1. Abramski Nligh Irit editor. Pinkas HaKehillot – Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities from their Foundations till after the Holocaust Libya Tunisia. Yad Vashem, 1997. 534 p. dj torn In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261833) $85.00
2. Adler, Cyrus (President). The American Jewish Committee Twenty Ninth Annual Report. NY: American Jewish Committee, 1936. 170 pp. about twenty pages on the condition of the Jews in Germany and Austria and also material on rest of Europe, ex library with pocket. good. wrapper. (254979) $18.00
3. Alexandrow Julia. Flight from Novaa Salow: Jefferson NC: McFraland, 1995. 202 pp. good. cloth.
Autobiography of a Ukranian who Escaped Starvation in the 1930s under the Russians and then Suffered Nazi Enslavement (268001) $15.00
4. Azema Jean Pierre. Le Regime de Vichy et les Francais. Fayard, 1996. 788 pp bookplate. Very Good. Paperback. (268015) $15.00
5. Baigell, Matthew introduction . Artists against War and Fascism: Papers of the First American Artists’ Congress. New Brunswick: Rutgers UP, 1986. 310 pp. new. cloth.
Congress existed from 1935 to 1942 (252165) $15.00
6. Bauminger Arie. Sefer Kra’ko ir va-em be Yisrael (Krakow Cracaw Cracow Krakau Kroke). Mosad Ha Rav Kook, 1959. 429 pp. In Hebrew Memorial book. Good. Hardcover . (264958) $42.00
7. Bauschinger Sigrid. Die Cassirers: Unternehmer, Kunsthändler, Philosophen Biographie eine Familie. Beck, 2015. 463 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (265192) $36.00
8. Bergman Paulina. …Velo Kaheres Hanishbar (…And not as a broken shard). Israel: 1987. 104 pp, In Hebrew translated from the German, embossed stamp tp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Surviving on false papers as Aryan women in Southern Austria, assisted the partisans in Yugoslavia and the resistance and after the War came to Palestine. (267994) $18.00
9. Berstein Aveezer (forewrod). Kizur Shylchan Aruckh Matanah Maat Baad Hataz. Munich: Vaad Hatzala, 1947. 253 pp in Hebrew , needs tightening, published for the Sherith Hapleta. Good. Boards.
Written for use of the survivorsin the camps, code of Jewish law (254989) $40.00
10. Boll, Heinrich. Ansichten eines Clown Roman. NY: Massada, 1971. 242 pp. In Hebrew dj worn and torn. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (267917) $25.00
11. Bronfman Edgar chair. Plunder and restitution: The U.S. and Holocaust victims assets : findings and recommendations of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Holocaust Assets in the United States and Staff report. USGPO, 2000. 246 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (268048) $25.00
12. Brysk. Amidst the Shadows of Trees: A Holocaust Child’s Survival in the Partisans. Center Point, 2014. 255 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (268038) $20.00
13. Bukey Evan. Jews and Intermarriage in Nazi Austria. Cambridge, 2010. 216 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (264803) $28.00
14. Bull Hedley (editor). The Challenge of the Third Reich; The Adam von Trott Memorial Lectures. Oxford, 1986. 173 pp dj creased. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (236264) $26.00
15. Ceichners Alfreds. Latvijas bolsevizacija : 1940-1941. Gauja, 1986/1994. 595 pp. In Latvian, a reprint , apparently written orginally during Nazi occupation with pro German orientation. Very Good. Paperback.
Latvia was occupied by the Soviet Union right before the Nazi invasion, The Soviets devestated the country prior to the horrors of the Nazi occupation. (267951) $30.00
16. Celemenski Jacob. Mitn Farshnitenem Folk: A Kuryer fun Bund Dertseylt vegn Yidishn Hurbn un Vidershtand unter di Deytshe Natsim/ With My Poeple in its Nightmare of Destruction. Unser Tsait, 1963. 352 pp In Yiddish. Very Good. Hardcover . (255074) $35.00
17. Cernyak-Spatz Susan. German Holocaust Literature. NY: Peter Lang, 1985. 8vo 144 pp. slight library mark. Good +. Hardcover . (268032) $16.00
18. Chameides Leon. On the Edge of the Abyss A Polish Rabbi Speaks to his COmmunity on the Eve of the Shoah Essays by Rabbi Kalman Chameides. self, 2013. 350 pp. Lovingly translated by his son who was hidden during the Shoah. Rabbi Chameides and his wife died during the Shoah in Poland. Prescient sermons predicting the Nazi onslaught and the martyrdom of the Jews, sermons on religious subjects also. Very Good. Paperback. (268100) $25.00
19. Chameides Leon. Strangers in Many Lands The story of a Jewish family in turbulent times. self, 2012. 350 pp. with many illustrations and charts. Very Good. Hardcover .
Research on his family from Galicia and Germany at end of 18th century , experiences during the Shoah including his being hid in a Ukraian monastery, Extensive anazing genealogical work up to the present.Inspired. (268101) $30.00
20. Comite International D’Histoire de la Deuxieme Guerre Mondiale. La Propagande pendant la Deuxieme Guerre Mondiale; Methodes, objet, resultats. Bucarest: Commission Roumaine, 1980. Twenty essays translated into five languages 479 pages tears to backstrip . Good. Paperback. (267924) $19.00
21. Dabrowska, Danuta & Wein, Abraham (eds.). Pinkas HaKehillot – Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities – Poland Vol.1 The Communities of Lodz and its Region. Yad Vashem, 1976. 284 pp. dj torn In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261829) $50.00
22. Dietz Edith. Grossmutter und Enkel erzahlen Dokumente eines Leidensweges Astrid Potz. Bad Ems: Verein fur Geschichte, 1995. 29 pp. memories concerning the Shoah. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (268094) $15.00
23. Distel, Barbara. Concentration Camp Dachau. Brussels: Comite International Dachau, nd. 8 th edition. 35 pp.was folded in half , distributed at the Camp. Good. stiff wrapper. (268007) $15.00
24. Duda, Eugeniusz. Krakowskie judaica. Warsaw: Kraj, 1991. 155 pp. In Polish . well researched documentation on Jewish life and filled with extraordinary photographs, with extensive material on the Shoah. Good +. Stiff Wrapper. (268055) $23.00
25. Eitinger L. MD (Luchterhand, Elmer). Concentration Camp Survivors in Norway and Israel. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget, 1964. 198 pp, number taped to spine and slight library mark on fep. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (252005) $25.00
26. Elissar Eliahu. La diplomatie du III e Reich et les Juifs 1933-1939. Julliard, 1978. 519 pp. slight library marks. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (267992) $23.00
27. Erlich Avi. Short Eternity A Novel. Bnai Barak: Seder, 1988. 114 pp. new. cloth.
Novel which is based on his family’s experiences during the Shoah,written by a member of the second generation. (258011) $15.00
28. Flim Bert. Saving the children. History of the organized effort to rescue Jewish children in the Netherlands 1942-1945. CDL Press, 2005. 192 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (268069) $36.00
29. Fred Morris (curator). A Tree Still Stands: The Last Jews of Eastern Europe An Exhibition. Chicago: Spertus, 1986. 15 pp.i photos by Yale Strom and Brian Blue,rfeflections by Nathaniel Stampfer. Very Good. Paperback.
Haunting exhibit (255119) $20.00
30. Freudenheim Leslie (catalogue) Moeller Susan essay. Candid Moments in the Military Snapshots from 1914-1991. Washington: Jewish War Veterans National Memorial Museum, 1991. 45 pp. exhibition catalog, pictures of Jewish soldiers fighting in WW1 and WW2, also picture of Boarding the Train to Palestine 1946 and accompanying text and essays. Very Good. Wrapper. (246927) $45.00
31. Furlong, Patrick. Between Crown and Swastika: The Impact of the Radical Right on the Afrikaner Nationalist Movement in the Fascist Era. Hanover: Wesleyan/UPNE, 1991. 8vo 344 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (221596) $25.00
32. Glees Anthony. Exile Politics during the Second World War. German Social Democrats in Britain. Clarendon Press, 1982. 263 pp. dj worn small tape on free end paper. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (267981) $18.00
33. Gold Helmut (hrsg). Abgestempelt. Judenfeindliche Postkarten. Auf der Grundlage der Sammlung Wolfgang Haney. Umschau, 1999. 380 pp. Essays and many illustrations, includes Nazi propaganda also. Good. Hardcover .
Eine Publikation der Museumsstiftung Post und Telekommunikation und des Jüdischen Museums Frankfurt am Main (266512) $42.00
34. Greenspan, Henry. On Listening to Holocaust Survivors: Recounting and Life History. Westport: Praeger, 1998. 199 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (245937) $20.00
35. Gruenbaum Itzhak. Entsiklopediah shel Galuyot (Encyclopedia of the Jewish Diaspora. A Memorial Library of Countries and Communities.) Poland series. Vol. 1 and 2 Warsaw. Jerusalem: Encyclopeida, 1951. 814 + 698 half pages In Hebrew two volumes dj torn. Good. Hardcover . (261844) $85.00
36. Gurdus, Luba Krugman (signed by). Rehovot HaMavet The Death Train: A Personal Account of a Holocaust Survivor. Bet Lohmei, 1982. 174 pp.In Hebrew dj torn inscribed by author. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
The author, a survivor of the Maydanek Camp, describes her family’s plight, and the Judenzug on its way to Belzec. (267916) $25.00
37. Halperin Israel Balaban, Meyer et al. Bet Yisrael be-Polin (House of Israel in Poland, From the Earliest Days to the Holocaust) Bet Yisrael be-Polin, mi-yamim rishonim ve-ad li-yemot ha-hurban. Jerusalem: Zionist Org, 1948. Two volumes 215+288 pp. spines worn back hinge needs repair volume 1 Good. Hardcover .
.Important work. In Hebrew. (268075) $65.00
38. Heinemann I (hrsg). Monatsschrift fur Geschichte und Wissenschaft des Judenthums begrundet von Z Frankel Band 77- Band 82 Jahrgang: Neue Folge: Breslau: Koebner, 1933 -1938. five volumes, lacks 1935 volume 79 each approx 400-500 pages .,some with library markings. uniform library binding. Good +. library binding.
Important collection of research on Jewish religious, cultural and social life being done in Germany while under the Nazi rule. Important essays (267935) $165.00
39. Henri Ernst. Hitler Over Europe. Simon and Schuster, 1934. Second Printing. 294 pp. revealing Hitler’s plans , intensive study. Good. Hardcover .
Exile writer see Stenfeld DEL pp. 209 (267996) $18.00
40. Hershan Stella. The candles she lit The legacy of Eleanor Roosevelt. Roosevelt Center, 2001. 160 pp. Includes her work with surivors and refugees of the Shoah, individuals. Good. Paperback. (267970) $20.00
41. Hershan Stella. A Woman of quality Eleanor Roosevelt. Crown, 1970. 256 pp. ex library includes material on her work with the refugees from the Shoah. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (268011) $10.00
42. Hintze Hedwig. Staatseinheit und Foderalismus im alten Frankreich und in der Revolution. DVA, 1928. 623 pp. lower corner of cover bent, crown and base of spine bumped, signature of A Rustow (Alexander Rustow) on fep and memorial book plate to Denkwart Rustow. Good. Stiff Wrapper.
Otto Hinze’s wife Hedwig Hintze (born: Hedwig Guggenheimer), who was Germany’s first woman to receive a doctorate in History and the University of Berlin’s (Friedrich Wilhelm University) first woman History professor, because of her Jewish roots and leftist sympathies soon lost her position as lecturer at the Friedrich Wilhelm University, and eventually had to flee to the Netherlands in 1939. Otto Hintze only survived this separation for a few months. In 1942, his wife committed suicide rather than undergo deportation to a death camp by the Nazis.(wikipedia) (254911) $65.00
43. Hochschild Adam. Spain in Our Hearts Americans in the Spanish Civil War. Hooughton Miflin, 2016. 432 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (267959) $25.00
44. Hoffmann Klaus. Otto Hahn Schuld und Verantwortung Konflikte eines Wissenschaftlers. Springer, 1993. 275 pp. Issues confronting the life of Hahn a scientist who worked under the Nazi regime, responsibility a study. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (267213) $25.00
45. Hotz Klemens. Spurensuche. Auf einmal da waren sie weg : judische Spuren in Mannheim, mit einer Gedenkliste jüdische Opfer der nationalsozialistischen Gewaltherrschaft aus Mannheim. Quadrat, 1995. 223 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (267207) $65.00
46. Hurwitz Henry (editor). Menorah Journal. Menorah, Spring 1944. 124 pp. includes 21 page report of The Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto by Shlomo Mendelsohn. Good. Paperback. (250202) $25.00
47. Josephs Zoe. Survivors: Jewish Refugees in Birmingham, 1933-1945. Meridian , 1988. 218 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
Oral histories. (255053) $30.00
48. Kacer Kathy. Restitution: A Family’s Fight for Their Heritage Lost in the Holocaust. Second Story, 2010. 309 pp. Family fled Czechoslovakia to Canada and their attemtps to retrieve valuable paintings. Very Good. Paperback. (268045) $15.00
49. Kalmansohn, Mark E. Nothing is Too Late: The Hunt for a Holocaust Swindler. Potomac, 2004. 285 pp. Lucian Kozminski, a survivor of four Nazi death camps and an alleged SS collaborator, who embarked on a scheme to steal huge sums of money that the postwar German government had set aside as restitution for Holocaust survivors. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (268034) $20.00
50. Kempner, Benedicta Maria. Priester vor Hitlers Tribunalen. Munchen: Rotten und Loening, 1966. 496 pp. inscribed by the author. good. Hardcover .
Priests who resisted the Nazis. (267993) $25.00
51. Kershaw Ian. Hitler: 1889-1936 Hubris. Norton, 1999. 844 pp. dj torn. Good +. Hardcover . (267988) $15.00
52. Klempner Mark. The Heart Has Reasons: Dutch Rescuers of Jewish Children during the Holocaust; Updated version. Night Stand Books, 2012. 225 pp. with a chapter trying to understand altruism. Very Good. Paperback. (268050) $18.00
53. Korn, Abram,. Abe’s Story: A Holocaust Memoir. Longstreet, 1995. 195 pp.dj tears survivor of Auschwitz. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (268036) $17.00
54. Ladwig Winters Simone. Anwalt ohne Recht – Das Schicksal judischer Rechtsanwalte in Berlin nach 1933
. Bra Bra, 2007. 309 pp.slight creases to dj heavy book filled with biographies also of the Lawyers. Very Good. Hardcover . (266506) $30.00
55. Langkau-Alex, Ursula (Hrsg). Was soll aus Deutschland werden? Der Council for a Democratic Germany in New York 1944-1945. Campus, 1995. 315 pp. inscribed by author. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
Important collection of essays (254946) $28.00
56. Lehmden Anton (Meisterschule Lehmden). Theresienstadt; Exhibition Ausstellung Vystava. Wien: Project Gedenkdienst, 1963. 62 pages. Very good. Wrapper.
Paintings of the students of the Lehmden master school after a stay at the site of the Terezin Memorial. (268003) $30.00
57. Lowenthal, E.G. Bewahrung im Untergang: Ein Gedenkbuch: Council of Jews from Germany. Stuttgart: DVA, 1966. 202 Very Good. Cloth.
Biographies of Jewish leaders who perished in the Shoah. (268019) $15.00
58. Marsalek Hans . Mauthausen 8. 8. 1938 – 5.5. 1945. Wien: Osterreichische Lagergemeinschaft Mauthausen,, nd. 32 pp. distributed at the camp for visitors, text and photos. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (268008) $23.00
59. Massoutie, Louis. Judaisme et Marxisme. Paris: Libr Acad Perrin, 1939. 12mo 218 pp.library markings Written from anti Semitic perspective. Good. Hardcover . (249975) $27.00
60. Merti, Betty. Understanding the Holocaust. Portland: Walch, 1982. For use in high schols. 295 pp. good. spiral bound. (268004) $15.00
61. Michael Marrus. The Nazi Holocaust; : historical articles on the destruction of European Jews. Meckler, 1989. 9 volumes in 15 : illustrations Essential reference work Volume titles: 1. Perspectives on the Holocaust –2. The origins of the Holocaust –3. The “final solution” : the implementation of mass murder (2 v. ) –4. The “final solution” outside of Germany (2 v. ) –5. Public opinion and relations to the Jews in Nazi Europe (2 v. ) –6. The victims of the Holocaust (2 v. ) –7. Jewish resistance to the Holocaust –8. Bystanders to the Holocaust (3 v. ) — 9. The end of the Holocaust. Very Good. Hardcover .
An investigation into the causes of the Holocaust, this volume establishes the ideological, legal, administrative, social and political precedents in Germany and Europe that facilitated the systematic mass murder of Jews. This book sets the stage for studies in later works in this series. (Worldcat) (268053) $750.00
62. Michman Jozeph. Pinkas HaKehillot – Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities The Netherlands. Yad Vashem, 1985. 557 pp. dj torn In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261837) $76.00
63. Moore Bob. Victims and Survivors; The Nazi Persecution of the Jews in the Netherlands 1940-1045. Arnold, 1997. 340 pages. Very good. Paperback. (268070) $27.00
64. Morrison David. Heroes, Antiheroes, and the Holocaust: American Jewry and Historical Choice. Milah, 1995. 333 pp. Important research on the work of Peter Bergson and various rescue attempts. Very Good. Hardcover . (268037) $20.00
65. Mosher Paul (editor). Bulletin of the American Psychoanalytic Asociation Volume II. American Psychoanalytic Asociation, June 1938 to June 1939. 117 pp. tears to spine, Report of the Ememrgency Committee on Relief and Immigration pg 41-57 Good +. Paperback.
Helping refugee analysts get setlled and find work in the USA. (267997) $46.00
66. Murray Bruce. Film and the German Left in the Weimar Republic: From Caligari to Kuhle Wampe. Univ of Texas, 1990. 293 pp. slight library markings. Good. Hardcover . (268027) $19.00
67. Nasser Stephen. My Brother’s Voice: How a Young Hungarian Boy Survived the Holocaust: A True Story. Stephens Press, 2003. 232 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (268043) $18.00
68. Neue Gesellschaft. Wem gehort die Welt-Kunst und Gesellschaft in der Weimarer Republik: Katalog. Berlin: Neue Gesellschaft fur Bilde, 1977. 582 pp.covers worn. good. Wrapper.
Exhibition catalog. Masive work. Filled with essays and photos and drawings. (254421) $36.00
69. Nossig Manfred. Literaturdebatten in der Weimarer Republik. Zur Entwicklung des marxistischen literaturtheoretischen Denkens 1918-1933. Berlin: Aufbau, 1980. 811 pp. some pencil underlining. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (255100) $25.00
70. Opdyke Irene Gut. Into the Flames The story of a Righteous Gentile. NY: Borgo, 1992. 176 pp. signed copy. Very Good-. Stiff Wrapper.
Heroic Polish Catholic woman and her actions during the Holocaust in protecting and rescuing Jews. (268054) $17.00
71. Piechotka, Maria and Kazimierz. Wooden Synagogues. Warsaw: Arkady, 1959. 220 pp. sfep dj slight tears, book plate of former owner. good. Hardback & DJ.
Published by the Institute of Polish Architectecture of the Polytechnic of Warsaw. Drawings,sketches,photos of destroyed synagogues. Essential reference work (268058) $72.00
72. Pinkas HaKehillot – Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities Hungary. Yad Vashem, 1976. 557 pp. dj torn In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261835) $85.00
73. Pritchard Marietta. Among Strangers A Family Story. Impress, 2010. 274 pp.inscribed. Very Good. Hardcover .
Autobiography of Hungarian Jewish family and their coming to the States during the Shoah with extensive material on Hungarian Jewish past. (268024) $20.00
74. Ramon Naomi. Le Zecher Kehilat Tarnov. Tel Aviv: Moriah High School Yad Vashem. 30 pp. In Hebrew on the town, its people, destruction and survivors in Israel. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264959) $20.00
75. Rathkolb Oliver. Politische Propaganda der amerikanischen Besatzungsmacht in Osterreich 1945 bis 1950 : ein Beitrag zur Geschichte des Kalten Krieges in der Presse- Kultur- und Rundfunpolitik. Wien: Universitat Wien, 1981. 607 pp. in two volumes, PhD theses. Very Good. Hardcover . (258426) $35.00
76. Reichmann, Eva. Grosse und Verhangnis deutsch-judischer Existenz; Zeugnisse einer tragischen Begegnung. Heidelberg: Schneider, 1974. 294pp; Good. Hardcover .
By author of Hostages of Civilization; important collection of essays on German Jewish life Includes essays on the Shoah (268020) $18.00
77. Reinharz Jehuda (editor). Living with Antisemitism: Modern Jewish Responses. Hanover: UPNE, 1987. 494 pp. good. Hardback & DJ.
Twenty two previously unpublished essays by scholars analyzing responses since the Emancipation,one section devoted to the Shoa (236246) $10.00
78. Reisman Arnold . Refugees and Reforms Turkeys’ Journey; Refugees from Nazism and Ataturk’s Vision. Booksurge , 2009. 420 pages Additional information to earlier work and details adjustments of refugees in Turkey and their conflicts with each other Important work. New. Paperback.
Exiles and refugees who went to Turkey in the 1930s and helped found Universities and institutes. (268067) $25.00
79. Reisman Arnold . Turkey’s Modernization; Refugees from Nazism and Ataturk’s Vision. New Academia, 2006. 570 pages. New. Paperback.
Exiles and refugees who went to Turkey in the 1930s and helped found Universities and institutes. (258148) $20.00
80. Richarz, Monika. Judisches Leben in Deutschland: Band 1: Selbstzeugnisse zur Sozialgeschichte 1780 – 1871. Band 2 Selbstzeugnisse zur Sozialgeschichte im Kaiserreich. Band 3 : Selbstzeugnisse zur Sozialgeschichte 1918-1945. Nordlingen: DVA, 1982. .++ pages dj slight tears internally clean. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (252019) $48.00
81. Rivlin Bracha . Pinkas HaKehillot – Encyclopaedia of Jewish Communities from their Foundations till after the Holocaust Greece. Yad Vashem, 1998. 534 p. dj torn In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261839) $95.00
82. Rossing Karl. Mein Vorurteil gegen diese Zeit 100 Holzschnitte; nachwort von Manes Sperber. Hofmann und Campe, 1974. 207 + 25 pp. with 100 illustrations inscription in pen not by author on fep . : 100 woodcuts, anti Nazi artist who remained in Germany during the War, examples of his work reminiscent of the best graphics of Grosz and Masereel. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (267953) $23.00
83. Rubinstein, Erna. After the Holocaust: The Long Road to Freedom. North Haven: Archon, 1995. 186 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
Memoir of survival of Auschwitz and the years after the War.the DP camps, the UN relief, the Jewish refugee workers. (268033) $17.00
84. Rulf, Schlomo. Strome im durren Land Lebenserinnerungen eines deutschen Juden. frankfurt: DVA, 1964. His life experiences fleing Germany for Palestine. 12mo 304 pp. good. Hardcover . (268018) $24.00
85. Ryan Donna. The Holocaust and the Jews of Marseille The Enforcement of Anti-Semitic Policies in Vichy France. Urbana: Univ. of Illinois, 1996. 306 pp. Very Good. Paperback. (267921) $16.00
86. Schlesak Dieter. The Druggist of Auschwitz: A Documentary Novel. FSG, 2011. Story based on Viktor Capesius who was tried at Frankfurt as part of the Auchwitz Trials, based on historical research and interviews/ Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (268005) $16.00
87. Schmid, Kurt (editor); Serotta, Edward (SIGNED). Der Pogrom 1938; Judenverfolgung in Osterreich und Deutschland. Wien: Picus, 1990. Dokumentation eines Symposiums der Volkshochschule Brigittenau 114 pages . Very good. Wrapper. (245145) $25.00
88. Schulz Fritz Otto Hermann Institut zum Studium der Judenfrage. Jude und Arbeiter Ein Abschnitt aus der Tragodie des deutschen Volkes. Munchen: Nibelungen-Ver, 1942. 2. Auflage. 191 pp. pages yellowing but not brittle. Good. cloth.
Nazi institute trying to put a ‘scholarly’ spin to Nazi doctrines . Claiming Jewish basis to Communism and includes photos of Jewish leaders. Abgabe nur zu Zwecken der wissenschaftlichen und kulturhistorischen Forschung (255003) $85.00
89. Segel Binjamin. Der Weltkrieg und das Schicksal des jüdischen Volkes Stimme eines galizischen Juden an seine Glaubensgenossen in den neutralen Ländern insbesondere in Amerika. Stilke, 1915. 4. Auflage. 144 pp. library marked. Good. Boards. (267932) $20.00
90. Serotta, Edward. Jews, Germany Memory: A Contemporary Portrait. Berlin: Nicolai, 1996. 160 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
A beautiful work filled with photos and text of Jewish life in Germany today. (268030) $35.00
91. Sichel Frieda. From refugee to citizen: A sociological study of the immigrants from Hitler-Europe who settled in Southern Africa. Balkema, 1966. 169 pp. Very Good. Hardcover . (250186) $47.00
92. Signer Michael (editor). Humanity at the Limit The Impact of the Holocaust Experience on Jews and Christians. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 2000. 544 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
An interfaith international and interdisciplinary debate on the impact of the Holocaust. Conference proceedings. (245596) $25.00
93. Singer Charles. The Christian Approach to Jews Memorandum prepared for the International Missionary Council. London: George Allen, 1937. 30 pp. slight library marks On the proper response to the growing Anti Semitism and Nazism. Good. Wrapper. (251751) $26.00
94. Smith G S. A social and diplomatic history of American Extremism 1933-1941 in two parts. University Microfilms, 1969. PhD theses 761 pp. number taped to spine and slight library stamp on fep. Very Good. Paperback. (255147) $35.00
95. Sonnenfeld Leni. Eyes of Memory. Yale UP, 2005. 144 pages. Very good+. Hardback & DJ.
Photographs from the archives of Herbert and Leni Sonnenfeld of prewar Berlin and aliyah in the 1930s and 1940s and Jewish communities around the world and Israel Magnificent and inspiring (268029) $15.00
96. Spann Othmar (inscribed). Kategorienlehre. Fischer, 1924. Inscribed by author in pen on free end paper 372 pages tears to crown of spine and side of backstrip. Good. Boards.
Nationalist whose writing influenced Nazi thinking. Taught at the Univ of Vienna students included Friedrich Hayek, Oskar Morgenstern and Eric Vogelin, Removed from his post by the Nazis in 1938.
97. Speier, Hans. From the Ashes of Disgrace: A Journal from Germany: 1945-55. Amherst: Univ. of Mass, 1981. 314 pp. dj slight tears. good. Hardback & DJ.
Exile political scientist’s reflections on his return and reeducation programs in Germany (251838) $15.00
98. Spiel, Hilde. Die hellen und die finsteren Zeiten : Erinnerungen 1911 – 1946., Frankfurt: List, 1989. 263 pp. Memoirs of refugee from Nazi Germany who settled in England, became journalist and correpondent., prolific author, grew up in Vienna and was active in Socialist Party. Good. Hardback & DJ. (255102) $25.00
99. Steen Jurgen. Jugend im nationalsozialistischen Frankfurt. Ausstellungsdokumentation, Zeitzeugenerinnerungen, Publikum. Historisches Museum, 1987. 378 pp. front cover and front of book creased at bottom. Good-. Paperback. (267919) $15.00
100. Steffens Manfred. Freimaurer in Deutschland. Bilanz eines Vierteljahrtausends., Wikff, 1964. 636 pp.dj torn with chapters on fate during NS and afte the War rebuilding. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (268098) $30.00
101. Stern George. Vanished Boyhood (The Azrieli Series of Holocaust Survivor Memoirs). Azriieli, 2013. 141 pp.Hidden in Hungary. Very Good. Paperback. (268040) $16.00
102. Stieve Friedrich. Ce que le monde n’a pas voulu. Les offres de paix faites par Hitler entre 1933 et 1939. Bruxelles: Maison International, 1940?. 23 pp. also published in Berlin, pro Hitler perspective. Good. Wrapper. (267972) $30.00
103. Sullivan Rosemary. Villa Air Bel; World War II and a House in Marseille. Harper Collins, 2006. 476 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
The lives of Andre Breton, Max Ernst, Victor Serge, Marc Chagall, Consuelo de Saint Exupery, Remedios Varo and Benjamin Peret as they seek refuge in Villa Air Bel from the Nazis and the Vichy Government. Varian Fry became involved with rescuing many of them with the ERC. (268073) $15.00
104. Tanay, Emanuel. Passport to Life: Autobiographical Reflections on the Holocaust. Forensic Press, 2014. 290 pp. Reflections by well known psychiatrist who survived the Shoah in Hungary. Very Good. Paperback. (268042) $20.00
105. Toury Jacob. Die politischen Orientierungen der Juden in Deutschland: Von Jena bis Weimar. Mohr, 1966. 387 pp. sfep. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (266435) $20.00
106. Verband Deutscher Studentenschaften (VDS) Krippendorff E. Erziehungswesen und Judentum. Die Darstellung d. Judentums in d. Lehrerbildung u. im Schulunterricht. Ner Tamid, 1960. 154 pp. slight library marks. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
How are the Jewish people portrayed in German school books and instruction. (267998) $23.00
107. Vercors. Le Songe. Paris: Egloff, 1945. Printed in Switzerland. 8vo 45 pp. good. wrapper.
Vercors, pseudonym of Jean Marcel Bruller (born Feb. 26, 1902, Paris, France—died June 10, 1991, Paris), French novelist and artist-engraver, who wrote Le Silence de la mer (1941; The Silence of the Sea), a patriotic tale of self-deception and of the triumph of passive resistance over evil. The novella was published clandestinely in Nazi-occupied Paris and served to rally a spirit of French defiance. (255015) $25.00
108. Visser ‘t Hooft, W. A. The struggle of the Dutch church for the maintenance of the commandments of God in the life of the state. SCM, 1945. 94 pp, translated from the German, slight library marks. Good. Wrapper.
Messages, lettters, prayers issued by the church during Nazi occupation. One on the Dismissal of Jewish Officials (OCtober 1940) another a Declaration on the Deportation of the Jews (July 1942) Pastoral about NS Philosophy (1943) (267999) $18.00
109. Volkov Shulamit. Judisches Leben und Antisemitismus im 19 und 20 Jahrhundert; Zehn Essays. Beck, 1992. 232 pages. Very good. Paperback. (246320) $30.00
110. Walk Joseph . Pinkas HaKehillot – Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities -Germany Wurttemberg Hohenzollern Baden. Yad Vashem, 1986. 548 pp. dj torn In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (261831) $50.00
111. Wallach Jafa. Bitter Freedom: Memoirs of a Holocaust Survivor. Hermitage, 2006. 187 pp. covers creased Escaped from concentration camp and hidden during the War by Polish friend. Good +. Paperback. (268044) $16.00
112. Walzer Tina. Unser Wien – “Arisierung” auf osterreichisch. Aufbau, 2001. 288 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (266520) $65.00
113. Weinzierl, Erika u. Otto D. Kulka (Hrsg.). Vertreibung und Neubeginn – Israelische Burger osterreichischer Herkunft. Bohlau, 1992. 561 pp. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (266518) $30.00
114. Weiss G. From the attic to the classroom to the stage: History through drama : the Holocaust at Yavneh Academy, Paramus, New Jersey. Yavneh Academy, 2001. 176 pp.Play based on survivor testimonies written and performed by students at the Academy. Very Good. Hardcover . (268039) $20.00
115. Wiehn Erhard. Schriften zur Schoah und Judaica. Hartung, 1992. 593 pp. seven essays concerning the Holocaust five on Martin Buber rest on various Jewish subjects. Good. Paperback. (268074) $20.00
116. Wiener Margarete. Vom nationalsozialistischenwirtschaftsprogramm. Philo, 1931. 36 pp. library spine and slight library mark on pastedown, pencil marked. Good. Wrapper.
Morgenreihe 10 Schrift written to counter the antisemitic program of NS (267952) $40.00
117. Wiernik, Yankiel. Tremblinka El Infierno Nazi. Pro Cultura, 1945. 88 pp. In Spanish, fragile, lacks cover, paper yellowing but nor brittle. fair. Wrapper.
First published in Yiddish in 1944 (Ein Yor in Treblinke) (251923) $20.00
118. Wistrich, Robert (editor). Anti-Zionism and Antisemitism in the Contemporary World. NY: NYU Press, 1990. 213 pp. new. Hardback & DJ.
Communist and Left Anti-Zionism, Muslim,Arab and Third World Anti-Zionism, Western Anti-Zionism. Fifteen essays (244531) $30.00
119. WPA Engelhard Erich. The Salaried Employee (Die Angestellen). Columbia Univ. WPA, 1939. 74 pp. Daniel Bell’s copy. Good. bound mimeograph.
From Kolner Vierteljahrhefte fur Soziolgie heft 4 1932 pp479-532 Translated from the German by A Lissance under WPA grant (247035) $45.00
120. Wronski, Stanislaw (editor). Polacy Zydzi: 1939-1945. Warsaw: Ksiqzka j Wiedza, 1971. 463 pp. good. Hardback & DJ.
Extensive documentation and photographs.Jewish life in Poland under the Nazis. (267918) $18.00
121. Wyschogrod, Edith. Spirit in Ashes: Hegel, Heidegger, and Man-Made Mass Death. New Haven: Yale UP, 1985. 246 pp.How the perception of death changed and impact on the Holocaust. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (268071) $18.00
122. Wyszogrod Morris. A Brush with Death: an artist in the death camps. Albany: SUNY, 1999. 254 pp. new. Paperback.
Polish survivor of Warsaw and various camps, detailed descriptions of expereinces and Nazis (268072) $15.00
123. The Year of Destiny 1948 Annual Report. American Joint Distribution, 1948. 23 pp. had been folded in half, reports and photos of refugees. Good +. Wrapper. (254895) $35.00
124. Yudkin, Leon. Hebrew Literature in the Wake of the Holocaust. NY: Farleigh Dickinson, 1993. 130 pp. library name stamped on fore edge. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (262525) $17.00
125. Yung de Prevaux, Aude. Love in the Tempest of History; A French Resistance Story. Free Press, 2001. 208 pages. Very good. Hardback & DJ.
Daughter recreates the lives of the parents she never knew Resistance leaders in the South of France ,mother was a Polish born American Jewish woman who lived in France and father a vice admiral in the French Navy (228684) $15.00
126. Zweig,Stephan (preface by) Stonehill C A (edited by). The Jewish Contribution to Civilization. Cheltenham: C A Stonehill,Booksellers, 1940. Catalog No 144.. 12mo 198 pp. Good. stiff wrap.
First attempt by a bookseller to give a bibliographical survey to the entire contribution.Tremendous, Reflection on the plight of the Jews in Europe (265220) $35.00