vo 181 pp.dj chipped. Good. Hardback & DJ. (276332) $15.00
121. Roiphe, Anne. A Season for Healing: Reflections on the Holocaust. NY: Summit, 1988. Examines the impact of the Holocaust on Jews and their relationship to their faith and to the Christian world. 12mo 220 pp. Very Good in Good DJ. Hardback & DJ. (274245) $10.00
122. Rothkirchen Livia (editor). Yad Vashem Studies, Volume VIII. Yad Vashem, 1970. 231 pp dj torn. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274204) $12.00
123. Rurup, Reinhard (editor). Topography of Terror: Gestapo, SS and Reichssicherhitshauptamt on the ‘Prinz Albrecht Terrain’ A Documentation. Berlin: Arenhovel, 1995. 236 pp. top corners bumped . Good +. wrapper. (274252) $15.00
124. Saidel, Rochelle. The Outraged Conscience: Seekers of Justice for Nazi War Criminals in America. Albany: SUNY, 1984. 246 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (274249) $10.00
125. Scholder, Klaus. A Requiem for Hitler: and other new perspectives on the German church struggle. Phil: Trinity Presss, 1989. 203 pp. good. Paperback. (274162) $10.00
126. Shawcross, William. The Quality of Mercy; Cambodia, Holocaust and Modern Conscience. Simon & Schuster, 1984. 462 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274243) $12.00
127. Shermer, Michael and Grobman, Alex. Denying History: Who Says the Holocaust Never Happened and Why do they say it? Berkeley: Univ of Calif, 2000. 312 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
A study of the Holocaust denial movement. Trying to understand their motives and refuting their arguments (274191) $10.00
128. Shifrin, Avraham. The First Guidebook to Prisons and Concentration Camps of the Soviet Union. Bantam, 1980. 391 pp. Good. Paperback. (274168) $15.00
129. Singer, P.E. They Did Not Fear. NY: Beechhurst Press, 1952. 250 pp. good. Hardback & DJ.
Documentary novel of Viennese Jewish partisan fighter during the Shoah. (275798) $10.00
130. Sokolsky, George. We Jews. NY: Doubleday,Doran and Co, 1935. 304 pp. Covers worn. Good. Cloth.
Explains Judaism and different attitudes and policies towards the Jews throughout the world (275769) $10.00
131. Solomon, K. (assistant director) reprint. KZ Bildbeicht aus funf Konzentrationslagern. American Office of War Information/Crawford Witness, 1945/1983. Reprint. Reprint of the original Governement Document. 47 pp. 27 pages in German 10 pages in English 10 pages in Spanish (translations) Photographs of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps. Horrific images and explanatory text. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Witness to the Holocaust Project series #5 reprint (274315) $47.00
132. Spalek, John (editor). Lion Feuchtwanger: The Man His Ideas His Work; A collection of critical essays. Hennessey, 1972. 328 pp. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Constituting the first attempt in any language to present a comprehensive view of the achievement of Lion Feuchtwanger, a man frequently described as the most important German historical novelist of the 20th century. The 18 contributors to this work, all specialists in this area of German literature, deal with the important aspects of the man and his literary output, including the theoretical writings as well as the novels and dramas. (from the blurb) (276173) $10.00
133. Survivors Speak Out. Gefen, 1989. 96 pp. about t 40 presentations, inscribed by Hana Greenfield one of the survivors. Good +. Hardcover . (274165) $15.00
134. Sweets, John. Choices in Vichy France: The French Under Nazi Occupation. NY: Oxford UP, 1986. 306 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (275484) $10.00
135. Syrkin, Marie. The State of the Jews; An Evolving Account of the Jewish Experience Since the Holocaust. New Republic, 1980. 368 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274229) $15.00
136. Szaluta, Jacques (inscribed by). Petain For and Against. Vantage, 1973. 62 pp. dj creased. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275164) $18.00
137. Szpilman, Wladyslaw. The Pianist. Picador, 1999. 212 pp. A memoir of someone who survived the Shoah playing piano for a nazi officer. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274215) $12.00
138. Trepman, Paul. Among Men and Beasts. NY: Yoseloff, 1978. 230 pp., Dj creases slightly. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Describes the start of the War, life in Warsaw, the Warsaw Ghetto and survival through internment in six camps. (274217) $12.00
139. Troper, Harold. Old Wounds; Jews Ukranians, and the Hunt for Nazi War Criminals in Canada. UNC, 1989. 433 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274267) $15.00
140. Tushnet, Leonard. The Uses of Adversity: Studies of Starvation in the Warsaw Ghetto. NY: Thomas Yoseloff, 1966. 1st. 108 pp. Very Good in good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ. (274211) $18.00
141. Vaksberg, Arkady. Stalin Against the Jews. NY: Knopf, 1994. 308 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Includes material on the Jewish Anti fascist Committee and the Holocaust. (274201) $10.00
142. Webster, Paul. Petain’s Crime: The Full Story of French Collaboration in the Holocaust. Chicago: Ivan Dee, 1990. 225 pp. Very Good-. Hardback & DJ. (275491) $8.00
143. Weinberg, Jeshajahu. The Holocaust Museum in Washington. NY: Rizzoli, 1995. 200 pp. Very Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275659) $20.00
144. Whiteman Dorit bader. Escape via Siberia: A Jewish Child’s Odyssey of Survival. NY: Holmes and Meier, 1999. 219 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
From Poland to Siberia to Tashkent to Persia to Pakistan and finally to Palestine with 900 Jewish children during WW2 (275740) $30.00
145. Wiesenthal, Simon. Justice Not Vengeance. Grove Weidenfeld, 1989. 371 pp. Describes the life of Simon Wiesenthal and how he brought so many Nazi war criminals to justice. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274242) $10.00
146. Wise, James and Lee Levinger. Mr. Smith, Meet Mr. Cohen… Reynal, 1940. 180 pp. Explaining what Judaism is to a Christian in light of world events. Good. Hardcover . (274227) $15.00
147. Witlock, Flint. Given Up For Dead; American GI’s in the Nazi Concentration Camp at Berga. Westview, 2003. 283 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (274223) $10.00
148. Wortsman, Peter (inscribed by). A Modern Way to Die; Small Stories & Microtales. Fromm, 1991. 220 pp. Inscribed. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275122) $15.00
149. Wykert, John (preface). The Book of Alfred Kantor. NY: McGraw Hill, 1971. 20+128 plates dj torn writing on fep internally clean. good. Hardback & DJ.
Drawings of the camps by a survivor of Terezin, Auschwitz and Schwarzheide. In color (253565) $15.00
150. Zayas, Alfred De. The Wehrmacht War Crimes Bureau, 1939-1945. Nebraska, 1989. 363 pp. Cover creased. Good +. Paperback. (274286) $10.00
151. Zeldis-Mcdonough, Yona; Zeldis, Malcah. Anne Frank. Friedman, 1996. 91 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (275802) $25.00