1. Anderson Mark (editor). Hitler’s Exiles: Personal Stories of the Flight from Nazi Germany to America. NY: New Press, 1998. 354 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Excellent collection of stories. (258621) $9.00
2. Bajohr Frank. Aryanization’ in Hamburg: The Economic Exclusion of Jews and the Confiscation of Their Property in Nazi Germany (Monographs in German History). Berghahn, 2002. 344 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (269565) $45.00
3. Bangerter Lowell. The Bourgeois Proletarian: A Study of Anna Seghers. Bonn: Bouvier Verlag, 1980. 206 pp. good. Hardcover .
Author of the Seventh Cross, fled Nazi Germany and spent war in Mexico, (264869) $12.00
4. Bar-On, Dan. Fear and Hope: Three Generations of the Holocaust. Cambridge: Harvard, 1995. 250 pp. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
The ways the traumatic experience of the Holocaust has been transmitted from one generation to the next.Different approaches (237736) $25.00
5. Bathrick David et al (editor). Germans and Jews Special Issue 1 Germans and Jews. New German Critique, Winter 1980. 180 pp. Number 19 many articles on the Holocaust. Good +. Paperback. (269314) $30.00
6. Bauer, Yehuda. Jews for Sale? Nazi Jewish Negotiations, 1933-45. New Haven: Yale, 1994. First Edition. 8vo 306 pp. New. Hardback & DJ. (269583) $10.00
7. Bauer, Yehuda. They Chose Life: Jewish Resistance in the Holocaust. NY: American Jewish Committee, 1973. 60 pp. Good. Wrapper. (244682) $15.00
8. Benz Wolfgang. The Holocaust: A German Historian Examines the Holocaust. NY: Columbia UP, 1999. 8vo 186 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (229017) $15.00
9. Benz, Wolfgang (editor). Encyclopedia of German Resistance to the Nazi Movement. NY: Continuum, 1997. 8vo 354 pp. new. Hardcover . (237727) $10.00
10. Berkley George. Hitler’s Gift: The Story of Theresienstadt. Branden, 1993. 306 pp. tear at base of spine. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261934) $12.00
11. Bernadac, Christian. Women’s Kommandos. Ferni 1978. 308pp. Fine/As new. Decorated Cloth. (218328) $12.00
12. Bessel Richard and Schumann Dirk (editors). Life after Death, Approaches to a Cultural and Social History of Europe During the 1940s and 1950s. Cambridge, 2003. 364 pp. fourteen essays. Very Good. Hardcover .
This collection of essays offers a novel approach to the cultural and social history of Europe after the Second World War. In a shift of perspective, it does not conceive of the impressive economic and political stability of the postwar era as a quasi-natural return to previous patterns of societal development but approaches it as an attempt to establish ‘normality’ upon the lingering memories of experiencing violence on a hitherto unprecedented scale.(from the blurb) (266672) $15.00
13. Blatas Arbit. Olocausto. venice: venezia campo delghetto nuov, 1979. oblong 8vo 82 pp.with essays about the artist in French and English. good. stiff wrapper. Born in Lithuania fled Paris for USA in 1940,commissioned to do series of drawings for the Holocaust Television Series in 1978 (230581) $27.00
14. Blatter, Janet and Sybil Milton. Art of the Holocaust. NY: Rutledge Press, 1981. 272 pp. Good +. Hardback & DJ. Over 350 artworks created in ghettos, concentration camps, and in hiding by victims of the Nazis.Important reference work (250274) $30.00
15. Borwicz Michel (editor). Zyd z Klementowa opowiada… A Yid fun Klementov dertseylt– Lodz: Centralna Zydowska Komisja Historyczna w Polsce., 1947. 124 pp., includes photos, slight library markings, In Yiddish On the Shoah. Very Good. stiff wrap. (269690) $75.00
16. Botz Gerhard. Wien vom Anschluss zum Krieg. Nationalsozialistische Machtubernahme und politisch-soziale Umgestaltung am Beispiel der Stadt Wien 1938/39. Jugend und Volk, 1978. 646 pp. Good. Paperback. (269568) $12.00
17. Bracher, Karl. Die Deutsche Diktatur: Enstehung Struktur Folgen des Nationalsozialismus. Koln: Kiepenheuer and Witsch, 1969. 580 pp. cover slightly torn. Good. Paperback. (234085) $10.00
18. Braunthal, Gerard. Socialist Labor and Politics in Weimar Germany: The General Federation of German trade unions. CT: Archon Books, 1978. 251 pp. dj torn. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (231650) $17.00
19. Bryas, Madeleine de. Les Peuples en Marche: Les Migrations Politiques et Economiques en Europe depuis La Guerre Mondiale. Paris: Pedone, 1926. Important re populations covered in the migrations, ie the Jews, the Greek-Turks, the Russians. Scholarly study. 8vo 219 pp.embossed stamp tp paper yellowing but not brittle . good, slight library marks. boards. (269639) $48.00
20. Butora M et al . We saw the Holocaust. Bratislava: Milan Simecka Foundation, , 2005. 134 pp. fep torn. Remembrance of the Holocaust. Interviews with survivors in Czechoslovakia. Sponsored by the Milan Simecka Foundation. Very Good. Hardcover . (255890) $25.00
21. Caitung, Severin. The Darkest Years. USA: Self published, 1994. 145 pp. Very Good. cloth. Surviving the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. In the form of their recollections. Important work. (269556) $15.00
22. Claussen Detlev. Grenzen der Aufklarung : zur gesellschaftlichen Geschichte des modernen Antisemitismus. Fischer, 2005. 265 pp. first published in 1987 Very Good. Paperback. (255893) $15.00
23. Coser, Lewis. Refugee Scholars in America: Their Impact and Experiences. New Haven: Yale, 1984. 352 pp. important work. Good. Cloth. Includes Erich Fromm, Erik Erikson, Hannah Arendt, Leo Strauss, Thomas Mann, Vladimir Nabakov (269630) $10.00
24. Davis, Colin. Elie Wiesel’s Secretive Texts. Gainesville: UP of Florida, 1994. 201 pp. New. Hardback & DJ. Studying Wiesel’s text from the standpoint of fictional form. (232615) $20.00
25. Deichmann, Ute. Biologists Under Hitler. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1996. 468 pp. new. Paperback. Using peviously neglected archives to trace the impact of Nazism on German biologists-those who fled and stayed. (269586) $7.00
26. Delbo Charlotte. Auschwitz and After. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1995. Trans Rosette Lamont. 354 pp. New in new dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269597) $10.00
27. Diner Dan (hrsg). Ist der Nationalsozialismus Geschichte?: Zu Historisierung und Historikerstreit. fischer, 1987. 309 pp. Good. Paperback. (252122) $12.00
28. Dinnerstein, Leonard. America and the Survivors of the Holocaust. NY: Columbia, 1982. 409 pp.dj torn and pen underlined. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (252152) $7.00
29. Douer Alisa. Wie weit ist Wien Latienamerika als Exil fur osterriechische Schrifsteller und Kunstler. Picus, 1995. 305 pp. coffee table sized book. Very Good. Hardcover . (269704) $65.00
30. Drake David. Paris at War: 1939-1944. Harvard University Press, 2015. 544 pp.dj torn Extensive material on the plight of the Jews, the coloborations, the Resistance, the camps etc. Well researched. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269570) $18.00
31. Dushnyck Walter (editor). Ukranians and Jews A Symposium; Articles Testimonies Letters and Offical Documents..Interrelations of Ukranians and Jews int he Past and Present. Ukranian Congress Committee, 1966. 199 pp.tear to cover, Good-. Paperback. Includes current material and on the pogroms and the Shoah/ (269574) $15.00
32. Dziennik Dawida Sierakowiaka (The Diary of David Sierakowiak). Warsaw: Iskry, 1960. 223 pp. In Polish spine torn . Good. Paperback. Found at the liberation of Lodz, teenage author perished; describes relentless horror,hunger,death and deportation (266384) $15.00
33. Elias, Ruth. Die Hoffnung erhielt mich am Leben: Mein Weg von Theresienstadt und Auschwitz nach Israel. Munchen: Piper, 1988. 12mo 333 pp. good. Hardback & DJ. (234810) $15.00
34. Ermarth, Michael. Kurt Wolff: A Portrait in Essays and Letters. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago, 1991. 223 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. Important refugee publisher.His imprint joined Pantheon in the 1950s. (266633) $10.00
35. Fargion, Maria. Beside Still Waters. Ashfield: Paideia, 1992. 366 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. Her experiences as a Jew in Mussolini’s Italy betwen 1938 and 1944. Won Prato Prize in Italy in 1979. (229173) $15.00
36. Felstiner, Mary. To Paint her Life: Charlotte Salomon in the Nazi Era. NY: Harper, 1994. 8vo 290 pp. remainder marks to bottom edge. Good. Hardback & DJ. Jewish artist murdered by the Nazis and also about Alois Brunner, Eichmann’s associate in murdering Jews. (255729) $8.00
37. Fenelon, Fania. Playing for Time: An extraordinary personal account of the women’s orchestra in Auschwitz-Birkenau. NY: Atheneum, 1977. 262 pp. dj torn. good. Hardback & DJ. (237729) $10.00
38. Fraser L Craig. The Testament of Adolf Hitler : the Hiter-Bormann Documents. Louisiana: Sons of Liberty. 85 pp. + photos, claims to be Hitler’s table talks at the end of his life with Bormann, the usual anti semitic white supremacy diatribes. Good. Wrapper. (255888) $17.00
39. Freeden, Herbert. Judisches Theater in Nazi Deutschland. Frankfurt: Ullstein, 1985. 12mo 184 pp. tear to spine and slight crease across cover . good. Paperback. (246805) $25.00
40. Gallin, Mother Mary Alice. German Resistance to Hitler: Ethical and Religious Factors. Washington: Catholic University, 1961. 259 pp. Good +. Paperback. (269564) $15.00
41. Garz Detlef. Schopferisch zu sein, ist alles Fritz Blumenthal – Maler, Mediziner, Mainzer Burger; zur Ausstellung im Mainzer Rathaus vom 28. Februar bis 1. April 2009. Bonewitz, 2009. 64 pp. filled with illustrations, exhibiton catalog with essay on refugee painter who fled Nazi Germany. Very Good. Wrapper. (269560) $36.00
42. Greenberg Uri Tavi. Rehovot Hanahar; Sefer HaEliot veHacoach. Schocken, 1960s. 350 pp. torn dj In Hebrew. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Dustjacket has image of people marching past smoking furnace. (269688) $85.00
43. Grobman, Alex Landes Daniel (editors) (inscribed by Landes). Critical Issues of the Holocaust: A Companion to the Film Genocide. Los Angeles: Wiesenthal Center, 1983. 501 pp. Inscribed by Daniel Landes on fep. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ.
Important collection of essays (269606) $10.00
44. Grossmann Kurt. Emigration Die Geschichte der Hitler Fluchtlinge 1933-1945. Frankfurt: Europaische Verlagsanstlt, 1969. Important work 8vo 410 pp dj torn. very good. Hardback & DJ. (251318) $18.00
45. Grunberg Henryk and Kostanski Jan. Szmuglerzy. Styl, 2001. 153 pp. In Polish. Good. Paperback. (255911) $30.00
46. Gutman, Yisrael. Anatomy of the Death Camp Auschwitz. Bloomington: Indiana, 1993. 528 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (237811) $28.00
47. Gutman, Yisrael. Anatomy of the Death Camp Auschwitz. Bloomington: Indiana, 1993. 528 pp. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ. (269604) $14.00
48. Guttenplan D D. The Holocaust on Trial. NY: Norton, 2001. On the David Irving Trial 12mo 236 pp. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (237716) $5.00
49. Guttenplan D D. The Holocaust on Trial. NY: Norton, 2001. On the David Irving Trial 12mo 236 pp. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269608) $5.00
50. Hackett, David (translator). The Buchenwald Report. Boulder: Westview Press, 1995. 396 pp.dj torn and creased. new. Hardback & DJ.
Report based on interviews with Buchenwald survivors immediately after liberation. (237709) $10.00
51. Hackett, David (translator). The Buchenwald Report. Boulder: Westview Press, 1995. 396 pp.remainder mark to bottom edge, otherwise fine. Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ.
Report based on interviews with Buchenwald survivors immediately after liberation. (269607) $8.00
52. Hartman, Geoffrey, editor. Bitburg: In Moral and Political Perspective. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1986. 284 pp. covers worn, spine title blurred. Good. Hardcover .
Germany’s struggle with its Nazi past and the symbol of President Reagan’s visit to the cemetery in Bitburg. (269566) $15.00
53. Hass, Aaron. In the Shadow of the Holocaust: The Second Generation. Ithaca: Cornell, 1990. 180 pp. pencil underlined . Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Psychological study of the children of Holocaust survivors. (258960) $10.00
54. Heiber, Helmut. Das Tagebuch von Joseph Goebbels 1925/26 Mit weiteren Dokumenten. Stuttgart: DVA, nd. 8vo 141 pp. good. wrapper. (269650) $16.00
55. Hilberg, Raul. Sources of Holocaust Research: An analysis. Chicago: Ivan Dee, 2001. 12mo 218 pp. New. Hardback & DJ. (250760) $15.00
56. Hinz Berthold. Art in the Third Reich. Pantheon, 1970. 270 pp . Good +. Paperback. (269623) $10.00
57. Hoffmann Ruth. Meine Freunde aus Davids Gesellschaft. Berlin: Chronos, 1947. 143 pp. paper yellowing but not brittle, spine repaired, chips to corners of boards. Good. Boards.
recollections of friendships lost by the War; husband murdered at Auschwitz ; (251465) $20.00
58. Horn Maurycy. Regesty Dokumentów i Ekscerpty z Metryki Koronnej do Historii Zydów w Polsce, 1697-1795 T.1: Czasy Sasksie (1697-1763). Ossolineum, 1984. 165 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (253452) $10.00
59. Hughes H Stuart. The Sea Change; The Migration of Social Thought 1930-1965. Harper, 1975. 282 pages dj torn. Very good in good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ.
Examining the work of Hesse Mann Wittgenstein Borgese Mannheim Fromm Salvemeni Horkheimer Adorno et al and the impact of emigration on their thought (242531) $15.00
60. Jacobs, Steven. Rethinking Jewish Faith: The Child of a Survivor Responds. Albany: SUNY, 1994. 150 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (269593) $10.00
61. Jagendorf, Siegfried. Jagendorf’s Foundry: A Memoir of the Roumanian Holocaust: 1941-44. NY: Harper, 1991. 8vo 209 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (253388) $5.00
62. Jasper Gotthard (hrsg). Von Weimar zu Hitler 1930-1933. Kiepenheuer und Witsch, 1968. 526 pages, sixteen essays. Very good condition. Paperback.
Neue Wissenschaftliche Bibliothek (243897) $25.00
63. Jung Uli. Beyond Caligari The Films of Robert Wiene. Berghahn, 1999. 238 pp. His most memorable feature films are the 1920 horror film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Raskolnikow (1923), an adaptation of Dostoyevsky’s Crime and Punishment, both of which had a deep influence on the German cinema of that time.After Hitler took power in Germany, Wiene left Berlin, and went first to Budapest, where he directed One Night in Venice (1934), later to London, and finally to Paris where together with Jean Cocteau he tried to produce a sound remake of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Wiene died in Paris ten days before the end of production of a spy film, Ultimatum, after having suffered from cancer. The film was finished by Wiene’s friend Robert Siodmak. Very Good. Hardcover .
This documentary account of the work of a leading director and scriptwriter of German silent films provides a detailed examination of the films he made during the various periods of his career with background information on his life.’. (269559) $15.00
64. Kern, Erich. Verrat an Deutschland; Spione und Saboteure gegen das eigene Vaterland. Gottingen: Schutz, 1963. 318 pp. some spotting on cover. binding and interior VG. Good +. Cloth.
Espionage against Gemany during WW2. (269651) $15.00
65. Kingreen Monica (hrsg). Nach der Kristallnacht: Judisches Leben und antijudische Politik in Frankfurt am Main 1938 1945. Campus, 1999. 476 pp.cover creased . Very Good. Paperback. (269645) $10.00
66. Kovacs, Maria M. Liberal Professions and Illiberal Politics: Hungary from the Hasburgs to the Holocaust. NY: Woodrow Wilson Center Press,/Oxford, 1994. 169 pages. Very good in very good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ. (219866) $12.00
67. Kurella Alfred (compiler). Dimitroff’s Letters from Prison. London: Gollancz, 1935. 160 pages; cover stains ;slight foxing fep; Good. Wrapper.
Was put on trial by the Nazis for the burning of the Reichstag (229089) $20.00
68. Laqueur Walter (inscribed). Generation Exodus: The fate of young Jewish Refugees from Nazi Germany. Hanover: Brandeis UP, 2001. 338 pp. Inscribed by author on fep. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ. (269609) $20.00
69. Leber, Annedore. Fur und wider; Entscheidungen in Deutschland 1918-1945. Frankfurt-am-Main: Mosaik Verlag, 1961. bookplate 287pp. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (229083) $25.00
70. Levenson Alan. Between Philosemitism and Antisemitism; Defenses of Jews and Judaism in Germany 1871-1932. Univ of Nebraska, 2004. 194 pp. Very Good in VG DJ. Hardback & DJ. (269689) $18.00
71. Levinsohn J B. Die blutluge (Efess Damim). Schildberger, 1892. 102 pp. ex library with markings, bound with Chwolson Dr D Die Blutanklage und sonsige mittelalterliche Beschuldigungen der Juden , Kauffmann Fankfurt 1901 362 pp. ex library with markings, bound with Dr M Friedlander Zur Geschichte der blutbelchuldigungen gegen die Juden im Mittelalter und in der Neuzeit (1171-1883) zweite auflage Brunn 1883 36 pp. Good. Hardcover .
Three essays bound together, ex library with markings and pocket and book plate (269687) $100.00
72. Liberman, Judith Weinshall. Holocaust Wall Hangings. Boston: Charles River, 2002. 89 pp. Very good+. Hardback & DJ.
Exquisitely produced book combines reproductions of 45 unique multimedia artworks about the Holocaust with analytical essays about these works, each from a different perspective. The large textile wall hangings have been exhibited in museums throughout the USA. Essays by Stephen Feinstein, Salvatore Scalora, Ori Soltes and the artist. (252099) $15.00
73. Lindemann, Albert. Esau’s Tears; Modern Anti-Semitism and the Rise of the Jews. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1997. 577 pp.remainder mark on fore edge. new. Hardback & DJ.
Explores the varieties of modern anti-semitism from its emergence in the 1870s in a racial political form to the eve of Nazi takeover. (235091) $10.00
74. Lurie Esther. Sketches from a Women’s Labour Camp. Peretz, 1962. third edition. 14+19 pages In English and Hebrew and 15 drawings, prisoners at Leibitz near Thorn, slight library marks. Good condition. Wrapper. (269644) $24.00
75. Machtan Lothar. The Hidden Hitler. NY: Basic Books, 2001. 434 pp. new in fine dust-jacket. Hardback & DJ.
Argues that Hitler was a homosexual and discusses the homoerotic Nazi movement. (269596) $10.00
76. Marcus, Jacob. Communal Sick Care in the German Ghetto. Cincinnati: HUC, 1947. 335 pp.corners bumped. Good +. Cloth. (222172) $12.00
77. Marcus, Jacob. The Rise and Destiny of the German Jew. Cincinnati: UAHC, 1934. 417 pp. slight marks fep. Good. Cloth.
Includes material on Nazism and impact on the Jews; concerns mostly the modern period and the situation of the Jews in Germany (236172) $10.00
78. May Ernest. Strange Victory: Hitler’s Conquest of France. Hill and Wang, 2000. 584 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (255322) $16.00
79. Mayer Allan. Gaston’s War the true story of a hero in the Resistance in World War II. Presidio, 1988. 206 pp. leader of the Belgian Resistance sfep. Inscribed by Gaston Vandermeerssche, the subject of the book. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269599) $20.00
80. Meyer Hans. Einer vom Jahrgang 1927. aktuell, 2000. 169 pages. Very good condition. Paperback.
Memoir of growing up in Weimar Germany (228287) $20.00
81. Meyers, Odette. Doors to Madame Marie. WA: Univ. of Washington Press, 1997. 1st. Young Jewish girl in Nazi occupied France hidden by a Catholic family and her quest for identity after the War. 8vo 463 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (269209) $8.00
82. Nahon, Dr. Marco. Birkenau: The Camp of Death. Tuscaloosa: Univ. of Alabama, 1989. Holocaust memoir of a Greek Jewish doctor. 149 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (269585) $15.00
83. Nartov Omer (editor). Crimes of War: Guilt and Denial in the Twentieth Century. New Press, 2002. 344 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (237733) $8.00
84. Neumann, Alfred. Six of Them. NY: Macmillan, 1945. 324 pp. first few pages were folded over. fictionalized account of the White Rose resistance group. good. cloth.
Stories of life in Nazi Germany, of courage and resistance, by important exile writer. (269562) $15.00
85. Osterreichischen Bundesverbandes Ehemals Politisch Verfolgter Antifaschisten. Mahnruf fur Freiheit und Menschenrecht. Wien: Bundesverbandes, Nov 1946-12/47. 12 issues, hinges repaired and new spine, paper yellowing but not brittle. fair. boards.
Volume 1 of periodical published by surviving Austrian antifascists to report on their experiences during the Second World War,share information (269714) $75.00
86. Piper Franciszek et al. Auschwitz Nazi Death Camp. Auschwitz, 1996. 342 pp. tear to top of spine. Good +. Hardcover . (255885) $18.00
87. Polonsky Anthony (editor). Polin Studies in Polish Jewry, Volume 1-8; A Journal of Polish Jewish Stuides. Blackwell Publishers/Institute for Polish Jewish Studies, 1987-1994. Eight volumes in pristine condition, filled with scholarly essays and reviews. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Volume Eight: Jews in Independent Poland 1918-1939 is published by the Littman Library (269685) $225.00
88. Polonsky Anthony. The Jews in Poland and Russia: Volume 1: 1350-1881 The Jews in Poland and Russia Volume 2 : 1881-1914. Littman, 2011. 534 + 495 pp. Important reference to background of Polish Jewry. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269684) $56.00
89. Prager, Moshe. Sparks of Glory: Inspiring episodes of Jewish spiritual resistance. NY: Shengold, 1974. 8vo 156 pp. dj torn. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Stories of Jews during the Holocaust who maintained their faith. Prager interviewed survivors after the War. (269555) $15.00
90. Prochnik George. The Impossible Exile Stefan Zweig at the End of the World. Other Press, 2014. 390 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (262074) $10.00
91. Reich Howard. The First and Final Nightmare of Sonia Reich: A Son’s Memoir. Public Affairs, 2006. 200 pp. Very Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Plight of author’s mother who tried to deny her Holocaust history and his discovering her story. (269605) $10.00
92. Rittberger Volke r(Hrsg.). 1933 Wie die Republik der Diktatur erlag. Stuttgart: Kohlhammer, 1983. 222 pp. fourteen essays. Very Good. pb. (269652) $15.00
93. Rittner, Carol & Roth, John (editors). Different Voices: Women and the Holocaust. NY: Paragon House, 1993. 434 pp. new. PB.
Recounts the stories of survivors, interpretations of women scholars; also-artists/intellectual contemporaries (259743) $8.00
94. Rittner, Carol & Roth, John (editors). Different Voices: Women and the Holocaust. NY: Paragon House, 1993. 434 pp. Good in very good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Recounts the stories of survivors, interpretations of women scholars; also-artists/intellectual contemporaries (269603) $10.00
95. Roosenburg, Henriette. The Walls Came Tumbling Down. NY: Viking Press, 1957. 248 pp., chips on dj, inscribed by “Yet” which may be author’s nickname. good. Hardback & DJ. Liberation of 4 Dutch political prisoners and their return home from Waldheim, Germany. Author was in the Resistance and her family hid Jewish people. She was arrested by the Gestapo in 1944 ansd sent to a German prison. (269563) $15.00
96. Rosen, The Chief Rabbi Dr Moses. The Paper Bridge: Essays on Judaism. Bucharest: Tipografia, 1973. 8vo 300 pp. dj torn writing on fep. good. Hardback & DJ.
Mostly concerning Rabbinic subjects but some on the Holocaust in Rumania and Germany and his reflections. (269683) $12.00
97. Rosenberg, Blanca. To Tell at Last: Survival Under False Identity: 1941-45. Urbana: Univ. of Illinois, 1993. 178 pp. Hardback & DJ.
Her life in hiding during the Shoah in Poland and Germany. (237797) $10.00
98. Rosenblatt Gad. Esh ahazah ba-ya’ar: im pelugat partizanim Yehudit uve-hativat Kubepak [Kovpak]. Ha-Kibuts Ha-Meuhad Bet Lohame ha-Geta’ot, 1976. 300 pp. In Hebrew On fighting with the partisans during the War. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269707) $36.00
99. Rosensaft Menachem (edited by). Life Reborn Jewish Dispalced Persons 1945-1951; Conference Proceedings January 2000. USHMM, 2001. 162 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (269626) $20.00
100. Roskies, David. Against the Apocalypse: Responses to Catastrophe in Modern Jewish Culture. Cambridge: Harvard, 1984. 8vo 374 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (234735) $10.00
101. Roskies, David. Against the Apocalypse: Responses to Catastrophe in Modern Jewish Culture. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1984. 374 pp. dj torn. Very Good in good dust-jacket. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (243666) $15.00
102. Rymkiewicz, Jaroslaw. The Final Station: Umschlagplatz: A uniquely personal Polish account of the Holocaust. NY: Farrar Straus Giroux, 1994. 327 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (237770) $10.00
103. Schulergruppe am Freiberg Kolleg. Judisches Leben in der Bergstadt Freiberg eien Spurenscuhe. Statd Freiberg, 1992. 100 pages. Very good. Wrapper. (269670) $35.00
104. Seghers, Anna. Siodmy Krzyz Tom 1 and Tom II (The Seventh Cross: A Novel). Trybuny Ludu, 1951. 167 + 181 pp.in Polish, covers worn, paper yellowing , novel of survival from a concentration camp. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (267564) $25.00
105. Sekretariat der Standigen Konferenz der Kultusminister der Lander. Zur Auseinandersetzung mit dem Holocaust in der Schule On the Treatment of the Holocaust at School: A Contribution from the Lander. Bonn: Sekretariat der Standigen, 1997. 57 pp. In egnlish and German, slight library marks. Very Good. stiff wrapper. (269679) $36.00
106. Senger, Valentin. Kaiserhofstrasse 12. Schoffling, 2010. 312 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Invisible Jew in Nazi Germany, memoir of the Shoah (257240) $8.00
107. Serotta, Edward. Out of the Shadows: A Photographic Portrait of Jewish Life in Central Europe Since the Holocaust. NY: Carol Publishing, 1991. oblong 8vo 253 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Superb collection of photos from Hungary, Poland, Romania, Czechosolovakia, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, GDR. (269392) $30.00
108. Shermer Michael and Grobman Alex. Denying History: Who Says the Holocaust Never Happened and Why do they say it? Berkeley: Univ of Calif, 2000. 312 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. A study of the Holocaust denial movement. Trying to understand their motives and refuting their arguments (253450) $15.00