1. Agam. The Agam Passover Haggadah. Gefen, 1993. 117 pp. color illustrations using geometric patterns. Very Good. Hardcover . (263496) $25.00
2. (Arthur Szyk) Cecil Roth, (editor) . The Haggadah. Jerusalem: Massadah/Alumoth, 1957. Unpaginated. Gilt-stamped blue faux velvet binding in black and blue cloth clamshell box with blue faux velvet lining Illustrated endpapers. Illustrated profusely with full-color illuminations and drawings by Arthur Szyk., box worn and color faded and stains, spine title faded. Good +. Hardcover .
Inspired work. (266341) $26.50
3. The Artists Colony Safad. Artists Colony, 1971. 87 pp. about twenty five artists represented dj torn. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (263498) $20.00
4. Behrouzi Nitza editor. Jerusalem from Generation to Generation Papercuts by Yehudit Shadur. Wretz Israel Museum, 1996. 12+45 pp. In English and Hebrew exhibition catalog. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263473) $45.00
5. Beker Israel (signed by). Stage of Life. United Artists, 1979. Xv (English and also in Hebrew ) + 84 pp.of paintings, dj torn. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Fought with the partisans, involved in artistic theater for the Displaced Persons in Germany after the War and then did aliyah. Actor became artist. Paintings include his home town, the Shoah and his acting career. (234483) $35.00
6. Belchetz-Swenson, Sarah. Revisions; Fourteen Drawings in a Portfolio. Johnson Vermont: French Hill Press, 1977. Edition of 500 Printed on 11″ by 14″ Mohawk superfine heavy weight stock suitable for individual framing. Very good. stiff wrapper.
These fourteen drawings were inspired by Wooden Synagogues by M+K Piechotka. These pencil and ink drawings combine architectural elements of the destroyed wooden synagogues of prewar Poland with images of the artist’s children, simple household objects and the landscape of northern Vermont. (263465) $100.00
7. Benjamin Chana. Reflections on the Holocaust: Works by Holocaust Survivors, Family Members and friends. NY: New Century Artists, 2001. Exhibition catalog. 50 pp. new. wrapper. (245305) $20.00
8. Benjamin Chana. Reflections on the Holocaust: Works by Holocaust Survivors, Family Members and friends. NY: New Century Artists, 2001. Exhibition catalog. 50 pp. new. wrapper. (264852) $20.00
9. Benjamin Chaya (curator)Landau S. Architecture in the Hanukkah Lamp; Architectural Forms in the Design of Hanukkah Lamps from the Collection of Hanukkah Lamps at the Israel Museum. Israel Museum, 1978. 19 + 58 double pages, bottom corner bumped. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (256189) $25.00
10. Benjamin Chaya. North African Lights: Hanukkah Lamps from the Zeyde Schulmann Collection in the Israel Museum. Israel Museum, 2003. 184 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
Articles are “Zeyde Schulmann (1890-1981): The Life and Travels of the Collector,” Chaya Benjamin, “‘Mrs. Hanukkah and Mr. Purim Quarrel’: A Poetic Dispute from Morocco,” Joseph Chetrit, and “Hanukkah Lamps from North Africe,” Chaya Benjamin. (256315) $40.00
11. Berger Natalia (curator). The Jews of Ethiopia: A People in Transition. Tel Aviv: Bet Hatefutsoth, 1986. 94 pages exhibition catalog filled with articles. Very good. Wrapper. (263450) $20.00
12. Braunstein Susan . Five Centuries of Hanukkah Lamps From the Jewish Museum: A Catalogue Raisonné. The Jewish Museum New York under the auspices of the Jewish Theological Seminary Yale, 2004. 403 pp.
In a grey cloth covered slip case with a color pastedown image on one cover Foreword by Joan Rosenbaum. The two main sections of the book are “Highlights from the Collection,” which is all in color and “Additional Lamps in the Collection,” which are illustrated with very well shop b/w images. This is meant to be a definitive book on the Jewish Museum’s Hanukkah Lamp collection which is certainly one of the best in the world (263467) $100.00
13. Chicago Judy. The Birth Project. Doubleday, 1985. 228 pp. Feminist Jewish artist. Very Good-. Paperback. (263494) $15.00
14. Chicago Judy. THe Dinner Party a symbol of our Heritage. Anchor, 1979. 254 pp. Jewish artist. Good +. Paperback. (263493) $15.00
15. Congregation Shaarey Zedek. Exhibit of Jewish Ceremonial Art. Detroit Institute of Arts, 1951. 42 pp. Good. spiral bound. (263486) $25.00
16. Deitsch Elka et al (curator). From This World to the Next Jewish Approaches to Illness Death and the Afterlife. JTS, 1999. 120 pp. filled with images. Very Good. Paperback. (263445) $30.00
17. Eis Ruth. Hanukkah Lamps of the Judah L. Magnes Museum. Magnes, 1977. 134 pp. filled with illustrations. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (263478) $25.00
18. Exhibition of Israeli Prints and Drawings in cooperation with the Bezalel Museum. Israel Office/Boston Public Library. Essay by Arthur Heintzelman and Elisheva Cohen with six images and ten pages. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263491) $27.00
19. Farkas Ann. Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me. Jewish Museum, 1964. 53 pp. filled with results of archaeological explorations. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263490) $15.00
20. Freundlich August (signed by Gropper). William Gropper: Retrospective. Ward Ritchie, 1968. 128 pp. dj very torn , inscribed by Gropper and with a small pen drawing of a face. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Filled with drawings. (258796) $100.00
21. Goodman Susan et al. Dateline Israel: New Photography and Video Art (Jewish Museum). Yale University Press, 2007. 107 pp. exhibition catalog and essays. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (263443) $15.00
22. Gropper William Perret George notes by. The William Gropper Exhibition. ACA, March 1970. 19 pp. Exhibition catalog, slight stains. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (263469) $25.00
23. Gropper . Gropper. ACA, 1970s?. about twenty pages Exhibition catalog, slight stains. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (263434) $35.00
24. Gross Chaim. Tree Trunk to Head: Chaim Gross and Direct Carving In America. Gross Fdn, 2014. 24 pp. dj slight tear. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (263441) $16.00
25. Grossman Cissy. The Collector’s Room Selections from the Michael and Judy Steinhardt Collection. HUC JIR, 1993. 117 illustrations of objects from their collection exhibition catalog. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263436) $18.00
26. Hamop Carol Rosensaft Jean (editor). Psalm Song. Hebrew Union College JIR Museum, 2005. 15 pp . exhibition catalog.
woven panels to create a space of prayer and meditation towards healing (263984) $10.00
27. Journal of the Warburg Institute: Volume Two Number 4. Warburg Institute, April 1939. 140 pp. crown of spine worn. Good. Paperback.
Articles include Lectureon Serpent Ritual by A Warburg, THe Tree of Life in Jewish Iconography by Zofja Amerisenowa Pagan Sacrifice in the Italian Renaissance (263489) $46.00
28. Koolik Marilyn et al . Towers of Spice: The Tower-Shape Tradition in Havdalah Spiceboxes. Israel Museum, 1982. 66 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (256180) $23.00
29. Kruger Laura (curator). Envisioning Maps. Hebrew Union College JIR Museum, 2008. 13 pp. twenty nine artists and examples of their work . Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Using maps as background for art -maps as visual propaganda (258403) $10.00
30. Kruger Laura (curator). Isaac Bashevis Singer and his Artists. HUC JIR, 2009/2010. 12 pp exhibiton catalog. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Examples of the works by artists illustrating Singer’s works. (263470) $25.00
31. Leipzig Arthur (signed copy). Sarah’s daughters: A celebration of Jewish women. Women’s Ort, 1988. 94 pp. dj tears. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
On assignment for ORT Leipzig travelled the world to photograph Jewish women going about their lives, with riituals and daily practises. An inspired work (263464) $36.00
32. Leipzig Arthur signed by. Growing Up in New York. Godine, 1995. about 40 pp. of photographs dj slight crease. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (263304) $42.00
33. Lipchitz Jacques Chagall Marc. The Bible in Art and Archaeology. Israel Museum, 1965. 25 pp.internally loose and needs binding exhibition catalog in French English and Hebrew many color illustrations ex library with book plate by Ilya Schor. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263463) $8.00
34. Milrod Glenda. Ketubah: The Jewish Marriage Contract. Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980. Magnificent work. material on loan from the Cecil Roth collection at Beth Tzedec Museum 58 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (263459) $25.00
35. Mintz Sharon (curator). Kehillat Ha Kodesh Creating the Sacred Community; The roles of the Rabbi Cantor Mohel and Shohet in Jewish Communal Life. JTS, 1997. 70 pp. back cover creased, filled with images. Very Good. Paperback. (263444) $25.00
36. Narkiss B. Journal of Jewish Art Volume Eight. Center for Jewish Art, 1981. 108 pp. bottom corners bumped. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (263487) $15.00
37. The paintings of Moritz Oppenheim Jewish LIfe in 19th Century Germany. Jewish Museum, 1981. 6 page foldout of exhibit. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263451) $16.00
38. Percival Goodman: . Percival Goodman: Architect-Planner-Teacher-Painter. Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Art Gallery Columbia University , 2001. 204 pp.Chapters are “The Early Years,” Kenneth Frampton, “The Goodman Brothers and Communitas,” Taylor Stoehr, in the Synagogue Architecture section articles are “The Quest for Community: Percival Goodman and the Design of the Modern American Synagogue,” Kimberly J. Elman, “Article from ‘Commentary’ ” Percival and Paul Goodman, “Portfolio of Synagogues,” “A Client’s Perspective,” Rabbi Martin Freedman. Very Good. Paperback. (263440) $20.00
39. Rand Archie , Kruger Laura (curator). The 39 Forbidden Labors of the Sabbath. HUC JIR Museum, 2006. 15 pages, exhibition catalog, with color illustrations and comments by Matthew Baigell. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263438) $38.00
40. Rohr Joel (signed copy). Israel Landscapes and People. Kibbutz Kfar Menachem, 1964. about 45 pages, filled with black and white and color illustrations of his work, dj torn, signed in Hebrew and English. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Introduction by Alfred Werner (260175) $30.00
41. Salzmann Laurence. La Baie/Bath Scenes. Blue Flower, 1980. 24 pp. Photos of Jewish bathers and Jewish baths in Radauti Romania. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (260673) $23.00
42. Schwab, Walter (editor). Jewish Artists: The Ben Uri Collection. London: Ben Uri Art Society, 1994. A catalogue of works by Jewish artists and of Jewish interest in the possession of the Ben Uri Art Society. London. 8vo 160 pp. new. Stiff Wrapper. (263457) $15.00
43. Schwebel Ivan. Schwebel: Jerusalem – Tel Aviv. Jerusalem: Aviva, 1989. 224 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) Important Israeli Artist. Very Good-. Paperback. (263454) $26.00
44. Steiner-Prag, Hugo. Designs for a Machzor. Society of Jewish Bibliophiles, 1963. portfolio consisting of 4 pp. + 16 black and white images on hard cardboard stock, folio size. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Important book designer Czech refugee artist to USA. (263439) $43.00
45. Stevens May. Ordinary, extraordinary A Collage of words and Images of Rosa Luxemburg Polish/German Revolutionary Leader …juxtaposed with Images and Words of Alice Stevens Housewife Mother Washer and Ironer…. self, 1970s.  pages : illustrations, portraits.
May Steven is an American feminist artist, political activist, educator, and writer (263500) $18.00
46. Tarbell Roberta preface. Chaim Gross Retrospective Exhibition: Sculpture, Paintings, Drawings, Prints. Jewish Museum, 1977. 40 pp. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263442) $15.00
47. Tora- Wimpel. Zeugnisse jüdischer Volkskunst. Braunschweiger Landesmuseum. , 1978. 65 pp. filled withmany illustrations of the wimpel.
Sonderausstellung vom 10.9. bis 26.11.1978. (263472) $16.00
48. Waldfogel Melvin (foreword). Grosz/Heartfield The Artist as Social Critic. University of Minnesota, 1980. exhibition catalog 93 pp. Very Good. stiff wrapper. (263448) $15.00
49. Waldfogel Melvin (foreword). Grosz/Heartfield The Artist as Social Critic. University of Minnesota, 1980. exhibition catalog 93 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (263449) $15.00
50. Winter Irene. Ingathering: Ceremony and Tradition in New York Public Collections. Jewish Museum, 1969. lists 257 objects about 35 pp. slight tear to back cover. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (259708) $18.00
51. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica : The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 8; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2012. 164 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (261171) $55.00
52. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica : The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art: Volume 9; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 2013. 142 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (261174) $55.00
53. Yaniv, Bracha (editor). Ars Judaica, Volume 7 The Bar-Ilan Journal of Jewish Art; The Michael J. Floersheim Memorial for Jewish Art. Ramat Gan, Israel: Bar Ilan University, 201`. 160 pp. Condition new. Paperback. (261172) $45.00
54. Young James. At Memory’s Edge: After Images of the Holocaust in Contemporary Art and Architecture. New Haven: Yale, April 2000. 256 pp.slight pen markings. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Explores Germany’s memorial crisis and how can contemporary artists remember the Holocaust, which they never knew. (250533) $17.00
55. Zafren Herbert compiler . A Gathering of Broadsides. Society of Jewish Bibliophiles,, 1967. 10 facsimile broadsides in elephant folio hebrew alphaber 1656 confiscation of the talmud 1553 decret imperial concernant les juifs 1808 et al. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (261361) $55.00
1. Amercan Jewish Historical Society. Early American Jewish Portraiture. Jewish Museum , 1952. 20 pp. + 16 plates, Exhibition Catalogue of 35 eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century portraits, with notes on the subjects.with essay by Stephen S. Kayser and Isidore S. Meye. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264017) $36.00
2. Aronson David Biemann, Asher D. David Aronson: Paintings, Drawings, Sculpture. Pucker, 2004. 174pp., illustrated throughout in color, some black and white. essay. catalogue raisonne of the sculpture. comprehensive monograph. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
As an immigrant artist of Jewish background, borrowing freely from Christology, Jewish, mystical, and modernist motifs, David Aronson has been an equally acclaimed controversial figure in the Boston Expressionist school and beyond. (263926) $56.00
3. Belinfante Judith. Joods Historisch Museum Jewish Historical Museum. Haarlem: Zonen, 1978. 96 pp. many beautiful color plates long pen inscription on title page. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (263995) $25.00
4. Benyaminov, Meyer R. Bukharian Jews. self published, 1992. 176pp., illustrated throughout with b/w photos, documents. Was present in Uzbekistan. Very Good. Hardcover . (263925) $54.00
5. Broshi Magen curator. Treasures of the Aleppo Community. Israel Museum, 1994. 25 pp. half in English and Hebrew with wonderful photos to the now destroyed community. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264010) $47.00
6. Davies Richard. Wooden Churches Travelling in the Russian North. White Sea, 2011. 256 pp.. 190 photographs, 10 illustrations bottom corner bumped. Scarce title . Near Fine. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Fascinating work re connections of structures to Polish synagogues (264025) $375.00
7. Goodman, Susan Tumarkin. The Immigrant Generations: Jewish Artists in Britain 1900-1945. NY: Jewish Museum, 1983. 45 pp. new. wrapper. (264026) $10.00
8. Guralnik Nahama. In the Flower of Youth. Maurycy Gottlieb 1856-1879. Tel Aviv Museum, 1991. 231 pp. heavily illustrated some pencil underlining. Good +. Paperback. (263922) $36.00
9. Incunabula Hebraica and Judaica Five Centuries of Hebraica and Judaica…from the Jacob M Lowy Collection Exhibition Exposition. Ottawa: National Library, 1981. 18 pp. with images. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264021) $23.00
10. Jacoby Ruth. Architectural Glossary Jerusalem Index of Jewish Art Ancient Jewish Synagogues. Jerusalem: Centre for Jewish Art, 1988. 31 pp. 8bo. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264001) $48.00
11. Jewish Art; Paintings and sculpture by 20th century Jewish artists of French and british schools. Glasgow Museum and Art Gallery, 1979. 24 pp. exhibition catalog with images. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264024) $30.00
12. Jewish Art from the Hebrew Union College and other collections; A special exhibition in honor of the three hundredth anniversary of Jewish settlement in America. Greater Hartford Tercentary Committee and Wadsworth Atheneum, 1953. 21 pp. and 2 plates, exhibit catalog. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264020) $26.00
13. Klapheck Elisa . Fräulein Rabbiner Jonas: Kann die Frau das rabbinische Amt bekleiden? Hentrich, 2009. 325 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (264012) $25.00
14. Kleeblatt Norman. Leon and Julia Obermayer Collection at Congregation Rodeph Shalom. Philadelphia: Rodeph Shalom, 1988. 31 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Includes discussion of Jewish ceremonial art and life transitions and examples of works and then catalog (264011) $35.00
15. Laszlo Lugosi. Zsido Budapest Jewish. : Vince Books,, 2002. 168 pp. filled with beautiful photos. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (263996) $14.00
16. Loan Exhibit of Antique Ceremonial Objects and Paintings from the collection of Mr M Zagayski. Jewish Museum, 1951. 27 pp.back cover disbound, exhibit catalog about 24 pp. includes ten wonderful examples. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264019) $27.00
17. Luit Tehilah Van. Mediene Remnants: Yiddish Sources in the Netherlands Outside of Amsterdam. Brill, 2009. 215 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (263927) $78.00
18. Mann Vivian . The Book and its Cover: Manuscripts and Bindings of the 12th throught 18th Centuries from the collections of the Library of JTS and Jewish Museum. Jewish Museum, nd. 7 pp. opnes up acordion style, described 47 works in the exhibit. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264022) $30.00
19. Mendelson Carlole curator. The Jewish Museum a brief gudie to the principal exhibits with illustrations. London: Jewish Museum, nd. 23 pp. Good. Wrapper. (264009) $10.00
20. Moore, Claire, editor. The Visual Dimension: Aspects of Jewish Art. Boulder: Westview, 1993. 8vo 184 pp. new. cloth.
published in memory of isaiah shachar, in cooperation with the oxford centre for postgraduate hebrew studies. (263921) $35.00
21. Ram, Uri ( editor). The Jews of Kaifeng: Chinese Jews on the Banks of the Yellow River. Tel Aviv: Beth Hatefutsoth, 1984. In English and Hebrew. Exhibition catalog. 50 pp., Very Good. wrapper. (263942) $10.00
22. Rosenbaum Robert introduction. Jewish Ceremonial Art. Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1950. 10 pp. + 14 images exhibition catalog book plate. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (264018) $30.00
23. Rubens Alfred. Somes Aspects of Iconography based on a lecture …to mark the publication of a Jewish Iconography. London: Jewish Musuem, 1955. 20 pp. with images. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264027) $24.00
24. Rubin Carmela. Sionah Tagger: Retrospective. Tel Aviv Museum, 2003. 180 pp. with color plates in Hebrew and English. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
One of the founding generations of Israeli artists (263924) $42.00
25. Yahrblum Moshe. Bikur be-Yisrael A visit to the State of Israel; with illustrations by Eva Scharf. Hamaklahah Le Hinuch, 1960. 174 pp. In Hebrew the woodcuts are extraordinary dj slight tears. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (263991) $45.00