1. Ainsztein Reuben. Jewish Resistance in Nazi-Occupied Europe: with a historical survey of the Jew as fighter and soldier in the Diaspora. Barnes and Noble, 1974. 970 pp.dj torn at base of spine. several pages have slight pen marks in margin. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (264485) $110.00
2. Aleksium Natalia (editor). Biuletyn Zydowskiego Instytutu Historycznego. Warsaw: Jewish Historic Institute, 1964. Nr 52 147 pp. paper yellowing and some loose pages articles in Polish pencil marks along side some articles, Lodz Lvov written in pen on cover filled with articles . Good-. Wrapper. (264459) $30.00
3. Aleksium Natalia (editor). Biuletyn Zydowskiego Instytutu Historycznego. Warsaw: Jewish Historic Institute, 1967. Nr 62 158 pages articles in Polish pencil marks along side some articles, Yiddish words in red written on cover, filled with articles . Good. Wrapper. (264458) $30.00
4. Alexander, Thomas and Beryl Parker. The New Education in the German Republic. NY: John Day Co., 1929. About schooling and the educational system in Weimar Germany. 8vo 387 pp.ex library with markings. Good condition. Hardcover . (264402) $10.00
5. Anders W. Bez Ostatniego Rozdzizlu, Wspomnienia Z Lat 1939 – 1946. Montgomeryshire, 1950. 445 pp. tear to crown of spine “Without the Last Chapter Memoirs of the Years 1939-1946” Good-. Hardcover .
General of the Polish Army fighting the Nazis with the British. “Anders Army” (264445) $20.00
6. Arad Yitzhak. Partisan, The: From the Valley of Death to Mount Zion. Holocaust Library, 1979. 241 pp. slight pen marks pastedown. Very Good-. Paperback.
Partisan in the Lithuanian forests fighting the Nazis (264451) $18.00
7. Azema Jean Pierre. Le Regime de Vichy et les Francais. Fayard, 1996. 788 pp bookplate. Very Good. Paperback. (264367) $10.00
8. Bachrach, Susan ( General Editor). Liberation 1945. Washington: USHMM, 1997. .128 pp. published in conjunction with exhibit, slight crease to back cover. new. wrapper.
Excellent collection of articles on Liberation, Confronting Atrocities, DPS, War Crimes Trials, Liberators. Many photos (264501) $18.00
9. Bass, David (editor). Bibliography of Yiddish Books on the Catastrophe and Heroism: Bibliographical Series No. 11. NY: Yad Washem & YIVO, 1970. 54 pp. slight crease to cover. new. wrapper.
Second supplementary part of Vol. 3 in the Series. (264399) $10.00
10. Bauer, Otto. Der Aufstand der osterreichischen Arbeiter: Seine Ursachen und seine Wickungen. Prag: Deutsche sozialdem Arbeitpartei, 1934. 2nd. 12mo 32 pp.rebound in wrapper, lacks part of title page. Good. wrapper.
Fighting the fascists (264427) $15.00
11. Benes Edvard (preface). Two Years of German oppression in Czechoslovakia. London: Czech Ministry, 1941. .151 pages slight library marks. Good. Wrapper.
Includes material on the Persecution of Christian Churches and the Persecution of the Jews,destruction of Czech Schools (264414) $12.00
12. Berenstein, Tatiana and Rutkowski, Adam. Assistance to the Jews in Poland 1939-1945. Polonia, 1963. 83 pp.covers bit worn. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264449) $16.00
13. Berghash Mark . Jews and Germans, Aspects of the True Self (CMP Bulletin Volume 4 Number 5). Calif Museum of Photography, 1985. 45 pp. water stains to last cornes of pages not affecting text Haunting photos and interviews with survivors. Good-. Stiff Wrapper. (264469) $21.00
14. Berkowitz Judith. Young voices from the ghetto : a collection of children’s and young people’s poetry written in the ghettos of World War II. NEJS Brandeis, 1979. 60 pp. stapled mimeograph. Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264457) $36.00
15. Braham Randolph editor. Perspectives on the Holocaust. SSM, 1984. 501 pp. dj torn. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264503) $23.00
16. Brose, Eric. Christian Labor and the Politics of Frustration in Imperial Germany. Washington: Catholic University, 1985. 8vo 410 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (264431) $9.00
17. Browning Christopher. The Final Solution and the German Foreign Office; A Study of Referat D III of Abteilung Deutschland 1940-43. Holmes and Meier, 1978. 276 pp. bottom of spine slightly bumped. Very Good. Hardcover . (264498) $72.00
18. Congdon, Lee. Exile and Social Thought: Hungarian Intellectuals in Germany and Austria: 1919-1933. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1991. 8vo 376 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (264417) $10.00
19. Coudenhove-Kalergi, Heinrich (Richard) Graf (inscribed). Das Wesen des Antisemitismus; Antisemitismus nach dem Weltkrieg. Leipzig: Pan Europa, 1932. 12.-15. Tausend. 284 pp. dj is detached, tears to backstrip, paper yellowing but not brittle. Fair-Good. Wrapper.
Inscribed (to Ernst Bardach) by R.N Coudenhove-Kalergi, May 1934 (264420) $20.00
20. Eilati Shalom. Crossing the River. Alabama, 2009. 293 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
“Crossing the River” is a personal memoir–and more. Against the backdrop of Lithuania’s occupation–first by the Red Army, next by the Germans, and then again by the Russians–it is a story reflected through the prism of a sharp-eyed young child, Shalom Eilati. His story starts in the occupied Kovno Ghetto and ends with his flight across the Soviet border, through Poland and Germany and finally, his arrival in Palestine. (from the blurb) (264429) $10.00
21. Fox Tamar. Inherited Memories; Israeli Children of Holocaust Survivors. Cassell, 1999. 198 pp. Very good condition. Paperback.
First part the children pesent their parents’ past. The second part is a review of the professional literature on “second generation” children. Specifics to children growing up in Israel in the 1950s and 1960s , issues of Israeli politics also (264373) $5.00
22. Friedman Philip and Gar Joseph. Bibliografye fun Yidishe Bikher Vegn Khurban un Gevurah/ Bibliography of Yiddish Books on the Catastrophe and Heroism Joint Documentary Projects Bibliographical Series No. 3. Yad Vashem, 1962. 330 pp. number taped to spine ands light library mark on fep in plastic cover. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264406) $25.00
23. Geve Thomas. Es gibt hier keine Kinder: Auschwitz/ Groß-Rosen/ Buchenwald – Zeichnungen eines kindlichen Historikers. gottingen: Wallstein, 1997. 152 pp. Good. Hardcover .
The drawings were of Auschwitz, Gross Rosen and Buchenwald by Geve himself. He hid when Buchenwald was evacuated and was rescued with the other 900 children who hid. He began making these color pencil drawings of all his experiences in the three camps at that time. Small quarto oblong. (264440) $85.00
24. Gilbert Martin. The Righteous The Unsung Heroes of the Holocaust. Holt, 2003. 529 pp dj creased at top of spine. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket.
True stories of rescuers of Jews during the Shoah, many previously inknown. (264410) $9.00
25. Gruber, Samuel. I Chose Life. NY: Shengold, 1978. 158 pp.dj creased. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
With the partisans fighting the Nazis. inscribed (264438) $12.00
26. Grunspan Roman. The Uprising of the Death Box of Warsaw : a documentary book about Jewish and Christian lives under Nazi rule in the Warsaw ghetto and in the non-Jewish region of Warsaw. Vantage, 1978. 222 pp. dj torn, tape on spine, Memoir of Resistance fighter in Warsaw Ghetto, survived and fought with “Umbrella Group” against the Nazis. Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264446) $68.00
27. Guber, Rivka (compiler). Village of the Brothers (Memoirs of the Members of Kfar Ahim). NY: Shengold, 1979. 192 pp. dj tears . Very Good. Hardback & DJ.
Israeli community whose members are Eastern European survivors of the Nazi Holocaust; twenty seven memoirs. (260704) $16.00
28. Gutman, Yisrael, (editor). Patterns of Jewish Leadership in Nazi Europe: 1933-1945. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem, 1979. 419 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
Proceedings of the Third Yad Vashem Int Historical Conference (264492) $30.00
29. Horthy Admiral Nicholas. Memoirs. Garland, 1978. 268 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
Head of Hungary and his foreign policy led him into an alliance with Germany in the 1930s..Controversial figure in his dealing and compliance with Hitler,Hitler finally invaded Hungary.and ultimately had Horthy arrested. (264495) $36.00
30. Johnpoll Bernard. The Politics of Futility The General Jewish Workers Bund of Poland, 1917-1943. Cornell, 1967. 297 pp. slight tears to dj. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264491) $32.00
31. Kahn Leon. No Time to Mourn: The True Story of a Jewish Partisan Fighter. Laurelton Pess, 1974. 211 pp. Long inscription from the author in Yiddish. Born in Eisiskes.Lithuania. Details the complicity of the local population in murdering of the Jews. Became active partisan fighter, After the War able to emigrate to Vancourver, Good. Paperback. (264436) $25.00
32. Kallay Nicholas. Hungarian Premier: a Personal Account of a Nation’s Struggle in the Second World War. Greenwood, 1970. 518 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
Was a Hungarian politician who served as Prime Minister of Hungary during World War II, from 9 March 1942 to 22 March 1944.Removed by Horthy, captured by Nazis and survived Dachau and Mauthausen. (264496) $36.00
33. Kantorowicz, Hermann. The Spirit of British Policy: And the Myth of the Encirclement of Germany. London: Allen + Unwin, 1931. 8vo 539 pp. crown bruised, small piece of fep missing. Good. cloth.
Was Professor at University of Law at Univ of Kiel, fled to the USA and then taught at Cambridge, died 1940.Sternfeld: s 255 (264378) $12.00
34. Klotzel, C.Z. Eine Judische Jugend in Hamburg Vor dem Ersten Weltkrieg. na: Verein fur Hamburg. Gesch., 1987. 52 pp. Good +. wrapper. (264365) $15.00
35. Knapp W. France: Partial Eclipse From the Stavisky Riots to the Nazi Conquest. London: Macdonald, 1972. 150 pp. good. Hardback & DJ. (264364) $15.00
36. Koehl Robert. RKFDV: German resettlement and population policy, 1939-1945 a history of the Reich Commision for the Strengthening of Germandom (Harvard Historical Monographs). Harvard University Press, 1957. 263 pp. dj chiped. Very Good-. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264497) $95.00
37. Kohn, Moshe (editor). Jewish Resistance During the Holocaust: Proceedings of the Conference on Manifestations of Jewish Resistance. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem, 1971. 562 pp.dj worn and torn creases to end papers sfep. Good condition. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264487) $.0
38. Kostyrchenko Gennadi. Out of the Red Shadows; Anti-Semitism in Stalin’s Russia. Amherst NY: Prometheus, 1995. 333 pages . Very good. Hardback & DJ.
Includes the Tragedy of the Jewish Committee during the War and after , Ethnocide, Escalation of the Anti Jewish Purges, the “Doctors’ Plot” etc (264472) $15.00
39. Kotlar, Helen . We Lived in a Grave. NY: Shengold, 1980. 124 pp. good. Hardback & DJ.
Memoir of the Holocaust in Poland. (264437) $10.00
40. Kowalski, Isaac , compiler. Anthology of Armed Jewish Resistance: 1939-45: Volume 1. NY: Jewish Combatants, 1984. 645 pp. accounts of partisans, dj torn. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (264461) $48.00
41. Kowalski, Isaac , compiler. Anthology of Armed Jewish Resistance: 1939-45: Volume 3. NY: Jewish Combatants, 1984. 647 pp. accounts of partisans, dj torn. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (264462) $43.00
42. Kowalski, Isaac , compiler. Anthology nf Armed Jewish Resistance: 1939-45: Volume 4. NY: Jewish Combatants, 1992. 648 pp. accounts of partisans, slight tears first few pages. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (264460) $36.00
43. Lappin, Elena (editor). Jewish Voices, German Words: Growing Up in Postwar Germany and Austria. CT: Catbird Press, 1994. 1st. 8vo 301 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (264403) $7.00
44. Latour Annie. Jewish Resistance in France 1940-1944. Holocaust Library, 1981. 287 pp, written by an acitve member of the Resistance. Good. Paperback. (264432) $16.00
45. Le Francois Louis. J’ai Faim…! Journal d’un Francais den France depuis l’Armistice. NY: Brentano, 1942. 32o pages. Good. Wrapper. (264430) $10.00
46. Lewin Isaac. These will I remember! : Biographies of Leaders of Religious Jewry in Europe who perished during the years 1939 1945 Volume 1. Research Institute of Religious Jewry, 1956. 3268pp. dj torn, In Hebrew. Good +. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264452) $55.00
47. Lewis, Helen. A Time to Speak. NY: Carroll and Graf, 1994. 132 pp.dj tears. Good +. Hardback & DJ.
Holocaust memoir by survivor of Terezin and Auschwitz. (264393) $10.00
48. Machover, J M. Dix Ans Apres la Chute de Hitler; 1945-1955. Paris: Editions du Centre, 1957. 306 pages, number on spine and slight library marks. Good +. Hardcover . (264413) $10.00
49. Mahler, Raphael. Hasidism and the Jewish Enlightenment: Their Confrontation in Galicia and Poland in the First Half of the 19th Century. Phil: JPS, 1985. 412 pp.dj chipped Background material to Jewish life in the diaspora of Galicia and Poland in the 1850s and approach to life. good. Hardback & DJ. (264489) $23.00
50. Mark Ber. Powstanie W Ghetcie Warszawskiem (Bibljoteczka Zwiazku Patrjotow Polskich W Zsrr). Moscow: Zwiazku Patrojotow Polskich W Zsrr, 1944. 70 pp. 12 mo. taped spine, first eight pages lack small pieces at bottom side not affecting text paper in good shape. Good-. Stiff Wrapper.
First account of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising by participant and published in USSR. (264453) $385.00
51. Mendelsohn John introduction. Relief in Hungary and the Failure of the Joel Brand Mission Volume 15. Garland, 1982. 247 pp. Volume 15 in an 18 volume series The Holocaust. Very Good. Hardcover . (264493) $58.00
52. Mendelsohn, Ezra. The Jews of East Central Europe Betwen the World Wars. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1983. 300 pp.dj torn. Good +. Hardback & DJ. (264396) $10.00
53. Milner Sonja. Sonja: Survival in War and Peace. Shengold, 1984. 91 pp. Born in Krewo near Vilna, Memoir survived labor camps and concentration camps. Good +. Paperback. (264455) $23.00
54. Muller, Filip. Eyewitness Auschwitz: Three Years in the Gas Chambers. NY: Stein and Day, 1981. 180 pp. slight library mark and number taped to spine. Good +. Hardcover .
Testimony of a man who saw the deaths of millions and survived. Essential document. (264434) $15.00
55. Neufeld Michael. The Rocket and the Reich: Peenemunde and the Coming of the Ballistic Missile Era. Free Press, 1993. 368 pp. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264483) $12.00
56. Paape Abraham Harry. De Dagboeken van Anne Frank. Amsterdam: Bakker, 1986. Rijksinstituut voor Oorlogsdocumentatie 714 pages dj torn , foxing to top fore edge. Good condition. Hardback & DJ. (264397) $25.00
57. Papen, Franz von. Memoirs. NY: Dutton, 1953. 634 pp. water mark on one of first pages. good. cloth.
Politician and statesman who played a major role in Hitler’s drive to power.Explains his reasons for support and opposition. (264470) $9.00
58. Pinkus Benjamin editor. National Jewish Solidarity in the Modern Period. Ben Gurion, 1988. 380 pp. In Hebrew with essays on the SHoah. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264482) $26.00
59. Presser, Dr J. The Destruction of Dutch Jewry. Dutton, 1969. 1st. 556 pp.dj worn and torn, evidence of paper clip three pages slight brown stains. good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264490) $12.00
60. Robinson, Jacob and Sachs, Henry. The Holocaust: The Nuremberg Evidence: Part One: Documents. Jerusalem: Yad Vashem, 1976. 8vo 370 pp. Very Good. cloth.
Digest, Index and Chronological Tables prepared by Robinson and Sachs. Joint project of YIVO and Yad Vashem. (264500) $48.00
61. Robinson, Jacob. Uprooted Jews in the Immediate PostWar World; Macmillan Co. N.Y.: International Conciliation, 1943. 291-310 pp. reprint. good. Stiff Wrapper. (265023) $16.00
62. Rosenberg, Maxine. Hiding to Survive: Stories of Jewish Children Rescued from the Holocaust. NY: Clarion Books, 1994. 166 pp. Good. Hardback & DJ. (265320) $5.00
63. Rubinowicza, Dawida. Pamietnik. Ksiazka, 1960. 122 pp. lacks covers In the original Polish Diary of young boy from 1940-41 before his deporatation and murder at Treblinka. Good. Paperback. (264447) $15.00
64. Russin, Suzanne Sturmthal. Democracy Under Fire –Memoirs of a European Socialist –Adolf Sturmthal. Durham: Duke, 1989. 8vo 207 pp. refugee labor leader, Austrian Social Democrat, material on Austria post WW1 and 1920s 1930s . Very good+. Hardback & DJ.
Refugee labor leader (264366) $8.00
65. Saidel, Rochelle. Never Too Late to Remember: The Politics Behind New York City’s Holocaust Museum. Ny: Holmes and Meier, 1996. 8vo 290 pp. new. Hardback & DJ. (264405) $9.00
66. Segal Lore. Other People’s Houses. Harcourt, Brace, 1964. 307 pp. Sent from Vienna on a kindertransport, eventually came to England, shunted to various homes, her parents got out and became servants. After the War came to Dominican Republic while waiting for visa to USA. Beautifully written work. Also wrote Her First American and Lucinella. Very Good. Hardcover & Dust Jacket. (264443) $45.00
67. Simonow Konstanty. Obóz zagłady (extermination Camp). Moskwa: Wydawn. literatury w językach obcych, 1944. 24 pp. paper yellowing but not brittle, somewhat fragile, with about 10 pictures of the Lublin camp, one page of photos caught in half and may be lacking half a page of the photo, tear along side of cover lacking about inch triangle, next few pages creases, drawing on cove of smoke belching from an extermination camp chimney. Good-. Stiff Wrapper.
Simonov was a poet and playwright and during the War was a Soviet correspondent, (264454) $175.00
68. Spalek, John. Deutsche Exilliteratur seit 1933: Kalifornien: Zwei Bande. Bern: Francke, 1976. 867+213 pp. Very Good. Paperback.
Exile writers in Hollywood and California. Text and Bibliography. Important reference. (264385) $36.00
69. Sturmthal, Adolf. The Tragedy of European Labor 1918-1939. N.Y.: Columbia University Press, 1943. 389 pp. Good +. Hardcover .
chapters on Hitler Socialist Foreign Policy and Fascism The Popular Front Underground Movement (264372) $15.00
70. Szajkowski, Zosa (inscribed by). Analytical Franco-Jewish Gazetteer 1939-1945 With an Introduction to Some Problems in writing the History of the Jews in France During World War II. NY: AAJR, 1966. 350 pp. Important French American Jewish historian whose life was cut short by the discovery of his history of thefts from Jewish archives, See Lisa Leff’s book The Archive Thief. Very Good-. Hardcover . (264486) $85.00
71. Tahan Ilana. Memorial Volumes to Jewish Communities Destroyed in the Holocaust: A bibliography of British library holdings. British Library, 2004. Royal octavo, black cloth with gold lettering, color frontispiece photo, xiv, 89 pp. Very Good. Hardcover .
Memorial Books in the sections organized by Countries and Regions and in the Encyclopedia Volumes, index of Towns and Villages, index of Variant Spellings, List of Abbreviations, 306 volumes are catalogued Selective Bibliography Introduction by Martin Gilbert. (258453) $15.00
72. These Four Men: Winston Churchill, Joseph Stalin, Adold Hitler Franklin D. Roosevelt; a Series of Radio Dramatizations Presented By the National Broadcasting Company. NBC, 1941. 67 pp. ex library with markings, first few pages slight tears to top corners. Good. Hardcover .
Includes letter from NBC vice president to local library promoting the work. (264422) $10.00
73. Treffen ehemaliger Eschweger Mitburger judischen Glaubens in der Kreisstadt Eschwege vom 25 Oktober bis 01 November 1989 Zeitungsartikel. Eschwege: Zeitungen, 1989. about 50 pages of xeoroxes of articles appearing in the local papers of visits and reunions of former residents of Eschwege who had fled in the 1930s from their homes. Good. Wrapper. (264415) $35.00
74. Trunk, Isaiah. Jewish Responses to Nazi Persecution: Collective and Individual Behavior in Extremis. Stein, 1979. 368 pp. Important work dj bit worn and torn. Good +. Hardcover . (264488) $18.00
75. Turner, Henry. German Big Business and the Rise of Hitler. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1985. 504 pp. Very Good. Hardback & DJ. (264502) $9.00
76. Wallace Bert. Der Sturm zieht auf: Die Lebenserinnerungen eines deutschen Juden bis zu seiner Flucht 1939. Ahrimann, 1988. 127 pp. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264441) $22.00
77. Winkler Gabriela et al. Schatten des Zweiten Weltkrieges : eine Standortbestimmung; Tagung der Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Aussenpolitik, 5. April 1997 im Hotel Bellevue, Bern = Le rôle de la Suisse pendant la Seconde Guerre Mondiale. Schweizerische Ges. für Aussenpolitik, , 1997. 109 pp.Conference proceedings. Very Good. Stiff Wrapper. (264442) $36.00
78. Winks Robin. Cloak and Gown; Scholars in America’s Secret War. Collins Harvill, 1987. A study of the OSS and its work after the War; 606 pages. Very good condition. Hardback & DJ. (264398) $12.00
79. Wolfenstein Hans. Von Juden in Steglitz. Beitrage zur Ortsgeschichte. Hans Wolfesntein, 1990. 76 pp. includes Shoah. Good. Wrapper. (264409) $15.00