1. Allweil Arie. Amos; 34 HaTziurim. Tel Aviv: Gutenberg, 1940. Each graphic drawing signed by the artist in pencil. Includes Amos in Hebrew, bookplate removed. Good. Hardback & DJ.
Stark images in the style of Masereel and Herman Struck by important Israeli artist born in Galicia. Images of destruction. Very scarce (271652) $150.00
2. Allweil Arie. HaYehudi Ha Almone The Nameless or Anonymous Jew; 32 Tziurim. Dvir, 1939. Powerful graphic drawings. dj slight tears and stains, slight stains to back endpaper . Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Introduction by Max Brod. Images include the pioneers reclaiming the Land, Jewish aspirations. ancient images, Nazi terrors, a Jewish Army marching with a BILU flag and peace in the Land. (271651) $100.00
3. America Israel Council Israeli Council for Israeli-Palestinian Peace. Archive Collection of the Other Israel (Newletter of the Israeli Council for Israeli-Palestinian Peace, Issues 1-33, July 1983 to September 1988). Downers Grove: AIC, 1988. spiral bound about 200 pages. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271738) $55.00
4. Arkin Alexander Habib. La Influencia De La Exegesis Hebrea En Los Comentarios Biblicos de Fray Luis De Leon. Madrid: Arias Montano, 1966. 205 pp tears to spine, pencil underlining to about eight pages. Good. Paperback. (271689) $25.00
5. Barrow Frances editor. Artis 2008. Jerusalem: : Artis Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consulate General of Israe, 2008. 80 pp. images of work of Israeli artists for display of their work in NY and Tel Aviv. Very Good. Wrapper. (270601) $26.00
6. Barry Dave Zweibel Alan. For This We Left Egypt? : A Passover Haggadah for Jews and Those Who Love Them. Flatiron, 2017. 136 pp. comedic Haggadah which I found ridiculous and offensive. Very Good. Hardcover . (271647) $18.00
7. Beinart Haim. Chapters in Judeo Spanish History Volume 1. Magnes , 1998. 532 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover . (271672) $36.00
8. Ben-Arieh, Yehoshua. Jerusalem in the 19th Century emergence of the New City. Ben Zvi St Martin, 1984. 438 pp. dj torn worn. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271914) $25.00
9. Ben-Shach Lifsha editor. Kivunim hadashim: ketav-et le-Tsiyonut ule-Yahadut. Kivunim Journal of Zionism and Judaism. Jerusalem: World Zionist ORg, Dec 1994. 173 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271752) $23.00
10. BenDavid Abba. Lshon miqra u-lshon ḥakhamim Biblical Hebrew and Mishnaic Hebrew… Dvir, 1967. 420 pp. In Hebew dj very torn and stained, tome in good shape. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271746) $68.00
11. Buber, Martin (editor). Der Jude Zweiter Jahrgang; Eine Monatschrift. Berlin: Judischer Verlag, 1917-1918. 2 Jahrgang. 776 pp. paper yellowing but not britle, original vellum spine soiled along edges and original boards. Good. Hardcover .
Contains the first printing of Kafka’s ‘Zwei Tiergeschichten’, as they were announced on the title page of the October 1917 issue; the first, “Schakale und Araber,” appeared in that issue; the second, the famous “Ein Bericht fur eine Akademie” in the next (November). There are nine of Buber’s own pieces (including one introducing Franz Werfel’s poems), two long essays by Gustav Landauer, and a story by Agnon, essays by Zweig, among much else of interest. (271716) $185.00
12. Cherlow Yuval. and the Halakha is like Beit Hillel. Sifrit HaGeunot. 128 pp. In Hebrew cover creased some dog eared pages. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Amazing Orthodx Rabbi who goes against the mainstream in his Orthodox Zionism, in terms of homosexuality and non Orthodox mariages (271773) $30.00
13. Chess Richard inscribed. Third Temple Poems. Tampa, 2007. 95 pp. Poetry on Jewish themes. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271727) $15.00
14. CLAL. T’shuvah: A Haggadah for the High Holidays. CLAL National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership, 2005?. 12 pp. commentary on different themes for use on Yom Kippur. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271706) $15.00
15. Dan, Joseph. Jewish Mysticism Volume 1-4; Late Antiquity Middle Ages Modern Period. Aronson, 1998. four volumes . Very good. Hardback & DJ. (271670) $75.00
16. A different spirit : photographic history of JTS. JTS, 2004. 34 pp. catalog of an exhibition. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271699) $15.00
17. Edrehi Dr M. An historical account of The Ten Tribes settled beyond the river Sambatyon,Iin the East. translated from the original manuscript and composed by the Rev. Dr. M. Edrehi, native of Morocco. London: printed for the author. Philadelphia: Isaac Edrehi, 5613 1853. Foxed frontispiece portrait of author, protected with original tissue paper.book plate and signature of C B Farwell important Chicago politician and Senator Original decorative binding with gilt lettering on spine 290+ 39 pp.crown and base of spine tears. Good. Boards.
Moses Edrehi was an itinerant Rabbi originating in Morocco, who spent some time in Europe, especially England, and finally settled in Israel, where he took the title of British Consul at Jerusalem. This edition was set up by his son, Isaac Edrehi. Information about Jews in unusal places detailed. Scarce work Singerman 1277 (271720) $100.00
18. Eiran Ehud. Tamtsit gaʻaguʻa : sipuro shel Erez Gershtain veha-milḥamah bi-Levanon; The essence of longing: General Erez Gerstein and the War in Lebanon. Yediʻot aḥaronot : Sifre ḥemed, 2007. 248 pp.In Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271777) $25.00
19. Elazar Daniel editor. Facing the Eighties Current Trends inJewish Religius Life. American Jewish Committee Israel, Sping 1980. Tefutsot Israel Vol XVIII No 1 124 pp. collection of articles in Hebrew. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (271756) $25.00
20. Ephraim Solomon ben Aaron, of Luntshits; Moses Alshekh; Judah Loew ben Bezalel. Maale Bet Horin / Ma’ale Beth Chorin [Hebrew Haggadah Vienna 1813) [Limited editioon facsimile] Adorned with elaborate copper etchings. Rare Judaica, 1975. slight stain on title page, tear along spine, limited edition number 746/1000 Good. Hardcover.
Hill, B. List or rare Hebraica & Judaica in the private library of Mr. Jacob M. Lowy, 1984, no. 515. The commentaries Gevurot H. and ʻOlelot Efrayim are by Judah Loew ben Bezalel and Ephraim Solomon ben Aaron of Lunṭshits respectively. (Worldcat) (271712) $85.00
21. Ewald Geo (signed by A Geiger) . Grammatica critica Linguae Arabicae, cum brevi metrorum doctrina; Volumen Prius Volumen Posterius (two volumes). Leipzig : Hahn, 1831. 394+ 348 pp. marbled worn boards, cloth type repaired spine, Signature of Abraham Geiger ( A.Geiger) on paste down of volume one with his handwriting in Hebrew above in small script and small library stamps of Bibl. d Verein Isr. Rel. Lehrer Frankfurt am Main, volume two is also ex library from a different library. Good-. Boards.
Geiger was considered the founding father of Reform Judaism. (271769) $165.00
22. Executive Council of Australian Jewry. Annual Conference. Australian Jewry, 1952, 1969-1971, 1973/74. 50 pp.+113 pp. +85 pp + 120 pp.+ 141 pp. + 98 pp.. slight library marks, mimeographed, extensive discussions concerning the plight of Australian Jewry and also conditions of world Jewry and political decisions. Good. Wrapper. (271770) $95.00
23. Furstenthal H B (ubersetzung). Menorath hammaor Licht verbreitender Leuchter Drei Theile Eine Moralsich -Religiose und Erbauliche Lekture fur Jung und; Hebraisch verfasst von dem beruhmten Spansichen Rabbiner Isaac Abohab (Aboab). Krotoschin: Monasch, 1845. 315 pp. + 558 pp. + 392 pp perforated library stamp tp firs title page and second title page has embossed stamp and pen wiriting of owner,,foxing and/or dark stains throughout not affecting readabiility , paper in good condition new red boards and spine and hinges reinforced, Was Bernard Bamberger’s copy . Hebrew text on top of page and German on bottom . Good-. Boards. (267498) $350.00
24. Goldberg Nathan. Occupational Patterns of American Jewry. JTSP Press, 1947. 85 pages slight library stamp tp. Good condition. Wrapper.
Jewish Life in America Series (271645) $20.00
25. Goldfarb Reuven editor. Agada. Berkeley: Agada Acquarian Minyan, Summer 1987. Image 10 58 pp. filled with articles and drawings Images of Israel. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271733) $17.00
26. Goldstein Gabriel exhibit curator. A Perfect Fit The Garment Industry and American Jewry. NY: Yeshiva University Museum, 2001. 96 pp. top corner slightly bumped exhibition catalog . Very good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271796) $20.00
27. Hacohen Menachem. Mishpatim v’Alilot Dam; Mishpatay Ravoa v’alilot neged yehudim. Tel Aviv: Misrad habitachon, 1967. 200 pp. In Hebrew. Good. Hardcover . (270663) $36.00
28. Halpern Micah edited by. Jewish Legal Writings by Women: Urim, 1998. 306 + 62 pp. In English and Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271637) $15.00
29. Hazan Ephraim (editor). Studies in Hebrew Poetry and Jewish Heritage; In Memory of Aharon Mirsky. Bar Ilan, 2006. 480 pp. In Hebrew many essays concerning Sephardic Jewry. Very Good. Hardcover . (271673) $14.00
30. Holtz Avraham. Rabbinic Thought: An Introduction to the Works of M. Kadushin (In Hebrew). Sifriath Poalim & Jewish Theological Seminary of America,, 1978. 287 pp. dj torn In Hebrew. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271741) $12.00
31. International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism. Secular Humanistic Judaism. Jerusalem: Israel Association and International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism., Feb 1986. No 1 Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271751) $45.00
32. International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism. Secular Humanistic Judiasm. Jerusalem: Israel Association and International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism., Feb 1986. No 1 (96 pp.) pencil underlined In English wonderful articles. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271750) $45.00
33. Israel Association and International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism. Journal. Jerusalem: Israel Association and International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism., May 1988 March 1990. No 2 (140 pp.) In Hebrew No 3 (95 pp.) pen underlined. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271747) $45.00
34. Israel Association for Secular Humanistic Judaism. International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism. The Orthodox are Running Wild. Jerusalem: Israel Association for Secular Humanistic Judaism., Feb 1991. “Leket” No 4 40 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271753) $30.00
35. Israel Association for Secular Humanistic Judaism. Journal. Jerusalem: Israel Association for Secular Humanistic Judaism., June 1985. No 1 (55 pp.) In Hebew. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271749) $45.00
36. Israel Association for Secular Humanistic Judaism. Secular Humanistic Judaism Journal. Jerusalem: Israel Association for Secular Humanistic Judaism., 1992. No 5 136 pp.In Herbew. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271757) $25.00
37. Israeli Yael. Jerusalem in history and vision. Jerusalem: Muze’on Yisrael, 1970. exhibition summer 1968 46 pp. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (271730) $25.00
38. Jabotinsky Vladimir. Taryag Millim 613 Hebrew Words. Jabotinsky Fdn, 1950. 105 pp. revised Israeli edition. Good. Paperback. (271693) $15.00
39. Kahn Susan. Are Genes Jewish? Conceptual Ambiguities in the New Genetic Age. Frankel center Univ of Michigan, 2005. 17 pp. Belin lecture No 12 Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271705) $16.00
40. Le Proces de Juifs en Union Sovietique. Proces de Riga mai 1971; Nr 5. Bibliotheque Juive, 1972. 69 pp.slight library mark on paste down, trials of Jews wishing to leave Russia for Israel. Good +. Wrapper. (271722) $25.00
41. Le Proces de Juifs en Union Sovietique. Second Proces de Leningrad Mai 1972; Nr 5. Bibliotheque Juive, 1972. 28 pp.slight library mark on paste down, trials of Jews wishing to leave Russia for Israel. Good +. Wrapper. (271723) $17.00
42. Liberman Maurice . Olam Umlooh Sefer Rishon. Yair, 1949. 100 pp. In Hebrew collection of stories. Good. Hardcover . (271755) $20.00
43. Luxemburg Danielle (curator). Old Yishuv Court. Jerusalem: Old Yishuv Court Museum, 1981. 45 pp beautifully rendered with many color plates Sueinf Ottoman Turk rule. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271759) $36.00
44. Ma’yan (Program : New York, N.Y.). Listen to her voice : the Ma’yan report. [Ma’yan, the Jewish Women’s Project, 2005. 34 pp.national tudy of Jewish women’s experiences in the Jewish community. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271697) $30.00
45. Mapu Abraham. Ahavat Tsiyon. warsaw: 1900?. 254 pp. in Hebrew tears to spine, covers worn. Good. Hardcover . (271797) $15.00
46. Mirsky Aharon. From Duties of the Heart to Songs of the Heart : Jewish Philosophy and Ethics and their influence on Hebrew poetry in Medieval Spain. Heberw University, 1992. 307 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover . (271675) $10.00
47. (Morocco) Gouvernement cherifien, Service central des statistiques,. Population MarocaineI Israelite Volume IV. Rabat: 1953. 113 pp.lacks part of covers , tears to sides of first ten pages, paper yellowing,not brittle. Good. Wrapper.
Recensement general de la population en 1951-1952 (270607) $25.00
48. Netzer Effi. Sing Along with Effi Netzer the Songs We Love Book 1. : Mifalei Tarbut Vechinuch, 1983. 335 pp. In Hebrew and transliterated songs and music. Very Good. Hardcover . (271787) $25.00
49. Neusner Jacob. the Mishnah: A New Translation. Yale University Press, 1988. 1162 pp. dj worn and slight wear tears along edges. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271763) $54.00
50. Neusner Jacob. Why no Science in Judaism? Tulane Jewish Studies, 1987. 32 pp. lecture. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271704) $15.00
51. Nisan, Mordecai; Schremer, Oded; Editors. Educational Deliberations: Studies in Education Dedicated to Shlomo (Seymour) Fox. Keter, 2005. 481 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271760) $26.00
52. Nisan, Mordecai; Schremer, Oded; Editors. Maʻaseh ḥinukh : ḳovets meḥḳarim li-khevod Shlomoh Foḳs; Educational Deliberations: Studies in Education Dedicated to Shlomo (Seymour) Fox. Keter, 2005. 450 pp.In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (271778) $26.00
53. Ofer Yosef. Shitat ha-beḥinot shel ha-Rav Mordekhai Broyer : ḳovets maʼamarim u-teguvot; “Aspects Theory” of Rav Mordechai Breuer. Hotsaʼat Tevunot, Mikhlelet Yaʻaḳov Hertsog le-yad Yeshivat Har-ʻEtsyon,, 2005. 369 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271772) $28.00
54. Ramon Amnon. “Doḳṭor mul doḳṭor gar” : Shekhunat Reḥavyah bi-Yerushalayim : hisṭoryah, haṿai, maslule siyur. Hotsaʼat Yad Yitsḥaḳ Ben Tsevi, 1998. 211 pp. In Hebrew filled with pictures. Good. Hardcover . (271765) $36.00
55. Rothblat Ch. M (inscribed by). Pakim ketanim: sekirot, divre bikoret, be’ayot ha-hinukh ha-Ivri veha-tsibur ha-Yehudi ba-Amerikah. Hotzaat HaMenorah, 1966. 308 pp. In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover . (271743) $20.00
56. Schweid Eliezer. Moledet ṿe-erets yeʻudah : erets-Yiśraʼel ba-hagut shel ʻam Yiśraʼel. ʻAm ʻoved, 1997. 244 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (271776) $26.00
57. Seder Haggadah le-Leilei Pesach.} Hagada of voordracht voor de beide eerste avonden van het Pesachfeest (with Dutch translation by Dr. S.I.Mulder, New illustrations by Leo Pinkhof, and musical appendix by L.D. Staal). 11th Edition. Amsterdam: Joachimstal, 1931. 74 pp.+ Toevoegsel Bevattende Een Muziek Bijlake Van L D Staal (14 pp. of music and song), In Dutch, taped spine,hinge started , ilustartions in style of Jugenstil. Good. Boards.
yaari 2156 (271719) $125.00
58. Sefer ha-Rambam The Maimonides book of Tarbiz. On the occasion of the 800th anniversary of his birth. (In Hebrew). Hebrew University, 1935. 188 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Wrapper. (265293) $15.00
59. Shalom Yehuda Bar. Ideʼah shel tiḳun : yazamut ḥinukhit be-ḥevrah rav-tarbutit; “Tikkun” idea Educational entreprenurship in Israel’s multicultural society. haQiybws hamʼ whad,, 2004. 176 pp. In Hebrew. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
“Tikkun” idea Educational entreprenurship in Israel’s multicultural society (271774) $26.00
60. Shapiro, Aumie and Michael, editors. When We Were Young. London: Springboard, 1988. oblong 12mo 75 pp. new. stiff wrap.
Photographs and text of Jewish life in the United Kingdom. (271721) $15.00
61. Shapiro, M.A. Elye Spiṿak. Russko-evreĭski (idish) slovarʹ : okolo 40,000 slov. Moscow: “Russkiĭ i︠a︡zyk”, 1989. 719 pp. Russian to Yiddish dictionary; introduction in Russian only. Very Good. Hardcover . (271714) $65.00
62. Simeon bar Yoḥai. Zohar al Ha Torah Helek Shenei Sefer Shemot. Livorno: M.Y. Ṭoviyan, 1858. 279 pp. In Hebrew new spine and boards, paper in good shape. Good. Boards. (271771) $75.00
63. (Sweden) Periodical . Judisk Kronika. Stockholm: 1962. Jahrgang 31 Nr. 1- 10 (full year), 364 pp. slight library marks, in library binding, some wrinkled pages. Good. library binding.
Jewish life and culture in Sweden (271785) $48.00
64. (Sweden) Periodical . Judisk Kronika. Stockholm: 1959-1961. Jahrgang 28 Nr. 1- 10 (full year), Jahrgang 29 Nr. 1-10 (full year), Jahrgang 30 Nr. 1-10, 280 pp. slight library marks, in library binding, some wrinkled pages. Good. library binding.
Jewish life in Sweden Filled with articles about Israel and world Jewry (271783) $65.00
65. (Sweden) Periodical . Judisk Kronika. Stockholm: Jan 1957- Dec 1957. Jahrgang 26 Nr. 1- 19/20 358 pp. slight library marks, in library binding, some wrinkled pages. Good. library binding.
Jewish life in Sweden articles on Israel and world Jewry (271786) $48.00
66. (Sweden) Periodical . Judisk Kronika. Stockholm: Jan 1958- Dec 1958. Jahrgang 27 Nr. 1- 10, 240 pp. slight library marks, in library binding, some wrinkled pages. Good. library binding.
Jewish life and culture in Sweden (271784) $48.00
67. Vance Sharon. The Martyrdom of a Moroccan Jewish Saint. Brill, 2011. 239 pp. extensively highlighted in yellow and with pen notations, reading copy. Good +. Hardcover .
The martyrdom in 1834 of Sol Hatchuel, a Jewish girl from Tangier, traumatized the Jewish community and inspired a literary response in Morocco and beyond. This study focuses on works written in the first century after her death in Hebrew, Judeo-Arabic, Judeo-Spanish, Spanish and French that tell her story and interpret its meaning. The author places both the event and the texts that narrate it in their historical context and show how its significance changed in each language and literary setting. (271641) $45.00
68. Wells George. The Israelid. A Poem, Historical and Prophetic. In Seven Cantos. NY: Gray, 1859. 139 pp. covers worn, crown bumped, edges rubbed and bumped. Good. Hardcover .
Singerman 1606 Portrays the Goths as the Lost Tribes of Israel (270616) $55.00
69. Wertheim Ph. sektr der judischen Gemeinde Berlin. Kalender und Jahrbuch auf das Jahr 5617 fur die judischen Gemeinden Preussens. Berlin: Veit, 1857. 156 pp. library stamp from Bibliothek der Lehrahstalt fur die Wiss. des Judentums covers worn taped title to spine. Good. Boards. (271684) $40.00
70. Zagat, Samuel ; Zagat, Ida(editor and sigbed by). Zagat: Drawings and Paintings; Jewish Life on New York’s Lower East Side 1912-1962. Rogers Book Service, 1972. 108 pp. Very Good-. Cloth. (270625) $23.00
71. Zfatman Sara. The Jewish Tale in the Middle Ages Between Ashkenaz and Sepharad. Magnes Press, 1993. 248 pp. crown of spine bumped, In Hebrew. Very Good. Hardcover . (271674) $15.00